Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 10-08-2005, 10:01 PM   #1
Wicherts

Default XR8 REBEL. Where can the best performance gains be made.

Doe's anybody have experience in tricking up an AU XR8 Rebel and if so where is the best power to be made.

Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2005, 10:26 PM   #2
LG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Auto or Manual? Speak to BlueDriver, he has a XR8, and is pulling around 180+ rwkw.

Unichip & exhaust & small intake i think he has.
Old 10-08-2005, 11:42 PM   #3
Wicherts

Its a manual
Old 11-08-2005, 12:29 AM   #4
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Best power would be bolting a hairdryer to the LHS of the motor. Supercharging it will see around 350kw (about 270rwkw), depending on boost level of course. (approx $10k worth)

Best NA power would be Hurricane or Pacemaker extractors, 3" single exhaust, unichip or chiptorque chip (approx $3k worth).
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2005, 02:25 AM   #5
5 FTR 5
Made the 300 :0)

Get pacemakers like JCXR8 said 3" or twin21/2" cross tube and straight though mufflers no res.Mod the air box by cutting a hole 80mm in the box in the front or down threw the guard and pipe it to the front.better set of leads than the ford ones and a phenolic spacer you should get around 184rwkw before you even chip it. And as other posts say pick the right guy when chipping the car.This is using standard cats.
Old 11-08-2005, 08:25 AM   #6
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Where about's are you located, we may be able to point you in the direction of the right people.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2005, 09:43 AM   #7
Stampy

The Rebel has the 220kw motor ,nothing added ,nothing taken away it's not special under the bonnet so base all mods on that. lot's of info on this site
Australian Ford Forums > The Workshop > Ford V8 Tech
The Windsor V8
Old 11-08-2005, 09:50 AM   #8
Stampy

Look at these mods and the result better than mine for less ........

got my xr8 dynoed yesterday

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

well i finally got my xr8 onto the dyno yesterday at EAS Performance in airport west (they ill be building my storker motor for me) and i managed 188.9 kilowatts at the rear wheels and 525 nm of torque.
my car is a au3 xr8 5 speed manual with single 3 inch mandrel bnt exhaust, twin hi flow cats, pacemaker extractors, cold air intake and k&n air filter attacehd is the printout
regards from adam
Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by Stampy; 11-08-2005 at 09:51 AM. Reason: copy and paste only
Old 11-08-2005, 01:10 PM   #9
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

The above is all you need if you are not going to get the engine stripped.
Interestingly my Exhaust contacts always swear a twin system is the best for results compared to single.
I have twin and getting 180rwkw but dyno firgures will always vary from place to place. By the way mine's a Slugomatic.
Good luck and you have a very nice AU.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post