Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 04-03-2013, 11:11 PM   #1
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Default 2013 Mondeo - Actual Street Date

Just wondering if anyone has an actual street date or approximation of when the new shape Mondeo will be available in Australia.

Long story short - I might be up for another car in the next couple of weeks :(

Originally Posted by Nikked
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Riksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2013, 11:38 PM   #2
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 
Default Re: 2013 Mondeo - Actual Street Date

2014 apparently :(
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2013, 12:53 AM   #3
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Thanks. Doesn't help me in the predicament I'm in at the moment unfortunately :(
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Old 05-03-2013, 09:21 PM   #4
allanv6gt
Tippy-tronic Free Zone

If curent car is leased, can you extend your lease for another 1-2yrs?
allanv6gt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2013, 10:30 AM   #5
Mad_Pom

http://www.just-auto.com/news/why-th...225.aspx?lk=dm

GENEVA: Why the new Mondeo is still 18 months away

By headlineauto | 5 March 2013

Ford's new Mondeo is being delayed by the "need to address the business structure in Europe" - and in particular the future of the Genk plant in Belgium - said the company's head of product development, Barb Samardzich.
The US Ford Fusion on which the new Mondeo is based was shown at the Detroit show over a year ago and is now well established in NAFTA markets while the Mondeo was presented to dealers and press at a pre-Paris show briefing last September but kept well away from the company's stand. It's not at Geneva either.
The reason it will be about 12 months behind schedule in making it to market is that delicate negotiations are going on over the future of the Genk plant as part of Ford's European restructuring plans. Ford needs to turn around its loss-making European operations which were US$1.5bn (£1bn) in the red last year.
"We are trying to reach a consensus which will allow us to establish our production capability," said Samardzich. "The delay is nothing to do with engineering. In fact, once we come to an agreement I have told the engineers they will be able to walk away. This is one of the most developed new cars we have ever created."
If agreement can be reached with the unions, Genk will close and Mondeo production will probably move to Valencia which is rapidly becoming Ford's most versatile European plant.
When Ford had to perform life-saving surgery on its US operations in the aftermath of the 2008 banking collapse it desperately needed a new product range as well as a better business plan but in Europe the cars are in many cases already among the best in class.
Samardzich said that to help attract new customers there will be greater diversification and Ford has announced plans to globalise the EcoSport compact SUV previously reserved for South America and to bring the larger Edge crossover and Mustang sports car over from the US, including right-hand drive.
The other main line of attack will be to "keep exceeding expectations," said Samardzich. "We must never say 'that's it - we're done'," she added. "An example is the sliding doors with no central pillar on the B-Max, we have to keep finding things that people can't live without but aren't even thinking about yet."
Mad_Pom is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2013, 10:40 AM   #6
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

If ever a new model was due it is now. Hopefully it isnt actually 18mths away.
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2013, 11:38 AM   #7
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Quote:
Originally Posted by allanv6gt View Post
If curent car is leased, can you extend your lease for another 1-2yrs?
Nah my predicament is I'm expecting a phone call from insurance today to find out if mine's written off, or repairable. Had a decent hit in it on Monday, needless to say it will need an entire new front end plus dashboard as I popped the driver, driver knee and passenger airbags out.

I would REALLY like another Mondeo if it does get written off, but yeah I guess we'll see how I go.
Quote:
Old 06-03-2013, 11:51 AM   #8
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

You can buy Titanium cheap at the moment... 33 kay for a ecoboost demo!
3 users like this post:
Old 06-03-2013, 12:21 PM   #9
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASH GT View Post
You can buy Titanium cheap at the moment... 33 kay for a ecoboost demo!
Ohhhh drool!!! Will defs have a look at another Mondeo that's for sure.

Also gonna check out a couple of other brands today just in case I do get the call that its a write off, I'm not going to have time to sit around and wait to buy a car, I will need one pretty quick, but going to check out a couple of Audi A1/A3's and a VW Polo GTI. I might absolutely hate them, considering how much I loved the Mondeo and everything about it, but yeah we'll see.
Quote:
Old 06-03-2013, 02:49 PM   #10
Superoo
Mondeo TDCi / BA XR6T

Hope everything works out. Safe to assume the Mondeo held up its part of the deal and kept you safe then? Not sure of your requirements in regards to space but I rode in the back of an Audi A1 recently. I think you can drive an A1 into the hatch space of the Mondeo.

I think Ford are seriously up against it if the new Mondeo is 18 months away. Mazda with their new 6 will have a huge advantage. You might look at them or in the least bargain hard for a Titanium as suggested. Good luck anyway.
Old 06-03-2013, 05:00 PM   #11
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

I spoke to a Ford dealer in Adelaide who said 38k on an ex-demo Titanium on road was the best he could do.

Also looked at the Polo GTI - very exciting car. Audi A1 is getting a bit too expensive.

Just heard from insurance, they haven't made the call on whether writeoff or repair yet, they're going to get repairers to come and quote on it probably tomorrow (they've had it since yesterday, not happy).
Quote:
Old 06-03-2013, 11:39 PM   #12
allanv6gt
Tippy-tronic Free Zone

Sad to hear about the possible demise of your current Mondeo. As we all know, overall it's a very attractive package.

