Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 07-08-2005, 02:57 PM   #1
HLC
Audi S3

Exclamation Gday Guys, upgrading to AU 2 Fairmont.

Hi Guys,

this is my first post on these forums....

so i got the oppurtunity a few weeks ago to upgrade my car, an ED Falcon. it looks killer and my father and i have looked after it really well. but over the last few months that ive had it. and being a p-plater, driving it a little harder than my mum, things have started to go wrong. so after spending a few thousand on repairs, weve decided to get rid of it and upgrade.

so i did some looking and up came an AU2 Fairmont. with only 90 000klms on the clock. so i went and insepcted it and did some research and got a price on it. and ive gotten an offer through some contacts that i just cant refuse. its a bargain!

so im picking up the car in a couple of weeks, i need my dad back to sign over rego papers and such, he's away atm.

i was just wondering, what sort of cheap, well not cheap, but effective mods can be performed on this car.

such as a unichip. what sort of money am i looking at for that. or a cat-back exhaust.

anyhelp would be appreciated. thanks guys

HLC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2005, 03:23 PM   #2
loxxr6
XB in parts...

Save the Unichip for until such time as you've changed your exhaust or done some engine work. Doing it straight away isn't the best coz if you then later change something else on the car, the chip has to be reprogrammed.

What state are you in ?

Has Fez and XB.

loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2005, 03:33 PM   #3
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by loxxr6
Save the Unichip for until such time as you've changed your exhaust or done some engine work. Doing it straight away isn't the best coz if you then later change something else on the car, the chip has to be reprogrammed.

What state are you in ?
NSW. Sydney, im out west near eastern creek.
Old 07-08-2005, 03:58 PM   #4
loxxr6
XB in parts...

Cool.

When you decide to buy your Unichip have a chat with Spiro from Autotech @ Granville.

Joe @ Crescent Motors at Liverpool should also be able to give you some good advice.

As for cheap mods, the T series intake at $38 or so is an ok start.

Where an exhaust is concerned, I paid around a grand for the extractors, hi flow cat and back pipe from Liverpool Exhaust.

The pick of extractors seem to come down to the JMM Race Series and the Pacemaker Comps I believe.

Check some of threads in the 6 cylinder thread for more help.

Has Fez and XB.

loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2005, 04:07 PM   #5
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by loxxr6
Cool.

When you decide to buy your Unichip have a chat with Spiro from Autotech @ Granville.

Joe @ Crescent Motors at Liverpool should also be able to give you some good advice.

As for cheap mods, the T series intake at $38 or so is an ok start.

Where an exhaust is concerned, I paid around a grand for the extractors, hi flow cat and back pipe from Liverpool Exhaust.

The pick of extractors seem to come down to the JMM Race Series and the Pacemaker Comps I believe.

Check some of threads in the 6 cylinder thread for more help.
thanks man. i just fired off an email to Autotech at Granville.

also, i was looking at exhausts on ebay, some redback 2.5inch cat back exhausts, im wondering what sort of difference there would be with just a stright through tail pipe (no muffler) or one with a muffler, apart from exhaust note obviously. ill check out teh 6 cylinder board.