Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 24-07-2005, 05:41 PM   #1
OldFogey
Starter Motor

Default What Does it Have ??

I have a 2001 AUII Fairmont Ghia 5ltr, it has a plate that denotes the vehicle has been factory fitted with the following Tickford enhancments : Momo steering wheel/ Tickford body kit. According to one site if fitted with this kit it includes 17x8 rims (fitted) and sports suspension. How do I confirm this?
it is also fitted with dual exhaust . Thanks guys.

OldFogey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2005, 07:16 PM   #2
Dark Horse
_Oo===oO_

If it is fitted with the Tickford sports suspension, I'd say you've got the suspension setup off the XR's. Official ride height for the XR's was 367mm front and 377mm rear, give or take a bit (err well, mass produced Fords lol). Measured from the centre of the centre cap to the top of the wheel arch.

There should be a seperate entry on the Tickford modification plaque specifically mentioning '17" Wheels'.
Old 24-07-2005, 10:02 PM   #3
Silhouette AU1 TS50.

If the plate says Momo wheel and bodykit, then that's all that was fitted from factory. Doesn't mean the suspension and wheels were also fitted. If the Tickford suspension and wheels were fitted from factory, the plate would say exactly that.

You've got me with the dual exhaust though. I thought the V8 dual exhaust from top right through to tips was only for XR8.

PIC'S OF MY
T1 TS50.
12 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2005, 10:13 PM   #4
buickman
buickman

Check the upper control arms on the IRS. As the XR's only had the camber adj bolts from the factory for the sports suspension as standed.
I had to put the kit into my Ghia after I lowered the car as Premium & none XR's that had the IRS fitted were non adjustable.
buickman
buickman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2005, 11:40 PM   #5
OldFogey
Starter Motor

Thanks for the replies, measured the ride height, 370 front 390 rear. will get under and check the control arms to morrow.

Found my original information here: http://trueblueford.com/Specs_Pages.htm

Wheels: (back to index)
Unique Fairmont Ghia 16” x 6.5” machined finish fine spoke alloy wheels.
Optional 17” x 8.0” Tickford five spoke alloy wheels.
(the above Tickford wheel option only available with the Sports Suspension option).

I have only had the car about a month it is in immaculate condition and has travelled
only 45,000 klm. Can anyone throw any light on a decal on the body near the drivers door "Feild Campaign Ford " Ref.No.SRCC300 Completion date 28.09.04. - Do not remove this decal.

I have been a ford driver since 1968 and have owned XM (2 door) XT, XA, XD, EB, this one is the best so far, I must admit I get a few strange looks as my name suggests I am nearly 60 but still appreciate fine machinery
OldFogey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2005, 12:29 AM   #6
Silhouette AU1 TS50.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldFogey
Can anyone throw any light on a decal on the body near the drivers door "Feild Campaign Ford " Ref.No.SRCC300 Completion date 28.09.04. - Do not remove this decal.
Feild campaign usually means a recall that has been rectified. SRCC300 sounds like the steering rack recall to me, but I'm not 100% sure. But being dated 28.09.04.. I'd say it is.

PIC'S OF MY
T1 TS50.
12 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-07-2005, 07:28 PM   #7
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

yeah my car has the field recall sticker aswel wasnt sure wat it meant but yes i checked at local dealer all recalls on my XR have been repaired. Old fogey if u dont mind me asking wat did u pay for ur car
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2005, 11:57 AM   #8
Sleeperau
Highway Taxi

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldFogey
I have a 2001 AUII Fairmont Ghia 5ltr, it has a plate that denotes the vehicle has been factory fitted with the following Tickford enhancments : Momo steering wheel/ Tickford body kit. According to one site if fitted with this kit it includes 17x8 rims (fitted) and sports suspension. How do I confirm this?
it is also fitted with dual exhaust . Thanks guys.
Come September the car that I am after! I have heard their was a limited run of tickford Fairlanes? They were numbered as well apparently. Does anyone Know of these? Is yours one of these old fogey?
Sleeperau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2005, 12:27 PM   #9
blackers10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

tickford fairlanes are TL50s
they are SUPER COOL
in a magazine i have here they took 1 down to summernats .. and it got GOOOD feedback!!
came with 18s standard..220kw V8 etc etc.. and gear shift buttons on the steering wheel!!! much fun i must say!
sure would be a step up from tha 99 AU fairlane i have now ..*drools*
blackers10 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2005, 06:14 PM   #10
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeperau
Come September the car that I am after! I have heard their was a limited run of tickford Fairlanes? They were numbered as well apparently. Does anyone Know of these? Is yours one of these old fogey?
There's a difference in Fairmont Ghia and Fairlane/TL50 though. Vehicle in question here is a Fairmont Ghia which werent limited edition, some went through Tickford, some didnt.

Fairlane Ghia is a different car, some may have had Tickford bits but it would only be stuff like MOMO wheel etc. AFAIK, suspension etc. wasnt available from Tickford for Fairlanes except TL50.

TL50 is a Tickford Version of Fairlane Ghia crossed with T-Series. Very hard to find one of these because there weren't that many made.