Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > Ford Performance Vehicles Club of Tasmania > General Discussions

Old 29-04-2008, 09:21 PM   #1
TICK4D-TAS
Club Moderator

Default Hobart Loop Cruise, Sunday 18th May

Hi Guys,

Bellow are the details for the May Club event.

Hobart – Channel – Huonville loop cruise
Sunday 18th May 2008

Meeting place:

North West Members
Speedway Rd, Bass Highway Latrobe
8am for a 8.15 Departure

Northern Members
Caltex Perth Roadhouse
9am for a 9.15 Departure

Southern Members will meet with Northern Members
Hobart Macquarie wharf
11am for a 11.15 Departure

Details:

The cruise is designed to be a tour of the Huon valley. We will be meeting in Hobart and then travelling down to Huonville via Blackmans bay, Margate and turning at Woodbridge, this will cut us across an old Targa Tas stage on the back way into Cygnet. We will then head around the river into Huonville where we will stop and have some lunch. Lunch will be a “choose your own” as there are plenty of bakeries and cafes around. After lunch we will head back to Hobart on the Huon hwy turning off and taking the old Longley Targa stage before coming back into Hobart.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Cheers
Tim

2010 FPV F6 Ute
2016 FGX XR6 Sprint
2020 PX3 Ranger Wildtrak
TICK4D-TAS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2008, 11:04 PM   #2
Director

Sounds like a good cruise, look forward to it

Ace Ventura

FG G6
XB K code Fairmont
Director is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2008, 06:50 PM   #3
F6T
Has V8 envy

great stuff. got the info in the mail. will be along for sure!

GTX35/82r + 82lb injectors
Nizpro 4" exhaust
Plazmaman 1000hp IC/piping/BOV/plenum
Process West surge tank
Crow springs
TEIN super streets
6/4 brembos

TUNED BY BLUEPOWER RACING
F6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2008, 07:03 PM   #4
TICK4D-TAS
Club Moderator

Hopefully the weather will be kind to us and we can have a good drive.
2010 FPV F6 Ute
2016 FGX XR6 Sprint
2020 PX3 Ranger Wildtrak
Old 15-05-2008, 10:38 PM   #5
GT750
GT750

Kohen and I Shall Be there, should be a great drive if the weather is fine
2004 BA MK1 GT, 5 Speed Manual, Blood Orange, Black Stripes, Leather and Premium Sound Build #750
2002 T3 TE50, Manual, Congo Green, Koni's, Sunroof, 6/4 Brembos, Premium Sound Build #56
2002 Tickford XR8 Pursuit 250 Manual, Leather, Hardlid, 6/4 Brembos, Premium sound
GT750 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2008, 07:47 PM   #6
TICK4D-TAS
Club Moderator

Was a great turn out today. We were lucky that the weather held off for us. Was great to see some new members, I hope you enjoyed the outing with the club and will come back again

Also a special thanks to the GT club for making the effort to bring a nice selection of cars out for the run.
I forgot to take my camera, but i think i counted 21 cars for the day. hopefully a couple of the others will be able to post some pictures up.

Cheers
Tim
2010 FPV F6 Ute
2016 FGX XR6 Sprint
2020 PX3 Ranger Wildtrak
Old 18-05-2008, 09:06 PM   #7
TadKa
Wait? What?

Cheers Tim, was a nice drive. Good to see a few Gt's out. I had to turn the stereo off and have the windows down most of the way so I could listen to the one in front of me accelerating.
TadKa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2008, 02:05 AM   #8
GT750
GT750

Here are a few pics

thanks to all that attended and i hope you all had a good day & drive.

was good to see a great turnout of cars and thanks to the GT club for comming along.

welcome to the new members hope you enjoyed the day.

2004 BA MK1 GT, 5 Speed Manual, Blood Orange, Black Stripes, Leather and Premium Sound Build #750
2002 T3 TE50, Manual, Congo Green, Koni's, Sunroof, 6/4 Brembos, Premium Sound Build #56
2002 Tickford XR8 Pursuit 250 Manual, Leather, Hardlid, 6/4 Brembos, Premium sound
Old 19-05-2008, 07:11 PM   #9
tex
Broken

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: With the exception of maybe HSE2, nobody writes a review like Texy. 

Hi Tim and man with a camera like an elephant, and also a GT in BLOOD, nice to meet you both Sunday, I had a great day. Apoligise in advance - names and my memory are like sands through the hour glass...........................................

I was very impressed by the roll up, speaks louder than words the fact you boys & girls can get so many people together for a Sunday drive! Everyone I spoke with was friendly and made me feel welcome... which is always good when you first go to something like this.

There was some nice machinery there, the early model GT's were tough, as was the note coming from Tims' wound up windsor - coming through the twisties between Oyster Cove and Cygnet. When I realised you had a car load of passengers I was very impressed, those poor bastards that drew the short straw for the back seat............

Thanks for the opportunity, and to Mad Mike in the 'phoon for inviting me along. I think I could even sense some envy in Mad when he told me about the other Typhoon with 310 at the rears................ now you know what it's like my friend ha ha ha

Best regards, and thanks again to all invloved

Shane

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.
tex is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2008, 08:13 PM   #10
GT750
GT750

Hi Shane

Thanks for your feedback, glad you had a good day
hope to see you on some more club runs.

Regards Karl (Man with a camera like an elephant, and also a GT in BLOOD)
Old 19-05-2008, 09:46 PM   #11
TICK4D-TAS
Club Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex
Hi Tim and man with a camera like an elephant, and also a GT in BLOOD, nice to meet you both Sunday, I had a great day. Apoligise in advance - names and my memory are like sands through the hour glass...........................................

I was very impressed by the roll up, speaks louder than words the fact you boys & girls can get so many people together for a Sunday drive! Everyone I spoke with was friendly and made me feel welcome... which is always good when you first go to something like this.

There was some nice machinery there, the early model GT's were tough, as was the note coming from Tims' wound up windsor - coming through the twisties between Oyster Cove and Cygnet. When I realised you had a car load of passengers I was very impressed, those poor bastards that drew the short straw for the back seat............

Thanks for the opportunity, and to Mad Mike in the 'phoon for inviting me along. I think I could even sense some envy in Mad when he told me about the other Typhoon with 310 at the rears................ now you know what it's like my friend ha ha ha

Best regards, and thanks again to all invloved

Shane
Hi Shane,

Glad you enjoyed the day. I was more than happy with the day. We had about 4 new guys including yourself come along and 'check' us and the club out to see what we are all about. Its great to get some feedback from you.

Yeah well, the road from oyster bay was fantastic. Till the renta car got in the way :( that was just pure arrogance on their behalf.
I think jason enjoyed being in the back, although he was rather quiet, so i will take that as a good sign, alex on the other hand, i dont think he was expecting it to be quite as... well... lets say 'sprited' :P

I still havent heard the car from the outside since the new gear went into the engine, had a few reports back that it sounds great. Always brings a smile to my face when i get told that. I cant wait till i can get the capa edit and a dyno tune, then it will be a little more fun to drive.

Hopefully we will see you along at another event in the near future.

ps. The GT looks fantastic in EGO. I love the metallic fleck in the paint.

Cheers
Tim
2010 FPV F6 Ute
2016 FGX XR6 Sprint
2020 PX3 Ranger Wildtrak
Old 20-05-2008, 11:55 AM   #12
Director

Nice to see some new faces and see the early GT's. The road was brilliant, wish it was longer. Next cruise if the earlies show up again I will bring the XB out, leave the TS at home, (is that ok?)

Ace Ventura

FG G6
XB K code Fairmont
Director is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post