Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 08-05-2009, 12:29 PM   #1
barra240t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Pacific Ford Zetec Arrival times

Hi all,

I have these Zetecs arriving. If you are interested in any please let me know!

July- Fiesta Zetec 5dr Hatch manual- Sea Grey
July- Fiesta Zetec 5dr Hatch manual- Vision
July- Fiesta Zetec 5dr Hatch manual- White
July- Fiesta Zetec 5dr Hatch auto- Black

Aug- Fuesta Zetec 3dr Hatch manual- White
Aug- Fiesta Zetec 5dr Hatch manual- Squeeze

Nathan.

Old 08-05-2009, 12:35 PM   #2
Candyman2
Zetec 09 5 DR in Vision

Nice work mate !

Big thumbs up.

Edit - didn't you have the delivery month in the post ??? Seems to have been removed ?
Candyman2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2009, 12:40 PM   #3
barra240t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I did? I can still see them? Can you?
Old 08-05-2009, 12:41 PM   #4
Candyman2
Zetec 09 5 DR in Vision

Weird - they are back in there.

Cheers

ps - hopefully those waiting will see this thread and see if a deal can be sorted out

Very surprised to see a Vision Zetec in there - I gathered none were available.

Nice work
Old 08-05-2009, 12:48 PM   #5
barra240t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well, I can be confident in these dates as we recieved news on the delays today. I am sorry to hear quite a few customers have to wait for this fantastic car. It is such an overwelming response! We have to do what every other dealer does and let our customers know there is a delay. :(
Old 08-05-2009, 12:54 PM   #6
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Why do ford let this happen.. Every time they bring out a new Focus, Fiesta, Mondeo they cant stock them.. If they had any idea they wouldnt release the cars till they had a big pool of cars sitting on the docks, then they could actually supply... Their supply chain overlap is disgraceful.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2009, 01:08 PM   #7
barra240t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

No comment.
Old 08-05-2009, 01:13 PM   #8
Candyman2
Zetec 09 5 DR in Vision

Quote:
Originally Posted by barra240t
No comment.
I think that is why so many would-be-owners are a little/lot ****ed off ..... ;)
Old 08-05-2009, 01:31 PM   #9
barra240t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What I am meaning is I don't know why this happens, I am only a lonely stock controller! I only order the cars, I don't build and ship them
Old 10-05-2009, 07:08 PM   #10
lost sangroper
Starter Motor

Ford is losing market share because of their policies and attitude. A customer service manual says look after the little guy because they may become big guys in the future and many little guys can make you just as much money as one big guy. Unfortunately Australia is a little gu so Ford does not care about exporting here.
I am the director of a company and for many years would only Japanese or German made car due to mechanical problems we have had with other brands. After the good write up with the fiesta I decided to buy one for my daughter and if there were no problems then perhaps review my rigid policy re company cars. With the new tax incentives I have just expanded our company fleet. Of the twenty cars we bought not one is a ford. I am still interested to see how the zetec goes but I doubt I would buy another fordl
lost sangroper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2009, 07:27 PM   #11
Candyman2
Zetec 09 5 DR in Vision

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost sangroper
Ford is losing market share because of their policies and attitude. A customer service manual says look after the little guy because they may become big guys in the future and many little guys can make you just as much money as one big guy. Unfortunately Australia is a little gu so Ford does not care about exporting here.
I am the director of a company and for many years would only Japanese or German made car due to mechanical problems we have had with other brands. After the good write up with the fiesta I decided to buy one for my daughter and if there were no problems then perhaps review my rigid policy re company cars. With the new tax incentives I have just expanded our company fleet. Of the twenty cars we bought not one is a ford. I am still interested to see how the zetec goes but I doubt I would buy another fordl
Huh ?

Ford has gained market share. The Fiesta has broken sales records.

Demand has outstripped supply. Same happened with the GTI and other class leading vehicles.

