Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 20-05-2008, 10:57 PM   #31
SLY LS1
347ci Mazda RX4

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRNKPR
you give people and places a couple of chances but with Calder they used theirs a long time ago ,Ask Victor Bray ,Rachelle Splatt only to mention a couple about non paying BOB ,he is a user and a selfish PR$CK he uses others to get what he wants

promises ,promises ,promises,The sooner the place gets dozed the better !!!bury all the bad feelings and lets start fresh without that manipulating pr$ck insight

i dont Know who he has got on his side in Parliment but it has to stop why give money to him and it dosnt go into better Facilites and pricing for the public!!!!!!!!!
Yep well let all live in the past and be negative until we have no track.

man, let it go...

Like i've said 10 times, this is only to do with the off street drags and passing information onto Calder so they can see what the general public want in a venue, fill the survey in, there's a place for comments, tell your story there, leave your number and ask if bob will call ya so you can tell him your unresolved issues face to face.

Where's that brick wall... my heads starting to hurt
Old 20-05-2008, 10:59 PM   #32
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Do I have to post my reply in a survey form to make sense, read below, again...

Its people like me that go to calder that keep it running, take that away and you have only one tick box in your survey - housing development.

I must be expecting too much, forgive me. Champ, chump or whatever.

Now the other point, forums, time to start deleting the crap that appears forthwith.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLY LS1

It's not about you or the forum champ, its posted on all the forums, it's about the average punter and joe average being myself trying to supply information back and forth in the hope that we my get some change for the good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by laminge
That post has just confirmed to me how rude, childish and pathetic calder park are as a group, to go further - the staff are rude, there is no customer service, the prices are a bloody rip off and there is no attempt to bring the clubs into the fold to build the drag racing industry up - and this was last Friday.

Now I would not normally bother posting such rubbish to counteract rubbish, calder park might get my visit once or twice a year now, but hey why the hell would you want me to attend or bring my 10yo.
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2008, 11:09 PM   #33
SLY LS1
347ci Mazda RX4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laminge
Do I have to post my reply in a survey form to make sense, read below, again...

Its people like me that go to calder that keep it running, take that away and you have only one tick box in your survey - housing development.

I must be expecting too much, forgive me. Champ, chump or whatever.

Now the other point, forums, time to start deleting the crap that appears forthwith.
You've lost me bro.... ?

So your saying your happy with the conditions and pricing etc etc and you have no need to fill in the survey.

Again, Im just an average joe like yourself trying to get our side of the issues across, the survey was the best way to present the issues.
Old 20-05-2008, 11:27 PM   #34
paddy351
Ford Nut

SLYLS1 , Could we have an update of A.I.R .We need some idear as alot of cars have been changed to street trim. And all the speed shops and other business in Adeladie have to prepare! Thanks Pat.
paddy351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2008, 11:32 PM   #35
SLY LS1
347ci Mazda RX4

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddy351
SLYLS1 , Could we have an update of A.I.R .We need some idear as alot of cars have been changed to street trim. And all the speed shops and other business in Adeladie have to prepare! Thanks Pat.

Im just waiting on the photos of the resurfacing to come across and hopefully some dates, as soon as i have the info it will be posted

Cheers
Old 21-05-2008, 01:27 AM   #36
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPK-250
I just wanna race my car
Mate I think there are many like you...

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2008, 02:52 AM   #37
PALE ALE

SLY-LS1, there's a rumour on another forum, that some machinery used to resurface AIR has "sunk" into the track, badly damaging the track. Is it true ?
PALE ALE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2008, 04:22 AM   #38
montyv8
Turbo Dinosaur FTMFW

Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE ALE
SLY-LS1, there's a rumour on another forum, that some machinery used to resurface AIR has "sunk" into the track, badly damaging the track. Is it true ?
lol...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLY-LS1
Im just waiting on the photos of the resurfacing to come across
check the "AIR, any updates?" thread, there's a few in there ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLY-LS1
what the general public want in a venue,
it to be open for use? (that would be the south aus. general public ;) )
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPK-250
I just wanna race my car
you and me both... :
my car is still in track-spec from the trip to heathcote.. it takes 10 mins from my front door to the gates of AIR in my effy.. (4 in the coupe :hihi: )
yeah, it sucks balls..
Old 21-05-2008, 11:48 AM   #39
Walkinshaw
Two > One

Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE ALE
I posted this Monday under the AIR thread. They have been moving the "V8 drive" days from AIR to Mallala from Friday last week. A mate who was booked in at AIR in July/August is now racing at Mallala in October. Same cause as your rumour, Machinery 'sinking' in the new bitumin.

Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2008, 11:09 PM   #40
Mr. CVE
If it aint Blown it Sucks

I have filled in the survey before reading all these posts. sounds like they are still not really interested in pure drag cars, which is a pity, I was going to dust off the capri !
It is fine to say nice and relaxed like heathcote, however It really has to have a good safety system and scrutineering safety checks on the cars. As much as I hated it, that was a good thing with Andra. ( before they became a money hungry company !!)
I know people are going to disagree with me, but it is the big drag cars ( not mine ) that bring in the real crowds. This in turn brings BJ in his much needed $$
320 rwkw, 810 nm torque, 280rwkw @3000 rpm !! :thebirds:
Now for sale
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11296772

Thanks to Snort Performance, Headsex and CVE
Street car DeTomaso Pantera
Drag car 1995 Mustang, Haleys Comet ( It's back !)
Power by CVE
Melbourne's first SNIPER Tuner :
Now tuning E series
Mr. CVE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2008, 11:32 PM   #41
SLY LS1
347ci Mazda RX4

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8capri
I have filled in the survey before reading all these posts. sounds like they are still not really interested in pure drag cars, which is a pity, I was going to dust off the capri !
It is fine to say nice and relaxed like heathcote, however It really has to have a good safety system and scrutineering safety checks on the cars. As much as I hated it, that was a good thing with Andra. ( before they became a money hungry company !!)
I know people are going to disagree with me, but it is the big drag cars ( not mine ) that bring in the real crowds. This in turn brings BJ in his much needed $$
I to like most other people would luv to see the top fuelers etc etc back at Calder, but that's up to the powers that be...

Here is the AMC Mission Statement which should explain a little what the future is for Calder Park & Virginia Raceway

Quote:
As of 1st July 2007 all of Calder Park Raceway's activities and dealings operate under the auspices of the Australian Motorsport Club Limited (AMC)

AMC - Our Mission Statement

To expand and promote The Home of Australian Motorsport (AMC) at Calder Park Raceway and Virginia Raceway as versatile entertainment venues. To provide a venue for community events at little or no cost and, through activities to be conducted at AMC Calder Park, to raise funds for community projects and other charities. To continue to promote Legal Off Street Drag Racing at a low cost. This activity has been promoted for 27 years without a single injury to any competitor. AMC will continually strive to develop this major activity as an alternative to racing on the public roads of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, and lead the world in promoting and providing an outlet for young drivers who have the urge for speed!

To promote the AMC venues for Motorsport Club racing and ensure that the spectacle of motor racing - the noise, smell, colour, people and speed - can grow again and provide excitement and entertainment for competitors and fans alike, with the highest regard for the safety of all motoring enthusiasts, with the same low cost objective.

To provide a safe venue for 4WD and Motocross activities for young people to train and contest events, thus keeping young riders away from farms, recreation areas and the streets of Victoria, assisting Local Governments and Police to curb this dangerous anti-social behaviour.

To provide a racing facility and promote training for bicycle clubs and community groups in a safe and friendly environment for families, friends and bicycle enthusiasts, mindful of the dangers facing bike riding on our roads.
SLY LS1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2008, 11:35 PM   #42
Mr. CVE
If it aint Blown it Sucks

It wasn't a dig at anyone, but does kinda seem like calder are trying to get maximun return for minimal cost/ responsibility.
Back in the top fuel days, Calder was packed, jet BJ claimed he lost money on those events.
320 rwkw, 810 nm torque, 280rwkw @3000 rpm !! :thebirds:
Now for sale
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11296772

Thanks to Snort Performance, Headsex and CVE
Street car DeTomaso Pantera
Drag car 1995 Mustang, Haleys Comet ( It's back !)
Power by CVE
Melbourne's first SNIPER Tuner :
Now tuning E series
Mr. CVE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2008, 11:55 PM   #43
SLY LS1
347ci Mazda RX4

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8capri
As much as I hated it, that was a good thing with Andra. ( before they became a money hungry company !!)
All good, but I think you pointed out the issue rite there... - theres a change in the wind....

