Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 17-03-2018, 12:54 AM   #1
Captain Stubing
Looking for clues...
Donating Member3

Default Swanny's Fundraising for MS 2018

It's coming up to that time of year, the MS Brissie to the Bay fundraiser. I've participated for the last 3 years, the first two being a 100km course, and last year I completed the 160km course.

This year, I guess because of the costs involved, they aren't running the 160km course, so I've signed up for the 100km route.

It's not all good, at 51 years of age, my knees are protesting when they're crossed for more than a few minutes. I'm on a waiting list to have a tear in my right knee's meniscus. If they schedule it for June, I'm going to postpone it, because I'm going to be riding the 100km on my pushbike on June 17.

I have a couple of obstacles... because of knee problems, the longest distance I've ridden in the last 4 months is 27 km. I can work on that... At the end of this month I have to go work at the Commonwealth Games for 3 weeks, and won't be able to train.

So my training will be for about 5 or 6 weeks before the event.

This has become my favourite charity to support and raise funds for, as I see the projects in the community they've built to support people with MS. If i throw dollars at the RedCross, it gets sent overseas. I'm looking after my community.

If you would like to help me in my endeavour, throw me $2 or more (so you can claim it on your tax) to help out this worthy cause.

I'll do the hard yards getting my body up to speed to do the job.

Donate here

2016 Ford Falcon FG/X XR6 Turbo you beaut ute
1985 XR4Ti Sierra - Build Thread
1971 Fairlane 500
and... a collection of Jeep Towpigs
and... two collections of rust and some new plastic bits roughly shaped like an F-Truck
and.... some spare metal bits with holes in them
Captain Stubing is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post