Australia would have had an alloted number of vehicles. The whole "big guy"/"little guy" argument is ridiculous.

I do feel for all those that have had to wait.

We run plenty of Fords in our fleet (which numbers a few hundred). They are a much better fleet option than Japanese vehicles, for various reasons.
Old 10-05-2009, 08:57 PM   #12
Ben85

[QUOTE=Candyman2]
I do feel for all those that have had to wait.

[QUOTE]

For some reason i dont think its the wait thats the problem, if you want a car badly enough you wait for it as i had to (4months). Its the that you get from the dealerships!!! They tell you one thing then another thing. If they told you straight up its gonna be 10weeks, +- a week, atleast you know. But when you are told 5weeks and its 10 thats when its a bit beyond a joke.

Interior:- MOMO Blue Leather Gear Knob, Window tint, Scuff Plates, ST Black & Blue Leather seats, Soundstream Amp & 5x7 speakers, Sony Headunit, Pioneer sub & Amp.

Under the Hood:- Superchips ECU Flash Tune, Denso Iridium plugs, KV85 Magnecor Leads, BMC CDA Induction.

Exterior:- Spoiler, clear side repeaters, Lowered (35mm) King Springs, Whiteline 22mm Rear sway bar, 2" cat back exhaust with a dual conversion, Konig 17" Hotswap with Kumho Rubber, HID's.
Ben85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2009, 10:01 AM   #13
barra240t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The dates on this thread are correct.

If any one is interested please let me know.

This is why I put this thread up.
Old 12-05-2009, 02:52 AM   #14
lost sangroper
Starter Motor

Ford has gained market share. The Fiesta has broken sales records.

Fiesta has gained market share in australia? When they can't supply them??

April Vehicle - Sales
1. Holden Commodore - 3177
2. Toyota HiLux - 2632
3. Mazda 3 - 2503
4. Toyota Corolla - 2385
5. Ford Falcon - 2228
6. Hyundai i30 - 1491

Ford fiesta is not on the list of the top 10. Mazda 2 is moderately high on the lsit of popular sales.

Ford has brought out a good car but underestimated its success and thus does not have the production or the supply. Another mistake they are making is miscalculating their distribution and supply needs later in the year. They could have trouble when they can start supplying Australia because in July Hyundai is bringing out its i20 which is about $6,000 less and with the same features as the zetec. It has been designed to be a serious competitor even if it is not made as well made. Another problem with bringing in the main body of cars so late is that by that time some of the companies that bring out reports for car of the year if they use user feedback in their selection, such as the NRMA another car may be chosen when the fiesta may be actually a better car. These reports do affect sales.

When I began working Holden then Ford were the two big car companies with the falcon and what was equivalent to the commodore the top models. They were supported by government and company contracts because they had plants here. Today Toyota has market share because it has built good after sales service and a reliable although sometimes boring car. Ford has let itself down with its service.

Top Australian Vehicles April 2009

Manufacturer - Monthly Sales, March April - YTD Sales

1. Toyota - 16,608 13033 57342
2. Holden - 9,188 7829 34808
3. Ford - 7,570 6836 27822
4. Mazda - 6,116 5121 24,145

point of interest April 2009, Cars to increase market share with sales growth in Australia were Hyundai Alfa Romeo, Audi, Dodge, Fiat, Jaguar and Skoda. Their share of the market other than Hyundai is quite low. Hyundai is number 6 and has sold over 14,000 cars in Australia this year.
lost sangroper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2009, 07:36 AM   #15
Candyman2
Zetec 09 5 DR in Vision

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost sangroper

Fiesta has gained market share in australia? When they can't supply them??
Europe ....

Read the thread.
Old 12-05-2009, 07:58 AM   #16
Candyman2
Zetec 09 5 DR in Vision

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyman2
Europe ....

Read the threads.
One production plant supplying the various markets.

Surprisingly, Australia isn't the only market ...
:
Old 12-05-2009, 07:59 AM   #17
Candyman2
Zetec 09 5 DR in Vision

Quote:
The dates on this thread are correct.

If any one is interested please let me know.

This is why I put this thread up.
Good on ya mate and sorry for the thread hijack ;)

Hopefully you can satisfy the need of some of the buyers waiting.
Old 14-05-2009, 11:53 AM   #18
barra240t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

No worries, I can understand peoples frustrations. I am just trying to help!
Old 29-05-2009, 03:44 PM   #19
barra240t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hi guys,

Our 3dr Hatch manual Zetec in white has been pushed forward and I will see it in 10 working days. Let me know if you are interested.
Old 29-05-2009, 07:28 PM   #20
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Nathan, I am looking at a whole range off small cars for the wife's new business.... In the Ford range we are interested in either off these two..
July- Fiesta Zetec 5dr Hatch manual- Vision...
July- Fiesta Zetec 5dr Hatch auto- Black...

The wife is not sure if she would like a Manual or Auto yet, but we both like the Vision and black on the Zetec..

The new car is for the wife, and it will hinge on her decission.. Can you PM a price or your direct contact number...

Matt

Tuned by Elite Automotive

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
jabba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2009, 12:49 PM   #21
barra240t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Hi guys,

Our 3dr Hatch manual Zetec in white has been pushed forward and I will see it in 10 working days. Let me know if you are interested.
Still available

ETA: 11/06/09

Yes that date is correct, it is on a truck as we speak to Brisbane depot.
Old 15-06-2009, 05:28 PM   #22
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just bought the 3-Door Zetec in white!!! I'm pumped. It'll look awesome next to my current White Zetec. Hopefully pick it up Friday. Thanks very much barra240t. Good price, good service, your dealership is one of the few Ford dealerships that should be allowed to keep their licence.
dannyhilton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2009, 11:38 AM   #23
barra240t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapidTyphoon
Just bought the 3-Door Zetec in white!!! I'm pumped. It'll look awesome next to my current White Zetec. Hopefully pick it up Friday. Thanks very much barra240t. Good price, good service, your dealership is one of the few Ford dealerships that should be allowed to keep their licence.
Hey Rapid,

Sorry I have been on holidays! Awesome, I just found out you bought the car! Well done, it does look great in white. Glad you are happy with the purchase!
Old 18-06-2009, 06:11 PM   #24
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Got pictures of the white one?
greenfoam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2009, 08:48 PM   #25
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have a few the dealer sent me but I'll upload some better quality ones tomorrow. Very excited!
dannyhilton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2009, 03:01 PM   #26
oldsoftboss

Whats involved in getting one of the July arrivals into Victoria?
oldsoftboss is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2009, 08:40 PM   #27
barra240t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsoftboss
Whats involved in getting one of the July arrivals into Victoria?
We can do it, the only thing is a freight cost is involved, unless you want to come pick the vehicle up and get a permit and drive it back to VIC. Let us know if you want to know more.
Old 20-06-2009, 09:07 PM   #28
oldsoftboss

We have ordered one locally (mid May) and still have no indication of a delivery date. The closest we get is July or August, thats it. Does that sound right?
Old 21-06-2009, 07:06 PM   #29
barra240t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsoftboss
We have ordered one locally (mid May) and still have no indication of a delivery date. The closest we get is July or August, thats it. Does that sound right?
Depending on what the build month is on the vehicle, should give a good idea on arrival. e.g if it is a June build, they seem to be arriving a month later in July. There were a few that were May build's but were pushed out to July/Aug, but this is pretty rare.
Old 21-06-2009, 07:38 PM   #30
oldsoftboss

We were told that orders are done at the start of the month (WTF), so I presume it's a June build (if it has even been started).

How would I find out what build it would be?

When I'm out there next I will ask for the SIDO number.

PS. We ordered a Zetec if that makes any difference.
Dave