If all goes to plan over the next few months the track will be back to ANDRA/NHRA/FIA specs then will be up to the individual racers ANDRA and NON ANDRA to come check it out for themselves.

But in saying that I doubt you will ever see any ANDRA sanctioned events at Calder "ever", but you may see other major drag racing events held there in the very near future.
Old 02-06-2008, 12:31 AM   #44
yift
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Countless sensible, accurate mechanical advice on all things Falcon and Territory. 

i went to calder park late last year for the first time in 10 years and all i have to say is, it's still a f***n s***hole no matter what they try and do. bj has to open his a**l passage up and spend some dollars (alot of it) otherwise i cant wait untill they bulldoze it so i can buy another house. whether this survey is for off street drags or not the best way to solve the problem with calder is to flatten it and start again, and that includes the thunderdome. make a first class facility for all types of car events, drags/club circuit/f1/v8 supercars etc, and get a decent management group in the place for when any kind of event is held there so it is all run smoothly. calder park will die on its in a big way if they dont give the paying public value for money.

thats my 2c worth
yift is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2008, 12:39 AM   #45
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yift
i went to calder park late last year for the first time in 10 years and all i have to say is,

thats my 2c worth
Go For another look some big changes for drag racers in the last 6 months..
The start line has been so good, records are falling every week.

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2008, 12:47 AM   #46
XRQTR
TBA Customs

Just seen this thread and personally I think any survey is pointless.

I would think that every single person that has ever been to Calder more than once either as a competitior or a spectator has tried to give advice to staff at the venue with regard to making changes for the better. The seating for example I suggested about 2 or 3 years ago, the return track only took a few more years to get something done about it, as for the pit lane when I was their a few weeks ago it had a coarse grade aggregate job done.

Wayne don't think I'm having a personal go at you but mate you really have taken on a job that many would not envy you for, these surveys have been done in the past with little to no real change. When the Derrimut Motor Sports Complex was looking at opening a few years back Bob dropped the pricing by about $10 to try to get people back and it worked for a while, until he managed to get the project shut down, then things went back to normal and so did the prices.

As for the price hikes, I'm sure Bob will blame fuel prices during reconstruction for the new pricing when it re opens.
XRQTR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2008, 12:52 AM   #47
paddy351
Ford Nut

Wayne It's nice to have a plan like that , but how about fix the track open the gates. Thats what people into racing would say.

Last edited by paddy351; 02-06-2008 at 12:59 AM.
paddy351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2008, 01:16 AM   #48
SLY LS1
347ci Mazda RX4

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRQTR
Just seen this thread and personally I think any survey is pointless.

I would think that every single person that has ever been to Calder more than once either as a competitior or a spectator has tried to give advice to staff at the venue with regard to making changes for the better. The seating for example I suggested about 2 or 3 years ago, the return track only took a few more years to get something done about it, as for the pit lane when I was their a few weeks ago it had a coarse grade aggregate job done.

Wayne don't think I'm having a personal go at you but mate you really have taken on a job that many would not envy you for, these surveys have been done in the past with little to no real change. When the Derrimut Motor Sports Complex was looking at opening a few years back Bob dropped the pricing by about $10 to try to get people back and it worked for a while, until he managed to get the project shut down, then things went back to normal and so did the prices.

As for the price hikes, I'm sure Bob will blame fuel prices during reconstruction for the new pricing when it re opens.

Hmmm..

So you think the survey was pointless... hmm how do i explain this...

Ok what the survey has achieved so far..

We had over 650 survey replys so clearly people were interested and had something to say... some good some bad, I sat down with Bryan & Bob and we went through every one line by line looking at what the people who filled it in had to say...

