Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 25-02-2017, 02:39 PM   #5251
noomeci
Starter Motor

Default Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

gidday from kiwiland(yeah i know feel free to sling the s#*t)big forum lots of information here love it.been a lurker for a while but i surpose its time for a post.first ford was a mk4 zepher with a 272 boat anchor( hmmm i can hear you saying)next -xd fairmont ghia nice car. next-xe wagon awesome car did a lot of miles in that until it got stolen(these things happen, bummer)next-xf sedan(hohum)next-xf wagon(another hohum i hear you chant?)dam right.next el wagon brilliant car still have it daily driver,120 ks when purchased now done 280.grabbed an auii wagon for next to nothing a while back with what i thought was a stuffed coilpack.replaced said pack and still no spark. pushed back in garage.it can wait im in no hurry.got other projects on the go(or not on the go at the mo depending on weather and drinking)
in fact all this typing has made me thirsty. beer o clock bye
noomeci is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 25-02-2017, 02:48 PM   #5252
.:4:.
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by noomeci View Post
gidday from kiwiland(yeah i know feel free to sling the s#*t)big forum lots of information here love it.been a lurker for a while but i surpose its time for a post.first ford was a mk4 zepher with a 272 boat anchor( hmmm i can hear you saying)next -xd fairmont ghia nice car. next-xe wagon awesome car did a lot of miles in that until it got stolen(these things happen, bummer)next-xf sedan(hohum)next-xf wagon(another hohum i hear you chant?)dam right.next el wagon brilliant car still have it daily driver,120 ks when purchased now done 280.grabbed an auii wagon for next to nothing a while back with what i thought was a stuffed coilpack.replaced said pack and still no spark. pushed back in garage.it can wait im in no hurry.got other projects on the go(or not on the go at the mo depending on weather and drinking)
in fact all this typing has made me thirsty. beer o clock bye
I preferred old zealand, anyway, welcome aboard. The mods do a great job of stamping out foolish behavior which leads to better informed information.
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2017, 01:06 PM   #5253
greentea41
Starter Motor

G'day! Have been wandering through this site for some time - finally decided to jump in.

I own a 1999 AU1 Falcon Futura which I've had since mid 2000. It has now done 330K and has never had the head off. I've looked after it and it has repaid me for that effort. Best car I've ever owned!

But now I need some help. A boy racer lost it outside my place and banged the front. Can't find an AU1 Futura grille. Has anyone got one hiding in their shed and looking for a nice car to jump on??

Thanks and I look forward to contributing whatever little knowledge I have.
greentea41 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2017, 11:41 PM   #5254
john.
Starter Motor

Cool Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Gday everyone, Im john, am here with my beloved au/ba tonner. She was a water board workhorse I picked up 3yrs ago, 350kms tired but running well. Now fitted with a ba xr6 motor and front end, ive resprayed her in electric blue with blackout, running the 18s from the sedan. Not the youngest girl at the ball, however still turns heads.
john. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2017, 07:37 PM   #5255
TopGhia
Starter Motor

G'day everyone. I've been stalking Australian Ford Forums for years now, finally decided to sign up & look forward to having a 'voice' & sharing with other members.

I'm a proud owner of a Heritage Green, EL II, Fairmont Ghia, V8 with Cappuccino/Mocha interior - should pretty much tell you everything that I'm probably gonna need more help than I can offer here, but happy to join.
TopGhia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2017, 10:26 PM   #5256
Mulberry 73
Starter Motor

Hi, my name is Aaron from Jane Brook. I've been a Ford man all my life. My favourite Ford I've owned was a 73 XB GT 4 door. After 4 kids and a mortgage I currently own a 85 XF S Pac. I look forward to chatting with other Ford owners and getting some technical advice.
Mulberry 73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-03-2017, 06:39 AM   #5257
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by greentea41
But now I need some help. A boy racer lost it outside my place and banged the front. Can't find an AU1 Futura grille. Has anyone got one hiding in their shed and looking for a nice car to jump on??

