Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 20-10-2019, 10:33 AM   #151
Paynie
Starter Motor

Default Re: Beware importing a car from the US

And you won’t, He has until Tuesday to give me my car otherwise my lawyer starts legals against him and he’s not worried. I’m going to have an interview with the ATO next week, if they find something he’s screwed, might just do a story in the Hobart Mercury as well. Lots of people in Tassie import cars.
Paynie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2019, 07:39 PM   #152
Paynie
Starter Motor

I was informed today that my car and personal possessions has been moved to Brisbane. Yep guys they are going to get your stuff valued and ready for auction, the hold Dazmac have on your stuff runs out on the 20th of November and I recon by then they will already have people waiting to take YOUR cars. In the old days you could deal with thieves your own way now they hide behind it’s just business.
Old 21-10-2019, 07:47 PM   #153
augo
Starter Motor

From what I've heard from Daryl at Dazmac is the storage fees in Melbourne are very expensive. They spoke about moving them to Brisbane for "long term" storage. The whole situation sux!
augo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2019, 08:23 PM   #154
Paynie
Starter Motor

Well guys how about we get together and try to get this on national television, it will bring to light just who is telling the real story, why should we be the losers when it’s not us that has stolen anything. If these guys think they are in the right they won’t mind the publicity.
Old 22-10-2019, 12:20 PM   #155
Hemihunter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

how many people in total on this forum are affected ?

This is beyond belief that your all being held to Ransom.
Hemihunter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2019, 02:10 PM   #156
Maxter
Starter Motor

Any updates, are people starting to get their stuff back?
It was a sorry state a few weeks back.
As mentioned in earlier posts I got my van and parts alebit 9 months late and extra costly. Exhaust also damaged .
M
Maxter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2019, 03:23 PM   #157
berntd
Starter Motor

No real update from my side. Phil told me he was working on a solution. That was more than 1 week ago.
berntd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2019, 03:24 PM   #158
Hemihunter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

his solution would be to pay the invoice.
3 users like this post:
Old 07-11-2019, 03:12 PM   #159
viclalio
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by berntd
No real update from my side. Phil told me he was working on a solution. That was more than 1 week ago.
Hello to all involved in this horrible matter.
This is the first time i am using this Forum and am so grateful that we can all communicate and share our experiences.
We too are caught up in this nightmare with US2AUS !
Can I please have who ever is involved to inbox me please.
Lets pray that US2AUS can save this situation and have some compassion and do the right thing.
In the meantime we are talking with our Lawyers.
viclalio is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 08-11-2019, 01:07 PM   #160
viclalio
Starter Motor

The reality to all this is we are being taken advantage of!
THEY ARE ROBBING PETER TO PAY PAUL....SERIOUSLY
Why couldn't we have been informed from day one!
pay whatever it was to get our cars out of the containers.Each and everyone of us to look after our own.But instead its left to accumulate more expenses.
Old 08-11-2019, 01:18 PM   #161
berntd
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by viclalio View Post
The reality to all this is we are being taken advantage of!
THEY ARE ROBBING PETER TO PAY PAUL....SERIOUSLY
Why couldn't we have been informed from day one!
pay whatever it was to get our cars out of the containers.Each and everyone of us to look after our own.But instead its left to accumulate more expenses.
Is is more complex than that I believe. However, in essence you are correct.
Old 09-11-2019, 08:41 PM   #162
Frostymopar
Starter Motor

Just joined the forums.
My usatoaus order allegedly arrived in Melbourne port on 10th may.
They don't answer the phone or email enquiries.
I am beginning to doubt I will ever receive my item.
Frostymopar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2019, 11:06 PM   #163
berntd
Starter Motor

The hear say is that this all came about because someone did not want to pay the astronomical bill for fumigating and cleaning their low value vehicle and decided to just leave it. Does anyone know more about that perhaps?
Old 10-11-2019, 04:15 AM   #164
Frostymopar
Starter Motor

If there is some legitimate/honest reason everyone's freight has been tied up for the last 6 months, they're not telling us about it.

I can tolerate delays, we all know about setbacks being a normal part of life in the car world. But the complete lack of communication or transparency on their part is a big red flag that something is wrong.

Put it this way. It's been 4-5 months since I was able to actually get someone at usatoaus to answer the phone, however he couldn't check anything for me because the power was out..

Maybe they didn't pay the power bill either.
Frostymopar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2019, 10:52 AM   #165
Bill M
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by berntd View Post
The hear say is that this all came about because someone did not want to pay the astronomical bill for fumigating and cleaning their low value vehicle and decided to just leave it. Does anyone know more about that perhaps?
That is wrong. This pattern of behavior has been going for years. It is their business model.
Old 10-11-2019, 12:21 PM   #166
papito
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by berntd View Post
This is not the case, truck owner is a customer of USAtoAUS just as we all are.

