Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 18-08-2015, 06:09 PM   #1
El Venom
normality is boring
Donating Member1

Default dyno reading

I recently had my car on a dyno as it was at a car show I attended. Now this was the first time I have ever put a car I have owned on a dyno and on the day they posted up on the board that my car had made a best of 190.4hp but I have no idea about the torque. I have I been I contact with the shop who ran the dyno about torque figures but they just supplied me with a screen shot of 1 run that made slightly less hp.

Can anyone tell me from the pictures what the torque figure for my car is?

What I was supplied on the day,

Screen shot,

Factory v8 with turbonetics 67mm turbo, haltech ecu, aeromotive and raceworks fuel system, cobra intake and a few custom bits thrown in
El Venom is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2015, 10:35 PM   #2
symotelli
Starter Motor

I believe you are seeing rear wheel horsepower and 'dyno torque' figures. Have a read of this to figure out your actual torque figures and find out how a dyno works.

https://www.google.co.nz/url?sa=t&so...Hs4HhYhdCKq4eQ
symotelli is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2015, 08:15 AM   #3
LTDHO
The one and only

Default Re: dyno reading

Dyno's provide "Tractive effort'.

Unless you need to know the actual amount of torque, it is a good tool when modifying, as you can see where it increases and decreases.

Most people go off the HP or KW.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2015, 10:33 AM   #4
El Venom
normality is boring
Donating Member1

I am more or less interested in how my engine compares to what it would have had stock

Factory v8 with turbonetics 67mm turbo, haltech ecu, aeromotive and raceworks fuel system, cobra intake and a few custom bits thrown in
Old 04-09-2015, 08:09 AM   #5
LTDHO
The one and only

Stock figures were measured at the flywheel not the rear wheels.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2015, 08:18 AM   #6
El Venom
normality is boring
Donating Member1

I am aware of that but surely people have an idea of what a 300,000km old engine puts out at the wheels totally stock.

Old 04-09-2015, 11:54 AM   #7
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

90rwkw to 100rwkw at a guess would be stock rwkw

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2015, 07:43 AM   #8
El Venom
normality is boring
Donating Member1

So is what I got a decent member for a auto 5L with cam chop and exhaust or is there more in it possibly?

Old 01-10-2015, 11:49 PM   #9
STINKY NINJA
Banned

Except for a catback 2.5 inch exhaust and k and n panel filter my eb ghia v8 ran around 159rwhp stock and it had done just under 300000km,ran a 15.7 at the drags with that hp lol
Untuned my eb now runs just under 200rwhp and ran a best of 14.5 at the drags,explorer manifold,220kw cam,1.72 rockers,ported gt40p heads,stock t/b,65mm maf,press bent extractors and 3 inch exhaust,id say yours should have more in it.
Id say yours would have had close to 155-160rwhp stock

Last edited by STINKY NINJA; 01-10-2015 at 11:56 PM.
STINKY NINJA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2015, 02:28 PM   #10
El Venom
normality is boring
Donating Member1

I have been told there is a shop hidden away who mainly deals with bikes and speedway cars who can re-tune my car and hopefully see some gains but as yet I have not 100% pin pointed the name or location of the shop. I was originally going to get the car fine tuned and checked out but never got around too it as its run great since I put the motor back in but I may look into fitting and explorer manifold and AU t/b before going for a re-tune