Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Laser and Telstar

Old 09-08-2015, 02:29 PM   #1
bionic2006xr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default WTB KH TX3 Turbo 4WD Laser

Hi guys my farther is currently on the look out for a KH TX3 Turbo 4WD. This may be a long shot but he doesn't want heaps of airbrushing or racing seats just a good honest car with the original engine and close to factory specification as possible. We are in SA but will travel for the right car.

Cheers Ryan
bionic2006xr6t is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2015, 09:39 AM   #2
dirty hands
Over Thinker

Default Re: WTB KH TX3 Turbo 4WD Laser

lots of KH turbo ads - just parts

still looking for a complete KH ..not so easy

Last edited by dirty hands; 15-08-2015 at 09:52 AM.
dirty hands is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2015, 01:12 AM   #3
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

I was looking at one point as well (KF or KH) .... and was rare to find anything ... and if I did ... it was butchered. Good luck in your search.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2015, 01:29 PM   #4
bionic2006xr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechan1k View Post
I was looking at one point as well (KF or KH) .... and was rare to find anything ... and if I did ... it was butchered. Good luck in your search.
We bought an early KH from country Victoria. It has been played with a little but it still has the original motor unlike allot of others we have looked at. On the hunt still for a KH2 still but going to be pretty fussy with that one. They should come out the woodwork now we have one under our belt. I missed out on an all original KH2 4WD some time ago in NSW's one owner who had died and the car had sat in his parents shed for the last 15 years. 60,000km all original including tires. Apparently went to a collector in Queensland!

Cheers Ryan
This user likes this post:
Old 16-08-2015, 07:33 PM   #5
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Damn ... that sounds like a barn find indeed. So low that kays.

My Mother had a Manual KF GHIA... with whiteline mods .... similar go to the TX3 N/As ... just velour interior ... great car ... went on forever and drove so well. I keep looking as well ... and they are so hard to find (especially a manual GHIA as well). She had done 140,000 in 14 years of ownership ... only did an ignition module in that entire time (rest was normal maintenance).
Old 17-08-2015, 12:56 AM   #6
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

I know it says KF ... but the tailgate and wing look like KH ... not KF
No front shots to show headlights/grille though.

KF TX3 used GHIA rear garnish with the red TX3 badging though.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/d...-2919235/?Cr=1
Old 17-08-2015, 01:01 AM   #7
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Hahahahha ... found something similar to what I learnt to drive on ... same colour as well (Rich Plum) ... manual as well in a GHIA.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/d...-3444719/?Cr=5

Although ... this is what I learnt to drive in.

Last edited by Mechan1k; 17-08-2015 at 01:11 AM.
Old 17-08-2015, 11:37 AM   #8
bionic2006xr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechan1k View Post
I know it says KF ... but the tailgate and wing look like KH ... not KF
No front shots to show headlights/grille though.

KF TX3 used GHIA rear garnish with the red TX3 badging though.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/d...-2919235/?Cr=1
Yes looks allot more like a KH than KF. I have looked at that one allot but we payed under half that for ours. KH's ran from October 91 to October 92 and KH2's ran all the was to 94. I would love to know sales figures.

Cheers Ryan
Old 17-08-2015, 02:12 PM   #9
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Damn. Half that price was a bargain indeed
Old 21-08-2015, 03:39 AM   #10
bionic2006xr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hi guys just wish to let you know that we bought not one KH TX3 AWD but 2 they are far from perfect and we are hoping to build one good one from the 2. Only time will tell as they arrive next week from interstate.

Cheers Ryan
3 users like this post:
Old 21-08-2015, 07:09 AM   #11
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Keep us up to date with the build
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-08-2015, 07:17 AM   #12
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

You are a mad dog Ryan!

I love it

A mate had one back in the early 90s...white with white rims. Loved it.
gcg2503 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post