Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 21-08-2010, 06:17 PM   #1
allanv6gt
Tippy-tronic Free Zone

Default Audio & I-Pod Nano Integration

Been playing with my I-Pod Nano. It is recognised when connected via USB, and the car displays the correct song title, but no sound comes out (even when it is full volume before connection. Music plays fine when connected via Aux-In. Swapping I-Pod Nano's and USB cables makes no difference - consistent lack of sound.
My Sony Walkman via USB plays ok (song title + sound). Just don't get the full range of I-pod like funcationality.

Suggestions?

allanv6gt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-08-2010, 06:18 PM   #2
allanv6gt
Tippy-tronic Free Zone

Forgot to mention....
MB model with Sony stereo.......only 4wks old today.
Old 22-08-2010, 12:59 AM   #3
NevC
Red Back Ute

Had same thing with sons Creative ZEN. Ford said iPod/ZEN type players should be run through aux in. They thought there are different USB internal plug configurations that were the cause.
They also pointed out the handbook says USB can charge iPods/ZEN etc, but makes no mention of playing music this way.
BF XR6 Ute, July 2006 build, Seduce, Sports Bars, F6 CAI with K&N Filter, Turbo Upper Snorkel and Terri Air Pipe, Custom Cat Back Exhaust, 3.23 LSD, Lower Grille, Auto Glass, Bluetooth, iPod interface, Tie Downs, Analogue Clock, LED Mods

Hers 2011 SV6 Sports wagon, she has crossed to the dark side of the force.
NevC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2010, 10:02 AM   #4
allanv6gt
Tippy-tronic Free Zone

NevC...Thanks, Plug config differences would explain the partial integration behaviour.
Sounds like a good excuse to get an I-Phone4 with bluetooth.
Old 22-08-2010, 11:31 PM   #5
marcusturbo

I've got an iPod Nano as well and mine works fine, control and sound. I have the iPod connected through USB & Aux inputs.
Old 23-08-2010, 09:56 AM   #6
RicOz

Make sure you have iPod through USB and Aux-In. Also put the volume of your iPod to max before you plug it in.
Old 23-08-2010, 12:20 PM   #7
pac1977
Starter Motor

As marcusturbo & RicOz have said you need to make sure that you have both USB and AUX connected. Ford sell a cable for this but charge something like $50+, my advice just use a normal IPOD cable and a $8 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable from K-mart.
pac1977 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2010, 09:08 PM   #8
allanv6gt
Tippy-tronic Free Zone

Both ? Que?
Thanks for the enlightenment.
I'll find myself a short 3.5-3.5 stereo cable.
Old 19-09-2010, 09:04 PM   #9
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by allanv6gt
NevC...Thanks, Plug config differences would explain the partial integration behaviour.
Sounds like a good excuse to get an I-Phone4 with bluetooth.
Wifie has I-phone 4, Bluetooth integration is okay, but its an earlier revision and doesn't offer full control, when compared to say a Nissan Micra which bears BT Revision 1,2.

Get the Ford cables, about $56 or so.
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post