Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Site Sponsor Forums - In Alphabetical Order > Blue Power Racing Developments

Blue Power Racing Developments The home of Blue Power. Website Link

Old 21-05-2006, 11:59 AM   #1
Mark351
Built Ford Tough

Default Bluepower and the AU I6

My AU is not the car that was bandied around in a few other threads (neither started by the owner, or Chris) but I can say Chris did get good gains from that car - because he also got good gains from mine.

I was the second of the two Bluepower-edited AUs last night. I had my edit early last week, and I was very happy with the results. It dynoed at 134.0rwkw as it was. That is actually the second lowest dyno reading I've ever had for the car - the lowest being the stock reading @ Herrods before I got the exhaust.

After the long tuning session, in which Chris fiddled with a few things, the final result was 154.5rwkw, a 20.5 rwkw gain. The cam is still a stock XR6 HP jobbie. It was a shame the drive home was 99% freeway, but change was very noticable.

There's a few more minor things that can be done, but for now, I'm extremely pleased with the results.

At the drag meet last night, I achieved my aim, a 14-something sec pass. I didn't get to borrow a set of Nittos for the rear, so the time 14.889 @ 93.40 mph was done on my street tires (Toyo Transpaths, great road tyres, but not so good on the strip...)

The potential is there for a lower time, I managed a few 94 mph runs, and a 95.0 - the main problem is the tool behind the wheel. :hihi:

If any AU owners, 6 or 8, are sitting on the fence in regards to the Flash Tuner, I'd thoroughly recommend you go for it.

Thanks heaps Chris, I'll be back! :sm_headba

Mark351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2006, 12:32 PM   #2
Craig
RIP Craig - 13/11/08
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathXR
Well done Terminator, great effort it can only get better from here on.

Congratulations.
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2006, 01:37 PM   #3
Tri Power 289
Back in the Game!

Quote:
My AU is not the car that was bandied around in a few other threads (neither started by the owner, or Chris) but I can say Chris did get good gains from that car - because he also got good gains from mine.

I was the second of the two Bluepower-edited AUs last night. I had my edit early last week, and I was very happy with the results. It dynoed at 134.0rwkw as it was. That is actually the second lowest dyno reading I've ever had for the car - the lowest being the stock reading @ Herrods before I got the exhaust.

After the long tuning session, in which Chris fiddled with a few things, the final result was 154.5rwkw, a 20.5 rwkw gain. The cam is still a stock XR6 HP jobbie. It was a shame the drive home was 99% freeway, but change was very noticable.

There's a few more minor things that can be done, but for now, I'm extremely pleased with the results.

At the drag meet last night, I achieved my aim, a 14-something sec pass. I didn't get to borrow a set of Nittos for the rear, so the time 14.889 @ 93.40 mph was done on my street tires (Toyo Transpaths, great road tyres, but not so good on the strip...)

The potential is there for a lower time, I managed a few 94 mph runs, and a 95.0 - the main problem is the tool behind the wheel. :hihi:

If any AU owners, 6 or 8, are sitting on the fence in regards to the Flash Tuner, I'd thoroughly recommend you go for it.

I guess it must have been my car that everyone seemed so curious about then.

Now that the car has been run, I feel that its time to put a few (but not all) things to rest.
When I lashed out for a flash tuner from Blue Power on Aussie Car Enhancements advice, little did I know what it was about to start.

All I wanted was a car that was faster than it was before and still retain its economy and driveability. Those things were my absolute main criteria.
Setting records was not my objective but I was fully aware that my car was about to be used as a Guinea Pig.

Before the car was edited, Aussie Car fitted DiFillipo extractors and hi-flo cat only.
In this form, it ran 15.9 at Calder at night and 16.4 at Heathcote in the heat.

Before it was edited, I fitted a K&N panel filter and a second hand AU SS style snorkel. but didn't get to run it again to see if these made any improvements in ET.
The morning of the edit, Craig @ ACE fitted a DiFillipo cat back system and then on to Chris's dyno it went.
With this set up, it made 126rwkw.
First edit took it to 133rwkw.
Then I saw the Light Bulb come on above Chris's Head!!!

After much deliberation, I agreed to leave my car in the hands of Chris and Craig for a week or so (Being offered Craigs 13 second 3v BA as a loan car helped twist my arm).
Next thing I know, its all over the forums and everybody want's to know whats going on and where are the dyno sheets, without Chris, Craig or myself mentioning it anywhere on here.
I haven't even seen a dyno sheet yet and to be honest, I dont really care. I know I will eventually but what it did on the track was all I cared about. Chris and I haven't had a chance to sit down and discuss it all yet.

Well many of you now know the end result was a 14.70 and 95 MPH
With the standard air box and no internal mods other than cam timing.
Yes it has a convertor, yes we changed the diff to an LSD and yes I
was the lucky recipient of the Nitto street strip tyres (Sorry Mark!).

What Chris has been able to achieve in under two weeks with his first attempt at an AU I6 (not forgetting what he has done for Death XR as well)
is nothing short of astounding.
This was definately NOT a Money no object exercise. However, everything learned from my car, can and will be passed on to those I6 owners interested
in the services of Blue Power and Aussie Car Enhancements.

