Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 24-03-2016, 12:15 AM   #13381
pezcat19
Starter Motor

Default Re: FG X, The Last EVER Falcon - Picture & Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamoAu View Post
Yeah lucky enough to have a mate who works there.... Still not in smoke yet... Bare metal shell is all I have seen so far! :-)

I have build number 6.... Late april or May Delivery... by dealer actually reckons that even if the car is built it won't leave the factory till ford officially release them...

Feel like a little kid before christmas at the moment.. I want my new toy dammit!
Hahah awesome. Yep, I know the feeling.

Pez
Old 31-03-2016, 06:58 PM   #13382
DamoAu

The body has been painted now... Waiting to go in to trim line... Still no engine or any other componants... Great to see it changing though...

Now to plan the week or 2 after it arrives... Need to go for a nice long drive...

Some have suggested going to Tassie and follow the coast... Not sure myself...

Do any of you guys plan on going for a driving holiday once your car arrives?
Old 04-04-2016, 08:11 AM   #13383
DamoAu

Hi Guys,

Who have you insured your cars with? I have most of my cars with AAMI, but don't like the restrictions on choice of repairer etc, and was considering Shannons. I am in the process of getting quotes and was curious what others have chosen and why......

Not long to go.....
Old 04-04-2016, 08:20 AM   #13384
mtbkym01
"Final 8"

Quote:
Hi Guys,

Who have you insured your cars with? I have most of my cars with AAMI, but don't like the restrictions on choice of repairer etc, and was considering Shannons. I am in the process of getting quotes and was curious what others have chosen and why......

Not long to go.....
I went Shannon's, bundled our other 2 cars in it and ended up cheaper than my previous long term insurer. Simple decision really

PXIII XLT - Meteor Grey
3.2 6spd Auto
mtbkym01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2016, 08:25 AM   #13385
DamoAu

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbkym01 View Post
I went Shannon's, bundled our other 2 cars in it and ended up cheaper than my previous long term insurer. Simple decision really
Thanks for the reply....

Did you apply any milage limits? The sprint I am getting will be lucky to do 5000K per year (I drive a ute for work daily), and I assume this would reduce the premium a reasonable amount...

Who was your previous insurer?

I've been with AAMI way too long... Excesses have almost doubled in the last 10 years..... and even without any at fault claims in that time the premiums have just gone up and up and up, while the sum insured goes down......
Old 04-04-2016, 08:28 AM   #13386
mtbkym01
"Final 8"

Quote:
Thanks for the reply....

Did you apply any milage limits? The sprint I am getting will be lucky to do 5000K per year (I drive a ute for work daily), and I assume this would reduce the premium a reasonable amount...

I've been with AAMI way too long... Excesses have almost doubled in the last 10 years..... and even without any at fault claims in that time the premiums have just gone up and up and up, while the sum insured goes down......
I didn't because I didn't want any restraints. Mine will also do very little kms, spends a lot of time in the shed under a cover. Was with CGU

PXIII XLT - Meteor Grey
3.2 6spd Auto
mtbkym01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2016, 10:03 AM   #13387
roddy1960
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Hi Guys,

Not long to go.....
G'day. Damo Au...About a month ago I picked up my FG XR6..I rang RACT (Royal Auto Club of Tasmania) to get cover insurance. but ended up with this..When I had my BA Fairmont Ghia (comprehensive) + AU ll (compehensive) + third Party on my old Mitsubishi wagon it cost me $107 per month for all three..Now with my XR6 replacing the Ghia..and twice the agreed value and unlimited windscreen cover as well it costs me $104 a month..Go figure ..I can't , not that I'm complaining though. and if I insure my house with them too they'll knock another 10% off it all.....Cheers Rod..
roddy1960 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2016, 01:26 PM   #13388
superfly
Go the Hogster!

Quote:
The body has been painted now... Waiting to go in to trim line... Still no engine or any other componants... Great to see it changing though...