Long story short - It's due to a process issue, and yes it has to do with cleaning and process etc. Truck owner paid for a service not a head ache.

The truck owner is not the cause of this issue as he is also a victim to this matter and also cant get his Truck that he so much wants just as we all want our stuff.

The process of cleaning was not performed or only partially performed is what has been communicated and debated at length to date.

This should not of occurred at the end of the day as we\he payed for a service to USATOAUS and USATOAUS pay some one else .

The Truck should not of been shipped dirty or just minimum time spent allowed as per process to clean as It did not meet standards. Why was this Missed and moved on ?

Go figure right - now its the issue of the Truck owner - I don't think so here guys. He paid for a service for which he has also payed in full every Cent requested to date correctly.

He should have been communicated that His truck would require additional cleaning not just loaded up and send away.

A - Process issue for allowable cleaning and extra cleaning that should have been performed and communicated from end to end to allow the customer to make an informed decision when the item was back on US SOIL for which his Cleaning would not have been quoted at 6-8 K as he has been to date here in Australia.

This is not fare on Him nor is it acceptable that he has been made out to be the one who caused this National Issue. SYD\MEL\BRIS.

Was this communicated at all to USATOAUS etc etc etc - its history now we are in the thick of it and No its not the Truck guys fault.

B - USATOAUS - current process to enter goods into the country. One bill of house Vs one per entry is an issue. Loop hole yes and a very well known one to the industry and those he operates directly with.

C - If he had one per Item we would have had our stuff each and every one of us a long time ago.

D - USATOAUS went all MIA on customers since May thru to end Of Sept when they arrived back and more so to date.

E - We all paid for a service to USATOAUS, who they operate to get goods from A to B. The journey Along the way is for them to resolve on our part hence why we payed for a service from end to end.

F - This is a Business to Business issue that unfortunately has gotten way out of Hand that has multiple business in the mix to get the goods here.

G - Now it's moved onto a Financial situation by the looks of things for USATOAUS additionally as a Process Cleaning Dispute and Business are pulling out Terms and conditions and late feee's etc etc etc on each other.

H- The customer's to USATOAUS are in the middle of a Business Dispute is the reason why we are in this mess and poor process and operations conducted here. No one party alone is to blame here is the way I see it.
papito is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 10-11-2019, 01:25 PM   #167
papito
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill M View Post
That is wrong. This pattern of behavior has been going for years. It is their business model.
It sure a nasty pattern and you don't need to dig very hard to find further Victims on other sites.

Not a Good sign as it demonstrates financial situation on USATOAUS behalf.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/bew...ewell.1139091/
Old 10-11-2019, 01:28 PM   #168
ossietim
Starter Motor

I always had my cars cleaned professionally BEFORE I got them sent to or picked up .We all know how anal quarantine is here in Australia . The Truck owner is naive or stupid if he relies on a shipping company to do a professional clean.
ossietim is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2019, 01:47 PM   #169
papito
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossietim View Post
I always had my cars cleaned professionally BEFORE I got them sent to or picked up .We all know how anal quarantine is here in Australia . The Truck owner is naive or stupid if he relies on a shipping company to do a professional clean.
The process below to USATOAUS is what our TC's. I guess if you wish to do further cleaning and if that's what you are referring to then all good.

Below is the service they offer - I don't see that he did anything wrong.

We move vehicles from country to country. Here is an outline of the process.
Complete our booking form so we can supply you with an up-to-date shipping quote.

Confirm that the details on the quote are correct and the price is acceptable.

Send payment via your preferred method.

Once payment is confirmed we will arrange to collect the vehicle.

Vehicle will be transported to our packing facilities and be cleaned and prepared for shipping in the next container.

We will arrange for the container to clear Customs and be inspected. Depending on the country your vehicle is landing in some or all of the charges will be covered under the "shipping" cost. You will be informed as to what is covered and what is not up front.

After the vehicle is cleared and unpacked we will arrange for it to be shipped or collected from our facilities. We will also supply all the correct paperwork for you to arrange for title and registration of the vehicle.