Thanks and I look forward to contributing whatever little knowledge I have.
You might post in the 'Wanted' section of the For Sale forum as a good starting point.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2017, 04:15 PM   #5258
matt272
Starter Motor

I've got a 2001 AU Xr6 series 3.It's running a stock VCT engine ATM.still runs good,but was reading about how the HP runs a lot better than the VCT with the aftermarket cam.was wondering if anybody knows how to get the most power from my motor without spending a fortune and if the HP is any better than the VCT?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
matt272 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2017, 04:21 PM   #5259
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt272 View Post
I've got a 2001 AU Xr6 series 3.It's running a stock VCT engine ATM.still runs good,but was reading about how the HP runs a lot better than the VCT with the aftermarket cam.was wondering if anybody knows how to get the most power from my motor without spending a fortune and if the HP is any better than the VCT?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This question may be best asked in either the AU-BF forum or the AU Falcon forum.

https://www.fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=30
https://www.fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=241
Old 18-03-2017, 10:24 PM   #5260
Brian2008xr4
Starter Motor

Smile Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hi ,my name is Brian. I have owned plenty of fords over 50 years of driving,starting with a 55 Anglia then 200 super pursuit xp Falcon,1970 xw 302 manual .Since then i have had another 302 Fairmont and a 351 4speed xb GS Fairmont. Marriage ,House and kids ended v8 days. 3 cortina's 2 Focus zetec's,2 Laser's,plus 10 more Falcons [all 6 cly ,no more v8 's sorry to say]Now retired i have just bought a 2008 Fiesta XR4, what a fun little car.This car along with a previous 92 Mazda mx5 i just sold have restored my faith in driving enjoyment. I will enjoy reading other fellow Ford owner's posts.
Brian2008xr4 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2017, 10:11 AM   #5261
BillMcQuade
My other car is a Train

Hi All,

I'm from Wollongong, and have owned plenty of Fords over the years, ranging from some very wild XC Fairmont GXL Sedans, to some bog-stock KA Lasers.

Current ride is an AY Telstar Ghia V6 sedan.

Cheers,

BM
BillMcQuade is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 20-03-2017, 11:36 AM   #5262
alsone
Starter Motor

hello i,m al a new member

got a ba on gas

trying 2 clean the throttle body

doing something wrong

now i've "folded under" the air duct seal to the throttle body

any ideas beyond call RACV for a tow to nearest gas plumber

greetings and all advice welcome

al
alsone is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2017, 10:36 PM   #5263
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsone View Post
hello i,m al a new member

got a ba on gas

trying 2 clean the throttle body

doing something wrong

now i've "folded under" the air duct seal to the throttle body

any ideas beyond call RACV for a tow to nearest gas plumber

greetings and all advice welcome

al
Try asking in the LPG forum, someone there might have the answer.

https://www.fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=71
Old 29-03-2017, 08:28 AM   #5264
Mike Ford

Smile Potential Everest owner

Hello all, I currently drive a 2012 Discovery 4 an am looking at changing vehicles. The Everest is the only constant 4wd alternative with 3 ton towing capacity that is around. I don't like the big chromed grill though, wonder if the 2018 version will have got rid of that. Will maybe wait and see.
Mike Ford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2017, 10:42 AM   #5265
Cav
HUGH JARSE
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian2008xr4 View Post
Hi ,my name is Brian. I have owned plenty of fords over 50 years of driving,starting with a 55 Anglia then 200 super pursuit xp Falcon,1970 xw 302 manual .Since then i have had another 302 Fairmont and a 351 4speed xb GS Fairmont. Marriage ,House and kids ended v8 days. 3 cortina's 2 Focus zetec's,2 Laser's,plus 10 more Falcons [all 6 cly ,no more v8 's sorry to say]Now retired i have just bought a 2008 Fiesta XR4, what a fun little car.This car along with a previous 92 Mazda mx5 i just sold have restored my faith in driving enjoyment. I will enjoy reading other fellow Ford owner's posts.
I hope you owned a few AUs along the way.

There's plenty of AU tragics here. Unfortunately.

Anyway enjoy the site there's plenty of stuff here.
Cav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2017, 10:44 AM   #5266
Cav
HUGH JARSE
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillMcQuade View Post
Hi All,

I'm from Wollongong, and have owned plenty of Fords over the years, ranging from some very wild XC Fairmont GXL Sedans, to some bog-stock KA Lasers.

Current ride is an AY Telstar Ghia V6 sedan.

Cheers,

BM
Welcome aboard Bill.

The Telstar were a nice car in their day.

About time you upgraded to an AU Falcon mate
Old 29-03-2017, 10:48 AM   #5267
Cav
HUGH JARSE
Donating Member2

Default Re: Potential Everest owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Ford View Post
Hello all, I currently drive a 2012 Discovery 4 an am looking at changing vehicles. The Everest is the only constant 4wd alternative with 3 ton towing capacity that is around. I don't like the big chromed grill though, wonder if the 2018 version will have got rid of that. Will maybe wait and see.

I don't think so Mike, the yanks luv that tuff truck look; and so do we apparently.

Have you driven an AWD Diesel Ford Territory?

There are still a few brand new cars around at a very good price.

It is an excellent vehicle - quiet, comfortable and reasonably economical.

Can tow up 2.7 tonne.

Welcome to the site, plenty of good stuff here.
Old 02-04-2017, 08:00 PM   #5268
JackoDay
Starter Motor

Hello folks, just joined and keen to dig in! Own an SZ Territory Diesel AWD, one of the first off the line produced in Mar 2011, and looking to upgrade it for long distance trips. Lifelong Ford owner, Bronco II was always my favourite. Anyone miss that lovable mini-bronc?
JackoDay is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2017, 11:57 AM   #5269
Bagonails

Thumbs up Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hi all, just an introduction. Long term Ford owner, used to work for the company back in UK. Had a Territory from 2004-2011 then went Japanese...Back in the fold again as could not resist the 01/16 TX Diesel we saw recently at such a good price.

We need something with a bit of mumbo and lots of torques for pulling our van and the Tezza just ticked all the boxes. Love the car, sooo smooth and quiet, The development guys have certainly done some good work on the vehicle over the years despite being starved of cash!

The TDV6 engine is a link to my past too as I was involved with Jag X202 program (2002) in a previous life and was impressed with my first drives. I hear a derivative could be making its way into F150 so there can't be a lot wrong with them. Still a bit turbo laggy though, should have gone for the twin turbo unit!

Looking forward to many happy trips in the future and 9L/100kms is a lot better then the 14L/100 we used to suffer with the I6 ay!
Bagonails is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2017, 01:58 PM   #5270
Cav
HUGH JARSE
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackoDay View Post
Hello folks, just joined and keen to dig in! Own an SZ Territory Diesel AWD, one of the first off the line produced in Mar 2011, and looking to upgrade it for long distance trips. Lifelong Ford owner, Bronco II was always my favourite. Anyone miss that lovable mini-bronc?
Hi mate, I too have a Territory diesel AWD.

If you want to upgrade yours there are plenty of deals around on brand new Territorys still
Old 05-04-2017, 07:44 PM   #5271
Ba,xr8
Starter Motor

Talking Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hi all new member own a XR8 Ute but gaging for a mk3 two door
Ba,xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2017, 09:30 AM   #5272
Jimmy83
Starter Motor

Cool Hi guys, here to learn a heap more about fords and to get some help

Hi everybody. I have always owned fords and always will i have joined up on here to see if i can help anybody out and to learn heaps more about fords. I also have a few problems with my fors and would really like some help from all you guys please??
I will also be doing an icc change from my BA one to an FG one and would like some input about it and I'll keep you guys updated also incase anybody else wants to try it.
Any quick easy and cheap mods that can be done to my BA would also be a cool topic.

JimmyBuff
Jimmy83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2017, 10:50 AM   #5273
Cav
HUGH JARSE
Donating Member2

Default Re: Hi guys, here to learn a heap more about fords and to get some help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy83 View Post
Hi everybody. I have always owned fords and always will i have joined up on here to see if i can help anybody out and to learn heaps more about fords. I also have a few problems with my fors and would really like some help from all you guys please??
I will also be doing an icc change from my BA one to an FG one and would like some input about it and I'll keep you guys updated also incase anybody else wants to try it.
Any quick easy and cheap mods that can be done to my BA would also be a cool topic.

JimmyBuff
You need to start reading this thread Jimmy.

https://fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=30

Or use the search function if you want some specific advice.
Old 06-04-2017, 06:11 PM   #5274
darkasdes2
Starter Motor

Hi everybody

Hello from Christchurch, New Zealand. I am looking forward to learning more about the XY Falcon I own that has been in the family since day one with my late Grandad buying the car brand new.
Just had the interiors redone and now working on the body and engine.
darkasdes2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2017, 03:34 PM   #5275
FiestyZ
Starter Motor

Hi Y'all
Just joined up to get some info for my various builds.
Currently commencing turning a $240 repairable writeoff 06 WQ fiesta into a club rally car along the lines of the wide body JWRC cars. Joined here initially to work out which bits of wiring I can throw out, but am also investigating which bits of front and rear end are interchangeable with ST150, ST170 and LR focus for a brake upgrade.
Also presently running a 91 TX3 laser 2WD for club motorsport and an 06 RTV BF Falcon Ute daily driver. Interested in upgrading the audio tech and interior in this and a pipe dream that I would at least like to investigate feasability of is to put a territory diesel driveline in it.
Also have a Datsun 240z to be rebuilt into a hillclimber/supersprinter but thats not a ford.
Previous Fords include heavily modified XE Falcon Ute (body and handling - not engine) and XR8 bodykitted 96 EFII Fairmont Ghia.
Dream ford is a 63 or 64 Falcon Squire replica wagon using some real wood and a modern driveline such as the falcon ecoboost 4cyl.
Hope to be able to contribute as much as I take.
Cheers
Matt
FiestyZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2017, 11:09 AM   #5276
michaelw
Starter Motor

