Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 17-01-2012, 10:42 PM   #1
CONGO MILLENNIUM

Question Tickford alarm

I recently purchased an AU Millennium Fairlane the colour is Congo Green with black leather interior and the Tickford six with 140000 klms on the clock. It's a very nice car very comfortable and a pleasure to drive. Unfortunately I don't have a key for the Tickford alarm system which comes standard on the Millennium. So I have left the alarm unplugged. It takes a cylindrical type key, I've tried Ford with no luck, they wanted to sell me a new alarm for $2000, the previous owner couldn't help and every locksmith I tried said they are unable to cut a key as no one has those machines anymore . So maybe you guys maybe able to help.

CONGO MILLENNIUM is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2012, 09:41 AM   #2
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 
Default Re: Tickford alarm

I'm unsure i've ever heard of such a device - can you post up pictures pls?
Old 18-01-2012, 10:11 AM   #3
auIILTD
5.6L x 2 pilot
Donating Member2

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the effort put into the Australia day cruise to Albury Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: AU Tech article. 

Same alarm I have on my LTD. Not sure about getting a key. You may be better off taking the unit out and getting the lock replaced.

Here is a pic actually of my widebaned controller, but I mounted it on the alarm siren in question. Circular key under the rubber hood. It is the same as the Tickford one.

Stu

5.6L 342ci T3 Short, AFR165 heads, Comp XE270HR-12 Cam, Brembo 4/4s(355/330), T3 5 spokes, LC-1 wideband, Whiteline HD swaybars, TCE 3K Hi Stall, PWR Auto Trans Cooler, Koni shocks, King Low Springs, Hurricane headers, 100 cpsi cats, Twin 2.5" exhaust.

Quarter Mile: 13.73 @ 105.86mph

Runner Up NA/DA to BF Fairlane/LTD Geelong AFD 2024

2002 XR8 pursuit 250

Custom twin 2.5" exhaust w Herrod modifed extractors, Tuned with Moates QH
auIILTD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2012, 10:29 AM   #4
MAD
Petro-sexual

The company that made the Ford option alarms is Vision.
Maybe give them a try.
Old 18-01-2012, 11:05 AM   #5
T3man
Banned

Ford should ... I say SHOULD ... be able to tell you the number of the key if you give them the VIN of the car. All Tickford alarms have a key number (stamped on the key in fact) and, like the radio code, there should be a record.
T3man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2012, 02:25 PM   #6
CONGO MILLENNIUM

Quote:
Originally Posted by auIILTD
Same alarm I have on my LTD. Not sure about getting a key. You may be better off taking the unit out and getting the lock replaced.

Here is a pic actually of my widebaned controller, but I mounted it on the alarm siren in question. Circular key under the rubber hood. It is the same as the Tickford one.

Stu
G'day looks like the same unit except where yours has a ford emblem mine has a tickford one. I took the uniit to a locksmith but he could not replace the lock as it is epoxyed into the units electronics.
CONGO MILLENNIUM is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2012, 06:25 PM   #7
DaveTE
Back in black

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3man
Ford should ... I say SHOULD ... be able to tell you the number of the key if you give them the VIN of the car. All Tickford alarms have a key number (stamped on the key in fact) and, like the radio code, there should be a record.
DITTO^^
The Tickford and Ford Alarms are exactly the same other than the different logo on the front. The only other thing you can do is look out for one on Ebay but they are rare and most aren't in full working order usually. Good luck. You may be able to rip bits out of one to get the other to work. FYI the Tickford Alarm cover is worth a bit on it's own. It is interchangeable with the Ford version and blokes like myself are on the look for one as my Tickford Alarm was replaced under warranty with a Ford Alarm.
DaveTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2019, 10:30 PM   #8
IronFalcon

Will the car still go if you disconnect the alarm? Have heard they’re troublesome so life might be easier without it...
Old 23-10-2019, 11:40 AM   #9
FTe342
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronFalcon View Post
Will the car still go if you disconnect the alarm? Have heard they’re troublesome so life might be easier without it...
Yes it will. Where the wires go into the top just depress the little tab on the plug and the plug will pull out
T3 TL50 #147 Silhouette Auto ESS - Brembos - Last of 3 in T3 spec, only AUIII TL50 ever built -14.2 sec @ 98mph bog stock. Only customer ordered T3 TL50 built, only LWB sedan plated AUIII and the last performance enhanced LWB sedan built by Ford Aust.

AUII Fairlane Ghia Sportsman 5.0L in Blue Pearl

OWN THE ROAD
FTe342 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post