You will be notified along the way as each step happens. " I hope your also Read this "
Old 10-11-2019, 01:57 PM   #170
ossietim
Starter Motor

Quarantine is outside of any shipping companies control ,regardless . If they (quarantine) want too flag anything they can (at owners expense ). Trucks can cost $1000’s to clean .
Do be foolish get your vehicle cleaned professionally !
ossietim is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2019, 05:47 PM   #171
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Quarantine is outside of any shipping companies control ,regardless .
why/how and if so then why do we need them as this is one of the main points in shipping
Quote:
If they (quarantine) want too flag anything they can (at owners expense ). Trucks can cost $1000’s to clean .
Do be foolish get your vehicle cleaned professionally !
sorry as one thats worked bringing containers in off W.A.s wharf ive never seen this unless there is reason where the container and equipment has not been satisfactorily cleaned prier to entry , otherwise at no extra cost they just come and look inside the open container to confirm it meets entry standards
and even then a check is done in a short period and the cleaning process/fumigation a few days not months on end
hell i have even carted the equipment to do a full ship quarantine/fumigation where the equipment was loaded on to the ship and then the ship returned to freo's gauge roads for stacking and fumigation before re entering

rebuilding the zh fairlane with a clevo 400m 4v heads injected whipple blown with aode 4 speed trans to a 9" ....... we'll get there eventually

just remember don't be afraid to try something new.
Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic!

I have taken up meditation... at least it's better than sitting around doing nothing !!
wodahs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2019, 07:09 AM   #172
Hemihunter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Everyone knows, they will charge a cleaning fee at this end, its easy money.
Old 15-11-2019, 09:02 PM   #173
viclalio
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paynie View Post
And you won’t, He has until Tuesday to give me my car otherwise my lawyer starts legals against him and he’s not worried. I’m going to have an interview with the ATO next week, if they find something he’s screwed, might just do a story in the Hobart Mercury as well. Lots of people in Tassie import cars.

How are you going with your situation?
Have you heard from them yet?
Old 19-11-2019, 05:57 PM   #174
Dodge
i like to be stroked

got a transmission sent from them last year , never again , worst company ever . lucky for me one couple in my car club moves containers for this dodgy **** and they put the hard word in for me , still after lots of bull**** from them i picked it up form a boat storage area in yatala , he said phil owes him lots of money in storage fees
Old 24-11-2019, 12:36 PM   #175
LUV DE COUPE

Just a quick question , an imported left hand drive vehicle now on club rego in QLD would it there be any issue transferring to rego in NSW. Or once registered in aus it would be the same as any other registered vehicle.
Thanks
LUV DE COUPE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-11-2019, 01:00 PM   #176
berntd
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUV DE COUPE View Post
Just a quick question , an imported left hand drive vehicle now on club rego in QLD would it there be any issue transferring to rego in NSW. Or once registered in aus it would be the same as any other registered vehicle.
Thanks
Suggest you start a new thread for that topic since this here is very specific.
2 users like this post:
Old 24-11-2019, 01:32 PM   #177
LUV DE COUPE

Thanks
LUV DE COUPE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2019, 04:19 PM   #178
Baz 150
Starter Motor

Hi Everyone. This is my first time. Still a newby @ 64. In a bit of shock at the moment. Yes, It looks like I might be in a spot of bother with the Newells as well. I have met them and thought Phil seemed to be ok. I had a couple of items delivered by them last year with a small amount of mucking around but eventually picked them up at Yatala. Anyway about 9 weeks ago I called their number and spoke to Phil and told him that I was buying a couple more things for my truck, would it be ok to send them to their depot. He said yes no problem so I had them sent to their depot in Compton.La. I checked the website about a week after I new that the items had been delivered and signed for to see if it had been updated from west to shipped. I managed to get on to Phil again on the phone after they had my items for about 5 weeks and he said he would look into it and get back to me. Nothing happened so I have emailed them and still no response.I have about $3,000 worth of stuff some where. Does anybody know what the hell is going on for sure.
Baz 150 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2019, 05:36 PM   #179
berntd
Starter Motor

TO EVERYONE FOLLOWING THIS SAGA

At this stage, I can say that a resolution was found about 3 weeks ago between the Dazmac depot and USA2AUS, Phil Newell.

The result was that all goods were released and united with their owners.
At least the Sydney people have their cars and stuff.

Whilst this has been a total nightmare, I do want to say that Phil came through in the end.
He could have turned the phones off and disappeared or declared bankruptcy.
He did not though.
This could have ended so much worse for all of us...

A great sigh of relief!!!
Old 16-12-2019, 06:05 PM   #180
Paynie
Starter Motor

Well I’m glad that some have got their stuff, was informed by Dazmac today that Phill hasn’t paid and is probably of going to so if I want my Firebird I have to pay for it. I already paid for it and I’m not going to again. I thought stealing was a crime.