Now to plan the week or 2 after it arrives... Need to go for a nice long drive...

Personally I would run the car in first before going on a driving holiday. Once it's run in, it's fair game.
Old 04-04-2016, 01:28 PM   #13389
superfly
Go the Hogster!

Quote:
Hi Guys,

Not long to go.....
I'm with RACQ for my XR50, costs about $460. I did try Shannons but they wanted $900. My house & contents and my wife's WRX are still with Shannons. But it wasn't worth paying an extra $450 a year for them. My old WRX was with Shannons as well. They've been excellent with claims I have made in the past 10 years.

RACQ is choice of repairer as well. So all good in my book. I have claimed from them about 15 years ago or so, and all was good.
Old 04-04-2016, 01:40 PM   #13390
DamoAu

Has anyone here been with GIO in recent times?

They have choice of repairer, and the price is about half that of Shannon's.

The excess is $1200. Can't remember the excess Shannon's gave me...

GIO Shannon's, AAMI, and Suncorp are all part of the same group with different coverage levels/rules etc. only benefit I can see face value with Shannon's is lower excess (I think) free windscreen/glass coverage up to once a year... Apart from that not sure...
Old 04-04-2016, 05:12 PM   #13391
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Dad was with them many years ago, they were very good but he had no claims with them.
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2016, 07:19 PM   #13392
Ghiaman
Kinetic FG X XR8

We are with Shannons now for all 3 cars - XR8, LTD & Triumph - plus house and contents.
Was with RACT for many years but Shannons works out over a $100 a month cheaper.
Havent had any claims as yet but so far so good.

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk
Ghiaman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2016, 08:41 PM   #13393
DamoAu

I spoke with my panel beater today and they suggested Famous Insurance. I've never heard of them before but they only do cars, scooters and motorbikes for personal use. The pricing I got from them was even better than GIO, and I get full choice of repairer...

Anyone ever heard of them?

Talking to my mate at ford he reckons there is only a few days left of production.... My dealer reckons even if the car is built that ford won't release it until it would officially be a May delivery... Only time will tell I guess!
Old 04-04-2016, 09:33 PM   #13394
superfly
Go the Hogster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghiaman View Post
We are with Shannons now for all 3 cars - XR8, LTD & Triumph - plus house and contents.
Was with RACT for many years but Shannons works out over a $100 a month cheaper.
Havent had any claims as yet but so far so good.

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk
Shannons are fantastic with claims. I've made claims on the missus WRX and on the house. But my house insurance is about $700 more a year compared to RACQ. So I'm considering moving on.
Old 07-04-2016, 05:15 AM   #13395
Fairlane Al

So I'm after a G6E, just a regular naturally aspirated 6.

Does anyone know if there's any more ones being built or if it's just what's floating around now? The salesman I spoke to basically said there was next to no chance of getting one ordered, is that true or is he just pushing me to make a sale?

Also what's the street price for a G6E at the moment, he said around 44,000 tops for my choice of car or $43,000 if I can take a 2015 build that's already at a dealer in NSW. To me only saving $1000 for a 2015 build car when we're already in the 4th month of 2016 seems a tad steep?
Fairlane Al is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2016, 07:10 AM   #13396
DamoAu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairlane Al View Post
So I'm after a G6E, just a regular naturally aspirated 6.

Does anyone know if there's any more ones being built or if it's just what's floating around now? The salesman I spoke to basically said there was next to no chance of getting one ordered, is that true or is he just pushing me to make a sale?

Also what's the street price for a G6E at the moment, he said around 44,000 tops for my choice of car or $43,000 if I can take a 2015 build that's already at a dealer in NSW. To me only saving $1000 for a 2015 build car when we're already in the 4th month of 2016 seems a tad steep?
It's pretty hard to get anything out of ford now. The dealers have there allocations set and you will just have to ring around to find a dealer who still has one in their allocation that they haven't sold. Just over 6 months left before they close the factory, when they have already scaled manufacturing back to the bare minimum already doesn't leave a lot of cars to be built...