If you're even remotely contemplating doing it, I say go for it.
Thanks heaps Guys.
70 Mustang Mach1 351 4V/Shaker Auto

Previous forum rides:
XH Falcon Ute 4.0 Auto
BF XR8 5.4 Manual
'88 60 Series Landcruiser Turbo Diesel.
Komatsu 830E Haul Pac- 2500hp, 165tonnes.
AUIII XR6 HP: Prepared by Aussie Car Enhancements & Custom Tuned by Blue Power to a record setting 14.22@96mph.
BA Fairmont Ghia 5.4 3V :Unfinished business.
Tri Power 289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2006, 02:05 PM   #4
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

What Chris has been able to achieve in under two weeks with his first attempt at an AU I6 (not forgetting what he has done for Death XR as well)

A very important statement
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2006, 02:34 PM   #5
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

I think it is great to see so many AU's getting modded now and racing at Heathcote/Calder. Good on em. It is even better to know Chris/Craig , both Ford nuts, are applying their minds to them. All positive and all the competition, inuendo will only help the customers, with some great results in the end.
Old 21-05-2006, 02:36 PM   #6
Craig
RIP Craig - 13/11/08
Donating Member1

Well said Tripower289. First of all let me say that both Chris and myself don't like to "R & D" other people's cars we like to use our own cars for this purpose so your generosity here Terry is just first class and it certainly is appreciated. And i knew giving you the XT 3V now a 12.78 car would swing you.

Bluepower and ACE go back along way with both of us being old Drag Racers and just love to make fords go fast, when my old mate Terry wanted to make his AU go a bit better we went through the usual mods just to see what would happen.

Right now we are semi pleased with our results from last nights event but we feel with some changes in some areas including suspension, tuning, air etc etc there will be improvements.

For all you I6 owners i would suggest you need to keep an eye on the Bluepower and Aussie Car Enhancements sponsor sections here as you will see developments coming through.

Lastly to Chris and Terry it has been a pleasure having the opportunity to have a go at a 6cyl and the experience has been great.

Cheers Craig
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2006, 03:06 PM   #7
5speedeb
now with 3.73 lsd

well done bluepower very good effort
Old 21-05-2006, 03:14 PM   #8
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

2 AU i6 and both well into the 14's. This is good news allround and time for a rethink for the wagon.

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2006, 03:21 PM   #9
xr8ute
Back on the road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laminge

A very important statement
I second that. Its an impressive result given the short time with that combo, and surely with more to come.

Congrats to all involved

AU XR8 Ute 13.90 @ 100mph - http://www.aufalcon.com/xr8ute
5L Windsor, GT40X heads, Crane 2030, Pacey 4-1s, Lukey 3", 3.91:1, auto. Tuned by me w/Quarterhorse and BinaryEditor.

Coming Soon: Ported lower intake, Tickford "Premium" Brakes, and a good wash.
xr8ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2006, 07:02 PM   #10
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

Well done! Very impressive stuff.

Krissy.
2003 FULLY OPTIONED MERCURY SILVER BA GT-P BUILD #336
REVERSE CAMERA - SAT NAV - PIONEER SUB & AMP - SUNROOF - DVD PLAYER - CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
~Tuned By Bluepower Racing~
FRDGAL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2006, 07:54 PM   #11
XRCIST
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Fantastic!!!!! 14.7 is a great time for the mods done, Chris and Craig sure know their stuff
I think i need to get down there very soon for some more work, all this talk of quick 6s is making me hungry for power .
XRCIST is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2006, 11:12 PM   #12
347_XR8
Slide Baby Slide

Death you seem stoked with the car, shame we couldn't run heads up a few more times. Same with you Tri-power, those 2 AU sixes were NUTS! Good work boys and good work to Chris for the tunes. I can only see where these two cars are going to go and thats FASTER!

Mr Super Skid-Man
347_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2006, 11:54 PM   #13
Mark351
Built Ford Tough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 347_XR8
Death you seem stoked with the car, shame we couldn't run heads up a few more times. Same with you Tri-power, those 2 AU sixes were NUTS! Good work boys and good work to Chris for the tunes. I can only see where these two cars are going to go and thats FASTER!
Yeah, definitely stoked! I'm looking forward to going faster as well!
Mark351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2006, 02:18 AM   #14
hamo
since the beginning

Takes time well done you guy's, keep at it, we messed around for a while never had the advantage of the edit. Like the BA's the results will come then the times do as well. My Au is track retired now so go easy on the ET's..lol
Thanks Chris for my Boss edit tune.
No changes to the Ute since my brother (Spoolman) raced it with a unichip 13.47 was the Ute's best some 12 months back, took the unichip out and Bluepower custom tune in, 13.02 street trim with extra stereo gear and used M/T drag radials, love the Sunday tune.
Soon I will save some cash and get a Hi stall.

