Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 16-11-2009, 04:56 PM   #1
whoisit
Starter Motor

Question Auto Lock in MA Zetec

Hi Folks,I have a 08 MA Zetec and was wondering if anyone here with the same model have activated the auto lock (anti-hijack) feature. I have been to the dealer twice for this. The first time they could not do it as they had to upgrade the IDS and today I went in again. After hooking up to the IDS it is not giving them the option.They reckon it is not available for this model.Anyone in Sydney with MA Zetec got theirs done? If so where? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

whoisit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2009, 08:47 PM   #2
Dusty1
Giddy up!

I've got an Oct 07 build and have it done. There is a thread on here about it and how we got it done. Also check out the Euro forum, they have heaps of info on it.
Dealers are lazy. Search for the thread here for autolocking.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2009, 10:01 PM   #3
whoisit
Starter Motor

Thanks Dusty.. I did search but cannot find anyone with a MA Zetec having had this done. Yourselves and a few others have TDCi and XR5 etc., but no Zetecs.. The dealer is saying that it is the Zetec that does not have this option which I doubt(??) : Anyway I will search the Euro Forums and try again here as well. BTW I see you are in Melbourne. If someone from Sydney advises where they got it done from may be I can get it done from there. Thanks Again mate..
Old 16-11-2009, 10:35 PM   #4
whoisit
Starter Motor

Ok.. An update. Just been through the Euro forums and apparently Ford have disabled this feature in the IDS since Oct 09. The reason being they were not confident that the doors would unlock in a crash scenario there by making it more difficult for any rescue op. I can understand where they are coming from but loads of other cars have this feature and are designed to unlock doors on impact or when airbags are deployed and as per the Euro forums so does the Mondeo. Ford are doing this to limit their liability.. Looks like I need to find a dealer with an older version of IDS.
See it here http://www.fordmondeo.org/forum/show...hp?tid/819063/
Old 17-11-2009, 08:20 AM   #5
Dusty1
Giddy up!

If they have that is a stupid thing.
My BA Futura had a button on the console that locked all doors, and was handy. The Mondeo doesn't and the only way to lock the doors is to use the lock on the door.
I believe that some have had the IDS altered to change the opening of the doors (i.e. one click driver's, two clicks all), so who knows.
The Australian dealers still know little about the Mondeo and the IDS. Looks like you only choice is to get a dealer with an older IDS.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post