Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 04-09-2009, 10:23 AM   #31
DBL15
love being blown

awesome : : :

and i love the fact your all ready planning you next trip out there

i know that feeling well done mate good times thats for sure
DBL15 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2009, 12:16 PM   #32
superpursuit83
KITTY Crew Member

Nice work Scotty. Will probably see you there next week, I am going down for a bit of fun on my street rubber.

BAII Super Pursuit 0083

Awsome power by XTREME FORD TUNING 500rwkw New ALLOY Block

Awesome exhaust by THE EXHAUST CENTRE MIDLAND

Awesome Kenne Bell Supercharger setup by AGRO! and Bluepower Racing Developments

Now with full DOT approval and Permitted for road use
superpursuit83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2009, 06:30 PM   #33
Quadcams
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzuR
Hey mate

when you going down / let me ride in your blown beast :P
Well done Scotty, but getting in a car with Daniel mmmmmm!!! Now thats a different kettle of fish all together.
Quadcams is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2009, 06:41 PM   #34
tex
Broken

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: With the exception of maybe HSE2, nobody writes a review like Texy. 

Well done Azur, I reckon you should be proud of that time for a stock vehicle, and first time out, even more impressive. Hahaha, me and the Gt first and only time when it was stock did 14.08, at a higher mph than yours though. I can't launch the thing to save myself. Turn em, and burn em is my mojo

Mate, throw some corners into the mix............... if the straight track was like seeing your first smoo, man, you'll fairly jizz during the first couple of full tilt laps on a circuit. Trust me.

Again, good work, and keep enjoying that bad *** ute of yours.

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.
tex is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2009, 08:23 PM   #35
AzuR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hey superpursuit, sweet! be awesome to see your beast go down the 1/4, trying to get into Simon before wednesday for a tune n i should be there as well;)

quadcams, haha, maybe i should take my helmet if i get in the car with dan ;)

cheers tex, was awesome fun, the track eventually will come, might needa get some brembos on the old girl first :P

All 20th Ann extras

: |||Mods To Date - Lowered all Round on Walkinshaw Springs. More to come . Tuned by ?????- Power - . ||| :

|Hers| 2009 LV XR5 Turbo in Silhouette
AzuR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2009, 06:39 PM   #36
XRCIST
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Great time Azur!!! Racing the car for the first time is always exciting because no matter what you will always come home with a PB lol : Sounds like you had a ball and im sure there's alot more left in it in this state of tune. Well done!!
XRCIST is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2009, 12:29 PM   #37
f1tzy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

How did you go with axle tramp at the drags?
f1tzy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2009, 12:37 PM   #38
AzuR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1tzy
How did you go with axle tramp at the drags?

hey fitzy

suprisingly better than i thought, the revised tailshaft is alot smoother, still a bit of jumping here and there, sort of got me on edge a bit, but it pulled through fine no DSC helps alot, with DSC on it's like mc hammer's in the tray if you give it stick

All 20th Ann extras

: |||Mods To Date - Lowered all Round on Walkinshaw Springs. More to come . Tuned by ?????- Power - . ||| :

Old 06-09-2009, 02:06 PM   #39
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Not a bad effort Scott. I ran 13.48 @ 103.68mph in my ute, stock standard with under 2000kms on the odo. Manually shifting the auto within 100rpm of the cut out is the trick to squeezing that little bit extra out of it. Perf mode shifts too prematurely.
Old 06-09-2009, 02:55 PM   #40
AzuR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVS Super Pursuit
Not a bad effort Scott. I ran 13.48 @ 103.68mph in my ute, stock standard with under 2000kms on the odo. Manually shifting the auto within 100rpm of the cut out is the trick to squeezing that little bit extra out of it. Perf mode shifts too prematurely.

Hey jas, yer thats what i rekon i should be capable of, if i had some smaller rubber and a better launch, might be getting my hands on some rubber for the back this week, so i'll try get down for one more stock run before simon has a play with it trying to get erika down in her xr5 as well ;)

All 20th Ann extras

Old 10-09-2009, 09:06 AM   #41
AzuR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hey guys

made it down again last night for 3 runs, i got a little carried away with my first burnout of the night, well alot carried away, did my 1st run, pulled a 13.8 not my best, did a second burnout after that it was slip n slid for my 20's, i've baked em haha, second run i got wheel spin for about 200ft, was getting a bit hairy ;) Then it started to rain which wasnt to fun :P

lesson learnt, no more runs on my 20's, (was worth it though) they'll be coming off when i get some semi slicks, was trying to pick up some second handers, but think i'll just bite the bullet and go get some suitey's then fit some nice rubber on em.

Anyway, car should be getting tuned next week, then some good rubber, we'll see what she goes after that

All 20th Ann extras

Old 10-09-2009, 01:54 PM   #42
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Ahhh gotta love it when the burnouts get out of control!

I remember lining up against a hi-po LC Torry. He started laying down a big marley so I thought I'd join in. The track officials had to tell us to stop haha.

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
XR6_661 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-09-2009, 06:20 PM   #43
AzuR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hey fellas

just a quick one, running around at the moment organizing some semi slicks for the rears, looking at some kummo 235/45/17 for $200 a pop, there a street legal semi slick, but do they need to be close to the outa diametre of my 275/20/20's on the front? is this going to cause me any dramas, if there a bit different?

All 20th Ann extras

Old 11-09-2009, 06:46 PM   #44
Quadcams
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzuR
hey guys

made it down again last night for 3 runs, i got a little carried away with my first burnout of the night, well alot carried away, did my 1st run, pulled a 13.8 not my best, did a second burnout after that it was slip n slid for my 20's, i've baked em haha, second run i got wheel spin for about 200ft, was getting a bit hairy ;) Then it started to rain which wasnt to fun :P

lesson learnt, no more runs on my 20's, (was worth it though) they'll be coming off when i get some semi slicks, was trying to pick up some second handers, but think i'll just bite the bullet and go get some suitey's then fit some nice rubber on em.

Anyway, car should be getting tuned next week, then some good rubber, we'll see what she goes after that
Get out there Scotty, good to see you having fun in your new car mate.

Wade
Quadcams is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-09-2009, 06:47 PM   #45
AzuR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcams
Get out there Scotty, good to see you having fun in your new car mate.

Wade

cheers mate ;) nice to have something that doesnt blow smoke n chew oil :P

All 20th Ann extras

Old 11-10-2009, 01:13 PM   #46
Scaffy
Rlegaur Mbemer

Hey Scotty, did you end up getting the semis yet? I've seen a couple of guys using them at the strip and they didn't seem to be doing to well on them. I don't think they were getting hot enough to get sticky by the time they hit the start line. I'd suggest getting yourself some Hoosier or MT drag radials. Then your traction problems would be solved.

Chad (aka Scaffy)
[YEAH NAH] Red EL XR8 with Trick Flow top end kit, 70mm tb, 73mm maf, 24lb injectors, tweecer, 3.73s & tired T5 = 275rwhp & 13.155@105mph NA. 12.375@116.73 N2O - Off the road, awaiting 347 293ci and Astro Performance gear-kitted T5 (A5)

White EL Series II XR8, manual, high flow cats, single 3" exhaust and Quarterhorse = 236rwhp and 14.18@97.5mph - E7 heads FTW! - SOLD
Scaffy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post