Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 13-05-2020, 05:51 AM   #61
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: Sales figures - April 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
Please don't think im directing this at you buggerlugs, but I don't even entertain emails or text messages when im trying to sell something these days, too many dreamers who'll hassle you from behind a keyboard and never show up.
I usually include in the ad, no emails or texts, just good old fashioned phone calls
I reckon if people are serious you'd just pick up the phone and ask...like we did in the old days.
I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't respond.

On the flip side, I was looking for some parts recently and found an ad which specifically asked for message replies, sent them a message enquiring if they had what I wanted, confirmed the parts and price, asked for address and time to pick up...crickets
Never heard a word for 4 days then get a message back asking if im still interested.
I'm the opposite, no phone calls - text and email only.

Mostly because both my phones are always on silent and I generally don't answer them during work hours.

Also paper trails, same with work I've encouraged that our customers order by online or email. I'm also going to move to a model that over the counter sales will be paying 20% more if you turn up in person once our ecommerce system goes live.

Insisted on buying our Colorado by email for work but the Gronk kept insisting on phone calls then I had to travel backwards and forwards between work and the dealership THREE TIMES to stand in front of some flog with the front of his shirt untucked while he looked for paperwork on his desk and wondered around confused while no one else knew what was going on.

Then it took weeks to predeliver it.

I've got a great idea, we'll EFT transfer the cash, you tuck your shirt in and drive our car 15km down the freeway to our warehouse within the week you ****ing moron (not you, him).

The quicker we move away from physical dealerships, car salespeople and you can build online, pay for them via EFT or CC and it rocks up to your home on a truck within the week the better.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 13-05-2020 at 06:07 AM.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 13-05-2020, 09:07 AM   #62
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
I'm the opposite, no phone calls - text and email only.

Mostly because both my phones are always on silent and I generally don't answer them during work hours.

Also paper trails, same with work I've encouraged that our customers order by online or email. I'm also going to move to a model that over the counter sales will be paying 20% more if you turn up in person once our ecommerce system goes live.

Insisted on buying our Colorado by email for work but the Gronk kept insisting on phone calls then I had to travel backwards and forwards between work and the dealership THREE TIMES to stand in front of some flog with the front of his shirt untucked while he looked for paperwork on his desk and wondered around confused while no one else knew what was going on.

Then it took weeks to predeliver it.

I've got a great idea, we'll EFT transfer the cash, you tuck your shirt in and drive our car 15km down the freeway to our warehouse within the week you ****ing moron (not you, him).

The quicker we move away from physical dealerships, car salespeople and you can build online, pay for them via EFT or CC and it rocks up to your home on a truck within the week the better.
Agree. I hate dealing with salesman. Don't want to listen to there dribble either. Give me a price, we either do the deal or we don't..........
4 users like this post:
Old 13-05-2020, 09:31 AM   #63
PG2
#neuteredlyfe
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
Please don't think im directing this at you buggerlugs, but I don't even entertain emails or text messages when im trying to sell something these days, too many dreamers who'll hassle you from behind a keyboard and never show up.
I usually include in the ad, no emails or texts, just good old fashioned phone calls
I reckon if people are serious you'd just pick up the phone and ask...like we did in the old days.
I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't respond.

On the flip side, I was looking for some parts recently and found an ad which specifically asked for message replies, sent them a message enquiring if they had what I wanted, confirmed the parts and price, asked for address and time to pick up...crickets
Never heard a word for 4 days then get a message back asking if im still interested.
I'm the same. While I will accept the initial contact as an email I want to talk to them before I give out my address or anything similar.

I am always negotiable on anything I sell but will not negotiate until you are standing in front of me, no exceptions, if that loses me a sale then so be it.

I also love the crickets when someone is selling something too. Generally if you haven't got back to me within 12 hours I lose interest.
PG2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 13-05-2020, 10:12 AM   #64
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggerlugs View Post
Contacted 4 different dealers via e mail to buy a new Twin Cab ute. Not 1 reply. They must be doing it tough .........................
Did you send your email to a general email address for the dealership or to specific people.
I'm receiving so much spam, attempts at fraud, no doc 24 hr approved loans, offers for e-marketing and website creation I hardly look at them...
I'd suggest making a call, getting a specific email address for a sales member and then emailing.

Last edited by Dr Smith; 13-05-2020 at 10:21 AM.
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2020, 10:20 AM   #65
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Are you going to offer free delivery or also charge for delivery seeing you'll penalise customers for collecting
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2020, 11:08 AM   #66
Poetic Justice
NOT A TOYOTA :/

Quote:
Agree. I hate dealing with salesman. Don't want to listen to there dribble either. Give me a price, we either do the deal or we don't..........
And unfortunately the people who pay salesmans salaries don't want to work the way you want to because competition is fierce offering up a quick price usually just provides the buyer with a shopping ticket to buy elsewhere.

If you'd start the conversation with a phone call explaining everything and perhaps allowing both parties to build a rapport you'd be surprised at how much easier it becomes.

I respect that there's some douchebags employed by dealerships out there that make this not as easy I intend to make it sound but I like to think that the greater sales industry is not all that bad.

But what would I know?
Old 13-05-2020, 11:25 AM   #67
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDManual View Post

Top 10 cars sold in April 2020

Toyota HiLux: 2339, down 35.4 per cent
Toyota RAV4: 1911, up 54.4 per cent
Ford Ranger: 1540, down 48.8 per cent
Toyota Corolla: 1195, down 50.8 per cent
Toyota Prado: 947, down 35.7 per cent
Toyota LandCruiser 200 Series: 924, down 21.5 per cent
Kia Cerato: 860, down 47.9 per cent
Holden Colorado: 854, down 31.7 per cent
Isuzu D-Max: 760, down 43.8 per cent
Hyundai i30: 695, down 63.6 per cent
Nearly 1000 sales of the LC200 and only dropping just over 20% of sales. Wow, hats off to you Toyota. I guess they could be just mostly povvo spec mine vehicles that are sold on a consignment basis and given mining hasn't slowed up that much it could explain the relatively small drop in sales compared to a lot of other models.
Old 13-05-2020, 12:20 PM   #68
hayseed

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG2 View Post

I am always negotiable on anything I sell but will not negotiate until you are standing in front of me, no exceptions, if that loses me a sale then so be it.

Me Too....
hayseed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2020, 12:36 PM   #69
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

My last 2 new car purchase's done in 2018.
One company car one for the wife.
As we would do we do our research etcetc, we know what we want + extras etcetc and pricing we all do our shopping but get a good idea.
Those 2 purchase's were done for my first time through a Broker.
Couldn't believe how good and easy it was.
Maybe I got a good Broker much like the lottery of getting a good Dealer Salesmen but I tell you was brilliant, also both cars delivered, one to my office the other to my home.
Wife got full demo instruction of her car. mobile loaded in etc.....
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2020, 01:42 PM   #70
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey
Nearly 1000 sales of the LC200 and only dropping just over 20% of sales. Wow, hats off to you Toyota. I guess they could be just mostly povvo spec mine vehicles that are sold on a consignment basis and given mining hasn't slowed up that much it could explain the relatively small drop in sales compared to a lot of other models.
They have had an influx of buyers trying to get in and secure the last of the V8 Cruisers, before they switch to the new model that is rumoured to only have a V6.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 13-05-2020, 04:12 PM   #71
MercuryT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vekgib View Post
No. Apparently we're all boring.
What people buy in many instances can be a reflection of the person's personality. (same as clothes)

I said Toyota's are usually reliable and good cars, so I don't know why you're upset!!
MercuryT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2020, 04:49 PM   #72
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Smith View Post
Are you going to offer free delivery or also charge for delivery seeing you'll penalise customers for collecting
You can collect from the warehouse if you want if you've bought it online or via email, you just pay 20% tax if you try buy it from me over the counter.

And yes you get free delivery if the order is over $500
Old 13-05-2020, 04:52 PM   #73
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Customers want to know three things:

Do you have it?
How much does it cost?
When can I have it?

If you give them all the information online they generally won't call or come into the branch to buy something if they can figure out it's what they want from the information available.

The trick is having the information easily available and the logistics to get it within hours of purchasing it or within 1-2 business days if they're regional.
2 users like this post:
Old 13-05-2020, 07:24 PM   #74
prydey
Rob

Quote:

Do you have it?
How much does it cost?
When can I have it?

If you give them all the information online they generally won't call or come into the branch to buy something if they can figure out it's what they want from the information available.

The trick is having the information easily available and the logistics to get it within hours of purchasing it or within 1-2 business days if they're regional.
But then the dealerships can't use the 'do you want fries with that' strategy and try to sell you snake oil etc, or try get you in to the more expensive model 'because it's a better fit for you' yada yada yada...
Old 13-05-2020, 07:49 PM   #75
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
But then the dealerships can't use the 'do you want fries with that' strategy and try to sell you snake oil etc, or try get you in to the more expensive model 'because it's a better fit for you' yada yada yada...
And don't forget "The ming mole"............
Old 13-05-2020, 08:22 PM   #76
hayseed

Quote:
And don't forget "The ming mole"............
I Think It's actually, Ming Moll
hayseed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2020, 08:05 PM   #77
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Europe got smashed last month.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/05/19/euro...c-decline.html

My cars

Current ride
2016 FG X XR6 - 6 speed manual

Previous rides
2009 FG XR6 - 6 speed auto
2006 BF MkII XT ESP - 6 speed auto
2003 BA XT V8 - 5 speed manual
1999 AU Forte - 5 speed manual
1997 EL Fairmont - 4 speed auto
1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - 4 speed auto
Syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2020, 09:13 PM   #78
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndrome View Post
Crazy stuff.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2020, 10:13 PM   #79
Dr Terry
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Do you have it?
How much does it cost?
When can I have it?

Franco, from what i gather you are in the same game as me, supplying parts to the car trade, is that correct ?

I've been doing this from both angles, I owned & ran a workshop for 40 years, now I have "retired" to "just" sell parts.

I think you have missed one very important step is your 3 step process. It should have 4 steps. The first & most important part (as well as why they come to you & not the chain store next door) is "What is the correct part ?" or "What do I need ?"

The secret is not to give them "all" of the info.

Dr Terry
Dr Terry is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post