Over 80% of the survey replys said they would rather have the Legal Off Street Drags on Saturday rather than the current Friday Night

So without any hesitation the move was made and from the reopening date in September the LOSD will be run on Sundays in winter and Saturday in summer.

People said they wanted more racing time - from September racing will be from 12noon till late - we are licenced till 11pm so thats up to 11 hours racing.

People suggested a membership / discount - this has been brought in with the new AMC membership - $150- a year gets you 10% discout to race and FREE spectator entry all year and heaps of other discounts.

People said they didnt want to sit on the grass and concrete - the thunderdome seating is now being moved to the drag strip.

People asked for communication, wanting to know what was going on etc etc - thats what im here for and also the new website.

People asked that the timeboards be put back to mph and show the 60' times - thats is being done for the September opening.

People asked for begginers days - this we are looking into - learn how to drag race

Probably the biggest one was get rid of the burnout comp - so with the new day/night schedule starting in September the burnout comp will be moved to the tea break and hopefully on a new burnout pad on the infield as suggested by many on the survey.

People asked for a better prepped track - as anyone would have seen if they had been out in the last 2 friday events, the prep has been A1 with all compditors happy with the new track prep guy we fly over from SA each Friday.

So to say the survey is a waste of time is a touch sad...

Again people can sit around and winge and wine about the past and crap they have heard from uncle johnys cousins brother who overheard something about Calder Park or you can have your say and get your issues off your chest, i can garentee you Bob Jane will personaly read every one of the survey comments, whether he acts apon them is his choice.

And if people really want the facts give Calder a call or drop them an email and ask away.
Old 02-06-2008, 09:02 AM   #49
XRQTR
TBA Customs

Quote:
Hmmm..

So you think the survey was pointless... hmm how do i explain this...

Ok what the survey has achieved so far..

We had over 650 survey replys so clearly people were interested and had something to say... some good some bad, I sat down with Bryan & Bob and we went through every one line by line looking at what the people who filled it in had to say...

Over 80% of the survey replys said they would rather have the Legal Off Street Drags on Saturday rather than the current Friday Night

So without any hesitation the move was made and from the reopening date in September the LOSD will be run on Sundays in winter and Saturday in summer.
How many of the people surveyed are actually racers or even regular spectators, this is why an internet based survey is pointless you don't know who goes and who just likes to sit at home and fill oiut surveys.

In reality this should have been done at the track, a form could have very easily been given to all competitors and spectators as they went through the gates and this would have given a much more realistic response from people you know actually do get there bums down their. Having it based on the net on some forums does not assure any kind of real response, as I said you don't know who of them are doing it to better there own personal experience and how many are doing it just to pass some time and feel needed.

Quote:
People said they wanted more racing time - from September racing will be from 12noon till late - we are licenced till 11pm so thats up to 11 hours racing.
That's one way to look at it but half the reason there wasn't enough time was the poor track prep and oil down clean up times as well as the burnout comp. Running the place from midday till late won't be much of a difference as most people still work even on a Saturday so won't actually be able to get their till almost 3 or 4 in the arvo if you factor in there prep and travel times. All this will achieve is for management to turn around and say "What a failure this was" so maybe they need to look at opening around 3, maybe 2pm, but not earlier.

Quote:
People suggested a membership / discount - this has been brought in with the new AMC membership - $150- a year gets you 10% discout to race and FREE spectator entry all year and heaps of other discounts.
When you do the maths dude this only equates to a 5% discount, and that's if you ge every week so gets lesser with everytime you don't or forget to go. They really should have made the same as it was about 5 years ago with the "pre-registration" allowing for a $10 discount if you registered at certain speed shops. Also what they used to have with Forum members running a list at the gate also giving a discount.

Having to pay in order to get a discount is very shrewd on there part as this guarantees them a certain income regardless of wheter or not those members turn up to events.

If they wish to charge this then the membership should also allow for further discounts during other events held at the complex, not really very well thought out concept, actually it is but for there own gain.