Hi All
I have recently become a proud owner of a Ford Territory SY MK11 after owning a Jeep Grand Cherokee 2.7 CRD for many years. The jeep was a continuous litany of breakdowns from form the first time it was taken away on the back of a RACV truck 3 days after I purchased it until 3 years later when it finally had a major haemorrhage of engine oil and required a new engine. An uneconomical repair as far as I was concerned. I had not considered purchasing a Territory until I came across this one. I find it a lot better drive than the Jeep in all aspects. I am not an major off roader so the AWD will suit me fine, towing capacity is ample, storage is better, handling, braking, ride is better. The Jeep had more comfortable seating but some nice woollen seat covers has helped there. The six speed sequential transmission of the territory is great. I love looking under the bonnet at that beautiful straight six. And a car built in Australia. I have owned it for six months now without even a hint of a break down. I have called it Ken, cos it is so fer"ken" good. Looking forward to keeping up with the site and its forums
cheers
michaelw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 02-05-2017, 10:27 PM   #5277
Brandsxr6
Falcon Fanatic

Smile Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hi, Guys
i have looked on the forums for ages and finally joined up, i have a 2005 Mk2 XR6 manual in shockwave blue.
Brandsxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2017, 11:26 PM   #5278
oxleigh
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelw View Post
Hi All
I have recently become a proud owner of a Ford Territory SY MK11 after owning a Jeep Grand Cherokee 2.7 CRD for many years. The jeep was a continuous litany of breakdowns from form the first time it was taken away on the back of a RACV truck 3 days after I purchased it until 3 years later when it finally had a major haemorrhage of engine oil and required a new engine. An uneconomical repair as far as I was concerned. I had not considered purchasing a Territory until I came across this one. I find it a lot better drive than the Jeep in all aspects. I am not an major off roader so the AWD will suit me fine, towing capacity is ample, storage is better, handling, braking, ride is better. The Jeep had more comfortable seating but some nice woollen seat covers has helped there. The six speed sequential transmission of the territory is great. I love looking under the bonnet at that beautiful straight six. And a car built in Australia. I have owned it for six months now without even a hint of a break down. I have called it Ken, cos it is so fer"ken" good. Looking forward to keeping up with the site and its forums
cheers
Gday Mate,
I see what you mean about the Territory, we own an sz diesel, it is a beauty, we have not had a petrol one but the diesel has all the power we need, we tow a caravan with our rear wheel drive tx, the 6 speed auto is perfect for towing.
We had a driving holiday in the USA last year, we drove 10,700Km from Los Angeles to Orlando in Florida in 8 weeks.
We rented a brand new Jeep Grand Cherokee, petrol with all the bells and whistles, 2wd and Auto.
The jeep was comfortable with good seats, the parking brake (foot operated) was useless, one killed an actor from a big movie just after we got home.
The engine was a bit on the low side of power, We had no mechanical probs, fuel econ was average for a big car, petrol was the right price, about less than $2 USD per US gallon, divide that by 3.8 to get litres.
I was glad to get back to OZ to drive my diesel Terry, it would run rings around the jeep any day. The Terry is much more comfortable, handles heaps better and ride is almost Rolls quality.
Terry seats are perfect for both our bad backs, Jeep was almost as good.
I have owned 3 commodores over 17 years but the Terry is much better to drive, they are a bit plasticcy and hard on the trim, easy to keep clean and seating positions are perfect.
Enjoy your Terry and have a great time with the Aussie machine. What are we going to do now there are no more Aussie vehicles.
oxleigh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2017, 08:28 AM   #5279
f.fed73
Starter Motor

Thumbs up Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hi guys,

After many fords through out my driving years starting with an ea ghia to a ba xr6, work and lifestyle (farmer) dictated a move to dual cab Utes. however the blue oval was in my blood genetically instilled by my father's XY, and the memory of accompianing him as a gawky 12 year old to pick up his brand new XF Silver Anniversary Falcon ( wish I still had it!) after many months of searching I have just become the proud owner of one of the first EB xr8 falcons produced and have realised that owning a blue oval was what was missing. Anyway I have joined up to be among other blue oval tragics and get some ideas and tech help when needed. Live on Falcon
f.fed73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 10-05-2017, 10:56 AM   #5280
Chook943
Starter Motor

Hey Everyone,

I'm a 19 year old guy living in Melbourne. I have a real passion for cars especially fords and I own a ba falcon. Not the flashier car but I love it and I love driving it!
Chook943 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post: