Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 26-06-2018, 04:19 PM   #61
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Default Re: Volkswagen AG and Ford Motor Company have signed a memorandum of understanding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
Yes..
And bigger ? Oh that's right Ford don't make anything bigger outside the US and Brazil.
Just thinking, a VW alliance could help them reintroduce something in the Ford Euro Cargo, Ford Transcontinental HD market. It wouldn't be the first time Ford trucks used a German built platform.
VW HD range could allow Ford (EU) to rebadge something along the lines of these 2016 Brazilian built Cargo's in which VW already have a market in Europe unlike Ford.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2018, 05:55 PM   #62
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 
Default Re: Volkswagen AG and Ford Motor Company have signed a memorandum of understanding.

LOL at people thinking VW will do wonderful things for Ford,

I bet VW is doing this because it will save a ton of money by not developing its
own commercial vehicles. It is Ford and their plans that look attractive to VW
allowing them to save billion they no longer have thanks to dieselgate.

Why build your own when someone else has exactly what you want
at a fraction of the development cost.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 26-06-2018, 06:34 PM   #63
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post

I bet VW is doing this because it will save a ton of money by not developing its

I like your thinking JDP, Ford have the best commercial vehicles in a number of segments.

I think this may be as a result dieselgate too !
Fordman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 26-06-2018, 07:08 PM   #64
Junkyard-Dog
*barks incessantly

I don't know if it's just a lemon but my parents have a 2009 VW Transporter with about 200,000km that leaks massive amounts of oil and trans fluid. Other than that, it's a nice van.
Junkyard-Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2018, 08:49 PM   #65
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordman1 View Post
I like your thinking JDP, Ford have the best commercial vehicles in a number of segments.

I think this may be as a result dieselgate too !
I get the feeling that dieselgate really wounded VW badly, especially with funding
future product cycles across all of its brands and models and that something had to give.
It makes sense to "economise" on front end costs with commercial vehicles since most
fleet buyers probably prefer commonality of parts to lower costs to them as well.

I have a good feeling about this and hope we will hear more details on exactly what
products will be shared and where they will be built.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2018, 02:52 PM   #66
mick taylor
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post

That is what the whole world is doing nowadays to compete.
mick taylor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: