Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 03-08-2005, 12:47 AM   #1
LOWAU

Default 1/4 mile and AU's

I ran a best of 15.62 last friday at calder park, 60 foot was 2.4.

My car is an auto forte with pacmaker 4499 extractors, hiflow cat, 2.5" redback exaust and minor breathing mods.
I know that I can get a 15.5 with the current setup with a better launch.

I was wondering if there is any other AU's out there with the same or similar mods that have ran down the 1/4 mile and what did you get?

LOWAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2005, 10:29 AM   #2
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

Nik has a best of (well her husband does) 14.7 ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik
We have a ford falc s pack AU II with a few mods, JMM cam, cold air induction, 2.5 inch zorst, lukey headers, flow through cat,She's a manual

Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2005, 10:51 AM   #3
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

At the time I ran the pass I had JMM Race headers, hiflow cat, 2.5" redback exaust and minor breathing mods (pod in box). I'd say that is a pretty close match to yours. Admittedly mine is an auto XR6 VCT but its also a bucket load heavier than a forte (easily 1700kg with me in it)so its not a huge advantage.

Anyhow, best pass was a 15.024 but the majority of passes were in the 15.3 and 15.2 range.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2005, 06:55 PM   #4
EvilChief
Boost Addict

15.6 with cat back exhaust and POD ... once upon the time ...

now: crow cam, POD, exhaust, manual and a 9" clunker in the rear: 14.901 @ 93mph with 2.222 60 footer

Last edited by EvilChief; 04-08-2005 at 08:43 AM.
EvilChief is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2005, 08:59 PM   #5
jonbays
TL40 Wagon?

15.6 is a good ET and even the 2.4 for the 60's not as bad as all that.

15.5 should be pretty straightforward with a better launch.

What sort of terminal speed are you running?

Still running stock 3.08 diff too?
jonbays is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2005, 09:15 PM   #6
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWAU
I ran a best of 15.62 last friday at calder park, 60 foot was 2.4.

My car is an auto forte with pacmaker 4499 extractors, hiflow cat, 2.5" redback exaust and minor breathing mods.
I know that I can get a 15.5 with the current setup with a better launch.

I was wondering if there is any other AU's out there with the same or similar mods that have ran down the 1/4 mile and what did you get?
AU forte Auto, went 14.80 before it was cracked open, all bolt-ons and unichip, gears.
Now has a PB of 14.63 @ 96 mph.
15.62 was about what he ran before getting a unichip, then it went striaght down to 15.0..
Keep at it, and have fun.

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2005, 12:38 AM   #7
LOWAU

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbays
15.6 is a good ET and even the 2.4 for the 60's not as bad as all that.

15.5 should be pretty straightforward with a better launch.

What sort of terminal speed are you running?

Still running stock 3.08 diff too?
My best 60footer was 2.36 with a 15.66 and 89.9MPH, but the fastest run was 2.44 with a 15.62 and 90.31MPH.

The problem is if a stall it too much I get wheelspin in one tyre, but if I don't stall enough I get a crap 60 foot. It's a 3.08 diff.

What do you guys do in the autos, let it rev out to red and then change or let it change automatically?
LOWAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2005, 12:43 AM   #8
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWAU
It's a 3.08 diff.

What do you guys do in the autos, let it rev out to red and then change or let it change automatically?
We got rid off the 3.08 put in 3.9's, always do manual changes. last time out Rod drove it for a 2.18, 60 foot.

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post