Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 10-08-2005, 09:45 PM   #1
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

Default bumpers

hey,
probably the worst thread ever but its driving me nuts!

ok just looked for some info and help on getting my front and rear bars off as the new ones are going on soon....
checked here http://aufalcon.com/Tech/techbumper.htm not much help with the rear bar.

I cant bloody get the plastic screw things that hold the plastic in the arches out without breaking them!

What is the go with getting the damn things off without using force?
Also i was told the rear bar has bolts holding it on that you can get to from the boot, is it true because i couldnt find any?????

also it is only 2 degrees tongiht and i cant hold the screw driver properly! : :

sfr rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2005, 09:49 PM   #2
b2tf
not here much anymore

Those plastic screws are real PITA's to deal with. Every time Ive had to undo them what i do is get a small flathead screwdriver a carefully prise them out to the point where i can get some pointy nosed pliers around them and give them a good yank. Can end up in stuffing the things but they are only around 20c each from Ford and if youre putting new bumpers on you may as well renew them because they do break over time anyway.

I think Repco and places like that also sell them by the bag which may be a cheaper way of doing it.

As for the rear bumper, unsure on that one but im assuming youve taken the boot carpet out and all of that, and had a good look around?
Old 10-08-2005, 09:51 PM   #3
sfr rob

thanks mate well in the case of the screws... stuff the pricks.. gonna rip them all out then! LOL cant be bothered stuffing around with em!

honestly i just had a quick "boy look" hahaha. i will look properly later!

thanks for the info mate!

Rob
Old 10-08-2005, 09:54 PM   #4
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfr rob
thanks mate well in the case of the screws... stuff the pricks.. gonna rip them all out then! LOL cant be bothered stuffing around with em!

Rob
Just prise them out then get your pliers round them and give them a yank. Make sure you get a grip on the plastic bit that surrounds the screw too. They'll come out.
Old 10-08-2005, 09:57 PM   #5
sfr rob

thanks mate!

rob
Old 10-08-2005, 10:48 PM   #6
EvilChief
Boost Addict

i usually get a small flat head screw driver and push it behind teh head plasic head and then use a phillips head to turn teh screw ... tends to work all right ... but thene again i dont have any plastic arches any more
EvilChief is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2005, 11:49 PM   #7
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Try the Remove Front Bar article on aufalcon . com. I wrote it, so I know it works.

For rear bar removal:
1. Remove the plastic screws from the plastic arches (small flat screwdriver and long nose pliers are weapons of choice for this).
2. Pull trim forward and undo the 13mm nut hiding behind the plastic.
3. Drill out the pop rivets holding the metal plate to the underneath of the rear bar (positioned just to the right of where a tow bar would go).
4. Open boot and remove side trim panels. Undo the 10mm nuts (one on each side) On the LHS, the funny vent like thing will make it easier to access the nut.
5. Carefully pull sides of bumper away from car, then pull bar towards back of vehicle to remove.

Fitting is reverse of removal. With the metal plate under the bumper, drill 2 small (3mm) holes in it and use 10 or 12G self tapping screws (15/20mm long should do) to attach the plastic bar to the metal plate.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2005, 05:33 PM   #8
sfr rob

thanks JC...

i worked how to pull the rear bumper off...

the AUfalcon.com thing only has the front bar guide, which i am using right now to pull the front off.
i have the stupid habit of ripping things off if they dont want to come off, so i have to try and calm down and take it slow from now on.

that weird vent thing in the boot IS WEIRD!
i was like what the hell is this?

thanks JC

ROB