Good luck, it's a shame to lose such good cars...
Old 07-04-2016, 10:32 AM   #13397
au2000
AKA "the other bloke"

Quote:
It's pretty hard to get anything out of ford now. The dealers have there allocations set and you will just have to ring around to find a dealer who still has one in their allocation that they haven't sold. Just over 6 months left before they close the factory, when they have already scaled manufacturing back to the bare minimum already doesn't leave a lot of cars to be built...

Good luck, it's a shame to lose such good cars...
you will find that poduction is now focused on the sprints & no longer on regular production cars.. at this point, id just be looking for the combo re colour you want & jumping on it, imo, unless its brand spanking new, i would not pay over 35,000 for a demo, at 40 to 45 you can pick up good G6ET's
i picked up my G6ET 6 mths ago with 6,500 on the clock for mid 30's
absolute performance bargain if you ask me
His: 2012 FG II GS, Vanish
His: 2003 BA GT-P, Lightening Strike
Jnr: 2002 AU III Falcon XR6 ST, 5 speed Blueprint & 1978 XC Fairmont Neptune Blue

Previous:
1976 HX 50th Anniversary Kingswood
2014 FGX G6E Turbo
1980 XD Falcon GL
2003 BA Falcon XR6
1991 EB Falcon S
1989 EA Fairmont
1982 XE Fairmont
1968 XT Falcon
au2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2016, 11:31 AM   #13398
DamoAu

Quote:
Originally Posted by au2000 View Post
you will find that poduction is now focused on the sprints & no longer on regular production cars.. at this point, id just be looking for the combo re colour you want & jumping on it, imo, unless its brand spanking new, i would not pay over 35,000 for a demo, at 40 to 45 you can pick up good G6ET's
i picked up my G6ET 6 mths ago with 6,500 on the clock for mid 30's
absolute performance bargain if you ask me

G6ET... an awesome car... and not that much thirstier than the standard 6....... These will be very sought after one day I reckon.
2 users like this post:
Old 07-04-2016, 01:55 PM   #13399
au2000
AKA "the other bloke"

good example of whats available out there for under 40 grand atm

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/de...12589848/?Cr=3
His: 2012 FG II GS, Vanish
His: 2003 BA GT-P, Lightening Strike
Jnr: 2002 AU III Falcon XR6 ST, 5 speed Blueprint & 1978 XC Fairmont Neptune Blue

Previous:
1976 HX 50th Anniversary Kingswood
2014 FGX G6E Turbo
1980 XD Falcon GL
2003 BA Falcon XR6
1991 EB Falcon S
1989 EA Fairmont
1982 XE Fairmont
1968 XT Falcon
au2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2016, 08:33 AM   #13400
FTE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Being the last year of the Falcon and 25th anniversary since the introduction of the XR8 did Ford release anything to mark that milestone?
A 25th Anniversary XR8 would be nice but probably too late :-(

2001 Congo Green AU 111 XR8 sedan, manual option 2G body kit but now wears the Rebel kit

1997 EL GT Sparkling Burgundy, sunroof, auto.

Our former Tickford cars:

1997 XH11 XR8
1998 AU XR8 manual sedan
1999 AU XR8 manual ute
2002 AU XR8 auto sedan, sunroof
FTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2016, 10:19 AM   #13401
Bonn
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Good point - none of the Sprint press has made reference to that 25 year heritage.

Jaguar XJ-S: Eaton S/C, I/Cooler, Haltech, DB7 rims, 1:15 Wakefield.

Jaguar XJ6 Wife's daily :2006 Quartz Metallic, FORD Duratec 3.0 V6, ZF 6sp

Previous relationships: FG GT, FG XR8 (+BA XT 5.4, BA AU, EF, EB, EA, EA & XF work cars)
Jags XJ12 & XJ6, BMW E39 Wagon, BMW F11 M-Sport wagon, 20 of GMH FC-HQ
Bonn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2016, 10:21 AM   #13402
DamoAu

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTE View Post
Being the last year of the Falcon and 25th anniversary since the introduction of the XR8 did Ford release anything to mark that milestone?
A 25th Anniversary XR8 would be nice but probably too late :-(
Good point... Maybe they should have combined this in with the Sprint.