Quote:
People said they didnt want to sit on the grass and concrete - the thunderdome seating is now being moved to the drag strip.
This is about 15 years overdure, this should have been looked at a few years after the Blunderdome stopped being used on a regular basis, they didn't have to pull all the seats but could have started slowly and that way guaged a response as to whether or not this got more people in.

Quote:
People asked for communication, wanting to know what was going on etc etc - thats what im here for and also the new website.

People asked that the timeboards be put back to mph and show the 60' times - thats is being done for the September opening.

People asked for begginers days - this we are looking into - learn how to drag race

Probably the biggest one was get rid of the burnout comp - so with the new day/night schedule starting in September the burnout comp will be moved to the tea break and hopefully on a new burnout pad on the infield as suggested by many on the survey.

People asked for a better prepped track - as anyone would have seen if they had been out in the last 2 friday events, the prep has been A1 with all compditors happy with the new track prep guy we fly over from SA each Friday.
People have asked for a lot of tings over a long period of time, I'm certainly not going to thank there collective greedy butts for something that is long overdue by anyones reckoning.

With regard to the track prep guy, mate this is not something that's come about due to any survey if it started when you say it did, timeline doesn't fit I'm afraid, this has been brought about more by people "whingeing" at the track waiting for a track to be re-prepped in the middle of an event.

Quote:
So to say the survey is a waste of time is a touch sad...

Again people can sit around and winge and wine about the past and crap they have heard from uncle johnys cousins brother who overheard something about Calder Park or you can have your say and get your issues off your chest, i can garentee you Bob Jane will personaly read every one of the survey comments, whether he acts apon them is his choice.

And if people really want the facts give Calder a call or drop them an email and ask away.
The only thing that's a touch sad is that this seems quite a coincindence for two reason:
1. Bobs ex wanting more money, seems he found a way to get it
2. Heathcote could end up in the hands of racers who would end up turning it into a world class track and thus kill off any chance Calder has to survive.

I'm not whingeing and this is not anything I've heard from others but things I know to be fact, sure it's mostly from the past but that's how you judge someones future performance. Had he been an axe murderer asking to get a job at a library full of people do you think he would be successful in his application for work? not likely, why? because of there past record. Same could be said here Wayne, too many times too many promises have been made with no real progress made.

I am getting my issues off my chest and I know for a fact that I speak for quite a few people when I say the things I say, some have voiced there opinions already.

Rather than reading surveys maybe Bob needs to get his grey old butt online and read the comments left in many of the forums by people who actually go to these events. It might even be an idea if he get the same butt down to the track occasionally and talks with the people who help support his classic car habit to see what they want rather than taking the word of people you don't even know how regular they get their if even at all.

Now, to finish off you seem to put alot of "we" in your responses, is there something you're not saying?? get it off your chest
XRQTR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2008, 10:45 AM   #50
SLY LS1
347ci Mazda RX4

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRQTR

When you do the maths dude this only equates to a 5% discount, and that's if you ge every week so gets lesser with everytime you don't or forget to go. They really should have made the same as it was about 5 years ago with the "pre-registration" allowing for a $10 discount if you registered at certain speed shops. Also what they used to have with Forum members running a list at the gate also giving a discount.

Having to pay in order to get a discount is very shrewd on there part as this guarantees them a certain income regardless of wheter or not those members turn up to events.

If they wish to charge this then the membership should also allow for further discounts during other events held at the complex, not really very well thought out concept, actually it is but for there own gain.

Now, to finish off you seem to put alot of "we" in your responses, is there something you're not saying?? get it off your chest
Wow after reading that response I think maybe you should have organised the survey, you seem to know who the people were who did the survey, you seem to know most racers & spectators work on Saturdays... You clearly have a better calculator than me, I shouldn't have bothered with the survey i could have just asked you for the info...

Mannn.. you clearly have some deep seaded issues regarding the whole thing.. Thtas not going to change and I'm not going to bother trying. "I'll asume as a show of protest you will no longer be racing at Calder"

Im not going to relpy to your whole post because im clearly wasting my time.

But on the Membership deal, I dont think you even bothered to read what I wrote or check it out, so Ill make it clearer..

