Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 06-08-2005, 07:59 PM   #1
Qwikcorty
V8 Turbo Hoon

Default my fully sik audio system!

thought id chuck up a pic of my gear and box ive built that goes up behind the back seats.

the handles are there to stop the speaker hitting the seats, and to lift it out when i need to move it. Im screwing the 2 amps to the back so they face out, should look good when ive finished. When i get my 4ch amp though i dont know, waiting on aus post.

i installed the 5x7's today, pretty happy with them, even powered by the ford head they sound good.

i also added clear au3 rear lights to my car, looks much better. Maybe a tickford badge on the boot next, opposite the xr8 badge. Looks a bit baron on that side.

Qwikcorty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2005, 08:18 PM   #2
MrQuan
Social Disaster

Looks like you'll be bouncing down the road very soon~~ :P

Not the best idea to mount the amps on the sub box, however. Over prolonged use the vibrations can damage solder joints and crap-out your amps. ;)

Also loosely pack the sub box with AccoustaStuff (from Jaycar), this simulates a larger area in your box. When you mount the driver, use a foam gasket (Jaycar again), this makes a decent air-tight seal.

The little things all add up!

3.73 LSD | Darkest legal tint | tinted back lights | Sprayed Dash | Custom Trims
Sound System:
Fusion front splits, rear 3-ways, and 2 x 12" subs with ctrl, 3 x Fusion amps | Clarion HU | 1F Cap | 60GB Zen Xtra | 800W RMS output!
MrQuan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2005, 08:27 PM   #3
LUXO_8
windsor user

lookin good matt.
some nice gear there
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2005, 08:46 PM   #4
Qwikcorty
V8 Turbo Hoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrQuan
Looks like you'll be bouncing down the road very soon~~ :P

Not the best idea to mount the amps on the sub box, however. Over prolonged use the vibrations can damage solder joints and crap-out your amps. ;)

Also loosely pack the sub box with AccoustaStuff (from Jaycar), this simulates a larger area in your box. When you mount the driver, use a foam gasket (Jaycar again), this makes a decent air-tight seal.

The little things all add up!
never heard that about the amps before, something to think about i guess.
the sub comes with a thick rubber surround, no need for a seal.
Old 07-08-2005, 01:29 PM   #5
Qwikcorty
V8 Turbo Hoon

a pic of the rear end of my sexy xr8
Old 07-08-2005, 08:25 PM   #6
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Ummm pioneer....I love pioneer and I believe that they have the best audio gear around.You will not regret it.Is the head unit mofset?

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2005, 03:43 PM   #7
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

I gotta get some cabling for my system ... dunno what i need yet though.
Got all my speakers ... yet to get the D-Class Jaycar amp to power the subs yet ... but should be next pay ... gotta get the boxes for the subs as well.

But soon ... I'll have good vibrations through the front seats .... LOL
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2005, 06:39 PM   #8
Qwikcorty
V8 Turbo Hoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by useless
Ummm pioneer....I love pioneer and I believe that they have the best audio gear around.You will not regret it.Is the head unit mofset?
nope im not using a aftermarket headunit yet, its just the ford single cd player. The pioneer 5x7's put out alot of bass even just off the ford deck, i cant wait to see what they are like when i amp them to 50wrms, and get my sub in.

Engine mods or lowering next?
Old 08-08-2005, 08:07 PM   #9
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikcorty
nope im not using a aftermarket headunit yet, its just the ford single cd player. The pioneer 5x7's put out alot of bass even just off the ford deck, i cant wait to see what they are like when i amp them to 50wrms, and get my sub in.

Engine mods or lowering next?
OK ....still a good choice of equipment in any case.I have a set of 9inch 4 way pioneer speakers in the shed ,kenwood amp and a kenwood passive equalizer.Damm I am tempted to get them in.

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2005, 09:20 AM   #10
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Pioneer 9" 4-ways ... got pics???

I got a set of the 8" 3-ways (they don't make these anymore) ... and hell do they crank ... straight off the headunit ... no amp. This time I'll be running them through an amp.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2005, 03:08 PM   #11
Axle-F
AU - YEA YOU!

qwikcorty do u mind saying how much all that gear set u back? did u buy it retail or ebay or what? just askin cause im gonna do my system once the car is fully paid off (not long to go now)...
Old 09-08-2005, 05:39 PM   #12
Qwikcorty
V8 Turbo Hoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axle-F
qwikcorty do u mind saying how much all that gear set u back? did u buy it retail or ebay or what? just askin cause im gonna do my system once the car is fully paid off (not long to go now)...
jaycar 12" carbon fibre sub $150 ebay
2x pioneer 5x7 speakers $250 good discount from friend
blaupunkt 4x50rms amp $214 ebay
blaupunkt 2x100rms amp $111 old workplace
2x line out convertors $28 autobahn
power wiring, audio cables, wood, gold fittings etc $150ish jaycar/autobahn
all brand new stuff.
bout 900 bucks not bad i think for a semi decent system.
Old 09-08-2005, 09:26 PM   #13
Axle-F
AU - YEA YOU!

thanks for the run down corty. i'll be trying to build a similar thing but with just an 8" sub in the parcel shelf.

i was also just gonna get one 4 ch amp for the speakers and power the sub from the head unit....can anyone tell me if that wont work?

ps: corty was that deal u got thru your freind $250 for all 4 speakers?
Old 09-08-2005, 09:41 PM   #14
Qwikcorty
V8 Turbo Hoon

yeah $125 each pair

for these > http://www.doranproaudio.com.au/prod...asp?prodID=103

details of them here >http://www.pioneeraus.com.au/car_ent...713/index.html