Then again it's kind of weird to celebrate a milestone like this then send the car to its grave in the same year...

I can't believe there is less than 6 months left of Aussie built fords... 😥
This user likes this post:
Old 12-04-2016, 08:25 PM   #13403
Big_Damo

Quote:
Thanks for the reply....

Hi Damo
Bet you are excited about the Sprint coming
I don't have a delivery date yet but I too am excited
Interesting to see how our insurance will change from the FG XR6 when the sprint arrives
Hopefully will be very little difference
Big_Damo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2016, 08:36 PM   #13404
Big_Damo

Quote:

First road trip I have planned is to head to the Broadmeadows factory before closing for some photos out the front

have one here of my FG XR6 outside the Geelong plant
Hope it comes through ok
Attached Images
File Type: jpg XR6 at Geelong.jpg (155.5 KB, 60 views)
3 users like this post:
Old 12-04-2016, 08:42 PM   #13405
DamoAu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Damo View Post
Hi Damo
Bet you are excited about the Sprint coming
I don't have a delivery date yet but I too am excited
Interesting to see how our insurance will change from the FG XR6 when the sprint arrives
Hopefully will be very little difference
How do I add a pic on here?

Anyways...

I'm going with Famous insurance... Half the price of Shannon's... If you go through the policy details, almost identical... But half the price, and a fair and reasonable excess....
Old 12-04-2016, 08:44 PM   #13406
Bonn
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Photobucket or similar

Jaguar XJ-S: Eaton S/C, I/Cooler, Haltech, DB7 rims, 1:15 Wakefield.

Jaguar XJ6 Wife's daily :2006 Quartz Metallic, FORD Duratec 3.0 V6, ZF 6sp

Previous relationships: FG GT, FG XR8 (+BA XT 5.4, BA AU, EF, EB, EA, EA & XF work cars)
Jags XJ12 & XJ6, BMW E39 Wagon, BMW F11 M-Sport wagon, 20 of GMH FC-HQ
Bonn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2016, 08:47 PM   #13407
DamoAu

Quote:
First road trip I have planned is to head to the Broadmeadows factory before closing for some photos out the front

have one here of my FG XR6 outside the Geelong plant
Hope it comes through ok
Not a big trip for me... Maybe 10 minutes... Think I will get my BA Turbo and FGX Sprint... Need to take that photo next to the manufacturing plant sign I reckon...
Old 12-04-2016, 08:48 PM   #13408
DamoAu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonn View Post
Photobucket or similar
Very novice here... Do I upload the photo then add a link to my post?
Old 12-04-2016, 09:03 PM   #13409
Big_Damo

Quote:
Very novice here... Do I upload the photo then add a link to my post?
All I do is scroll down from the message I am typing and click manage attachments then click on browse find your picture file and upload it
doesn't come up with a large picture like the photobuckets etc but allows a quick and easy way to share pictures
keep clicking browse and selecting to add a few photos

Hope this helps
Attached Images
File Type: jpg My xr6 ford forum.jpg (151.1 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg My xr6 compressed 3.jpg (110.9 KB, 30 views)
Old 12-04-2016, 09:36 PM   #13410
DamoAu

Quote:
All I do is scroll down from the message I am typing and click manage attachments then click on browse find your picture file and upload it
doesn't come up with a large picture like the photobuckets etc but allows a quick and easy way to share pictures
keep clicking browse and selecting to add a few photos

Hope this helps
Ok...

Let's see if this works???

http://www.fordforums.com.au/attachm...1&d=1460457311

Last edited by DamoAu; 12-04-2016 at 09:37 PM. Reason: Add photo
DamoAu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post