10% discount to race, thats 10% not 5%

Free Spectator entry for a whole year, thats a $25- saving each time you go as a spectator, so lets do some maths, go 6 times and you have your money back :

and if you had bothered to go read the rest on the website, note: where I wrote "heaps of other discounts" you maybe might have worked it out...

Members Benifits include:

10% Entry Fee Discount for Legal Off Street Drag Racing events at Calder Park & Virginia Racing

10% Entry Fee Discount at Calder Park & Virginia Raceway Open Practice events

12 months subsription to Clubsport magazine

1 Guest Pass valid for 12 months

Free spectator entry to the Australia Motor Racing Championship series at Calder Park & Virginia Raceway

Free spectator entry to selected AMC Drag Race meeting at Calder Park & Virginia Raceway

Fleet owners discount on wheels and tyres at all Bob Jane T-Marts stores
Membership pack comprising:

Membership Card
Guest Card
Membership Certificate
Key Ring, pen & calculator

Do I need to say anymore on that issue...

And when I say we I mean WE, I offered my services free to Calder Park to try to and get information back and forth to maybe get some change, because I was sick and tired or reading posts like your on the internet knowing that no one at Calder was ever going to see them.

It's 1 thing to vent your issues on an internet forum, It's another to pick up the phone or go out and do it face to face with the person/people you have the issue with.... enough said.

Last edited by SLY LS1; 02-06-2008 at 10:56 AM.
SLY LS1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2008, 11:10 AM   #51
SLY LS1
347ci Mazda RX4

I'm not here to argue with you bloke, Im just trying to get the info across, if you have issues and dont want to put them in the survey I suggest you and anyone else speak to them direct.
Old 02-06-2008, 11:48 AM   #52
jcxr
Tribal Elder

Wayne, do you honestly think BJ would speak face to face? I dont think so, the poor old coot cant communicate very well at the moment. Ive been racing at Calder from the very first drag race meeting [ yes I am old ] but Bob has really dropped the ball mate. Early meets were run by VDRC, out of an old caravan near the startline,no fancy towers, prepped tracks, read outs but heck they were good meets. Yes, all held on sundays, huge crowds, and i dont think they had any catering. Bob and his merry men NEED to get back to the basics of offering value for money, good old entertainment and an infrastructure for todays racer, whether it be offstreet, or Pro. AIR used to have the Ampol series, absolute fabulous series held at all major tracks, Australia wide, thousands of spectators at each venue. The people are still out there, but have been burnt. It is going to take a heck of a lot to get em back but I admire your intentions. Good luck with it. JC
jcxr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2008, 12:00 PM   #53
paddy351
Ford Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcxr
Wayne, do you honestly think BJ would speak face to face? I dont think so, the poor old coot cant communicate very well at the moment. Ive been racing at Calder from the very first drag race meeting [ yes I am old ] but Bob has really dropped the ball mate. Early meets were run by VDRC, out of an old caravan near the startline,no fancy towers, prepped tracks, read outs but heck they were good meets. Yes, all held on sundays, huge crowds, and i dont think they had any catering. Bob and his merry men NEED to get back to the basics of offering value for money, good old entertainment and an infrastructure for todays racer, whether it be offstreet, or Pro. AIR used to have the Ampol series, absolute fabulous series held at all major tracks, Australia wide, thousands of spectators at each venue. The people are still out there, but have been burnt. It is going to take a heck of a lot to get em back but I admire your intentions. Good luck with it. JC

I could not of said it better.
Old 09-06-2008, 08:36 PM   #54
Elks
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcxr
What he said. But there is a lot of history here though and you can't blame people for being of the "once bitten twice shy" school of thought.

Well done for having a go and I support you in doing so. I'll even risk my $150. We will all benefit (Even Bob) if Calder becomes an ANDRA championship track again.
Old 09-06-2008, 09:22 PM   #55
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i for one will not run at calder again till they make more family friendly for people with families ( that includes just going to watch fellow car club members)

the last time we went as spectators it cost us nearly $80 just to watch

not a cheep night out

jason

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jason[98.EL] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post