Always Autotech
hamo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2006, 02:22 AM   #15
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamo
Takes time well done you guy's, keep at it, we messed around for a while never had the advantage of the edit. Like the BA's the results will come then the times do as well. My Au is track retired now so go easy on the ET's..lol
No changes to the Ute since my brother (Spoolman) raced it with a unichip 13.47 was the Ute's best some 12 months back, took the unichip out and Bluepower custom tune in, 13.02 street trim with extra stereo gear and used M/T drag radials, love the Sunday tune.
Hamo, seen your results and well done on your runs at the track.
DOC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2006, 07:26 AM   #16
Tri Power 289
Back in the Game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamo
Your right Hamo, the biggest improvement in these things is definately due to the Edit especially as it is able to make the most of the other mods.
The difference with the Hi Stall is also very dramatic. Get one. You'll love it!

Pity your AU is retired. I would love to have seen it run.
I'm pretty sure your record is safe for a little while yet.
My next improvement will be in the rear suspension but that will probably only give me a 1/10 or so.

Come up and introduce yourself next Drag Day. I'd love to have a chat.
70 Mustang Mach1 351 4V/Shaker Auto

Previous forum rides:
XH Falcon Ute 4.0 Auto
BF XR8 5.4 Manual
'88 60 Series Landcruiser Turbo Diesel.
Komatsu 830E Haul Pac- 2500hp, 165tonnes.
AUIII XR6 HP: Prepared by Aussie Car Enhancements & Custom Tuned by Blue Power to a record setting 14.22@96mph.
BA Fairmont Ghia 5.4 3V :Unfinished business.
Tri Power 289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2006, 09:54 AM   #17
hamo
since the beginning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri Power 289
Your right Hamo, the biggest improvement in these things is definately due to the Edit especially as it is able to make the most of the other mods.
The difference with the Hi Stall is also very dramatic. Get one. You'll love it!

Pity your AU is retired. I would love to have seen it run.
I'm pretty sure your record is safe for a little while yet.
My next improvement will be in the rear suspension but that will probably only give me a 1/10 or so.

Come up and introduce yourself next Drag Day. I'd love to have a chat.
13.02 was my last run for the night. I launched it from lower rpm than the previous runs and was pretty surprised with the time. I reckon that a 12 is possible with the current setup, but a big stall would be nice :hihi:

i'll make sure to catch up with you next time!

Always Autotech
hamo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2006, 09:38 PM   #18
DJM83
Proper Gearbox User
Donating Member3

Is this still in development oif is it available, also with the 2 AU's what other mods are done? mine is a standard HP apart from an exhaust, K&N what kind of power should i expect with an edit how many $$$ and how much time is involved
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2006, 09:40 AM   #19
Bluepower
KenneBell Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00VenomXR
Is this still in development oif is it available, also with the 2 AU's what other mods are done? mine is a standard HP apart from an exhaust, K&N what kind of power should i expect with an edit how many $$$ and how much time is involved
Hi mate - I am using a vernier gear and SCT edit, plus an airbox mod, and we are seeing an easy 150 plus rwkw with these mods - it does depend on the exhaust system you have on your car. Feel free to give me a call to discuss pricing.

Chris

Bluepower Racing Developments

Proud Australian Distributors of Kenne Bell superchargers
The Quickest, The Fastest, The Baddest Boss Blower of all.

www.bluepower.com.au

Bluepower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2006, 10:05 AM   #20
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:

That is unreal.

I was a little skeptical with Edit at first, I hung back to see if anyone else would take the jump, now that DeathXR and Tri Power 289 have, and results speak for themselves, that Edit is almost a must have modification.

I'll be going for Edit after three things happen...

1. I run it at Willowbank as it is right now
2. I get sequential vapour injected gas put on (takes out the TB restriction)
3. I get rid of my Unichip

I will be in contact with you Chris. Even though you're down there and I'm up here...
Old 29-05-2006, 11:23 PM   #21
EFish
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluepower
Hi mate - I am using a vernier gear and SCT edit, plus an airbox mod, and we are seeing an easy 150 plus rwkw with these mods - it does depend on the exhaust system you have on your car. Feel free to give me a call to discuss pricing.

Chris
Is it true you are going to do this tune for the e series cars? will the ef's like mine get the same results being the same engine stuff and all? Can you post up some dyno sheets as I cant find any? I dont post much as Im not really that good with cars and stuff yet but I want to learn and I read you are gunna tune eseries cars too. what exhaust should I get?
EFish is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-05-2006, 11:40 PM   #22
Noddy
Mercury Silver T3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUII_SE_Ute
That is unreal.

I was a little skeptical with Edit at first, I hung back to see if anyone else would take the jump, now that DeathXR and Tri Power 289 have, and results speak for themselves, that Edit is almost a must have modification.

I'll be going for Edit after three things happen...

1. I run it at Willowbank as it is right now
2. I get sequential vapour injected gas put on (takes out the TB restriction)
3. I get rid of my Unichip

I will be in contact with you Chris. Even though you're down there and I'm up here...

When you decide to get edit who will you get to do the custom tune?

2017 Magnetic Mustang

What to hear a tuff T3?
Click here
http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y30...ent=Movie2.mp4
Noddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post