Re replacement car, I would second checking out the new Mazda 6. When it came time to update from our 2003 Subaru Outback, my choices came down toa new Mondeo or Mazda 6. Obviously, the Mondeo won out on the day. I sat in the then current Liberty and XR6 Falcon, and didn't bother with test drives.

If you can detach the emotion from the process, list the things you want out of the replacement, then browse web sites or even back of the Wheels magazine. This will at least give you a first cut list of the possibilities, and then (I think) the emotion and personal taste will take over. At least you will have considered (/dismissed) other possibilities.

If looking to buy new, check out some of the car-search companies like Privatefleet and carsearchbrokers. There will be a fee for service, but you mioght get a better deal for whatever you decide to choose. I've never used them, but will certainly consider next time around.

Hope it all works out well for you.
Having sudden shopping decisions forced upon you is not a 'fun-time' experience (been there, done that).
Old 07-03-2013, 12:04 AM   #13
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

I tried to use Privatefleet once before when we bought our Mazda 6 in 2010. I found that I was able to do a better deal locally. I found them to be very pushy and their price magically kept lowering as I wasn't signing up on the spot. In the end I didn't bother using them and boy was he not happy when I gave him the news!
naddis01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2013, 04:32 PM   #14
allanv6gt
Tippy-tronic Free Zone

naddis01 - Thanks for the Privatefleet feedback. Interesting to know how one (at least) of these brokers seem to operate. Knowledge is power !!!

I only had a disintrested local dealership network (across 3 sites actually) and bought my new Mondeo XR5 over the phone from an interstate dealer late on a Saturday afternoon, and collecting in person a couple of weeks later at the end of a business trip (fun drive home, woo hoo).

Some would say....Market Forces Rule OK!! (yeh, I know, pretty corny....)

Riksta - Any update ? Are you still one of the family?
Old 08-03-2013, 06:29 PM   #15
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Four days in a row of getting told I'll know "Tomorrow" makes me very unhappy, considering today's "tomorrow" will now be Tuesday due to a public holiday here on Monday.

It got towed in on Tuesday, an assessor didn't even look at it until Wednesday, did some "parts dump" or something to find out approximate parts prices, then two repairers looked at it yesterday to quote the repair and as at 2pm this afternoon one of them had still not submitted a quote, so I still have no answer.

What's annoying me the most is that on Tuesday, I got told I would know "tomorrow". Then Wednesday, Thursday, Friday - same freaking story. Why didn't they just tell me on Tuesday that "this one is a bit more complicated than usual, it could take up to a week to sort out what's happening for you". I would have understood that more than four days of "tomorrow".

Sorry about the rant, this whole thing has just been massively messing with my head, considering it happened on the first day of two weeks annual leave from work which I had planned a road trip on, instead I'm sitting at home waiting for an effing answer as to whether I'll have my own car back or whether I should start shopping. Also not knowing whether I'll want it back after a full on front end repair plus dashboard/airbag replacement.
Quote:
Old 08-03-2013, 06:33 PM   #16
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

wow, Rik I didnt realise you were in a serious crash. Im glad your ok mate.

The thought of another Mondeo is enticing. But also do not write off other makes. Perhaps look at Subaru, Mazda or Nissan? The VW golf is a good drive, but I would go a manual over an auto if you buy out of warranty with a VW. Too many stories of the dsg gearbox having issues in those things.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2013, 07:02 PM   #17
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Thanks Shav.

My problem is I was spoiled rotten with the Mondeo, getting approx $12,000 discount means that I'm having trouble finding ANYTHING with the specs that it had in my price range again... and now that I've been spoiled by owning a demo, I don't really want to buy second hand. So now my dilemna is buy something secondhand with all the toys I'm used to, or buy new/demo and miss out on a few features.

That is, if the Mondeo is written off. Who knows. The way my insurance company is going they might slap a cheap Kia front end on it or something and pass it off as ok :\
Quote:
This user likes this post:
Old 09-03-2013, 06:46 PM   #18
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

I don't envy your position I must say but if its any consolation you plenty of cars to choose from. Let us know how u go.

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1975 Honda Civic
Old 09-03-2013, 09:14 PM   #19
JimStone

If they do write the Mondeo off, take a look at a 2012 Zetec Ecoboost. Few listed in SA on carsales at the moment - new from 32k on the road, demo 28k. Big jump up in performance from the 2.3 Zetec with all the toys you have come to love....
JimStone is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 12-03-2013, 01:54 PM   #20
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

I would love a Mondeo ecoboost!

I'm hopefully (fingers crossed) going to find out today whether its a repair/write off. Knowing my luck I'll get a phone call to tell me they've added some new step to the whole convoluted process, and I'll get an answer "tomorrow".

I've been thinking though if its a write off I might just buy something crappy to get me through the next few months until the big end of financial year sales and then save myself some big dollars on something new/ex demo.

I dunno, part of me just wants the old one repaired all up, but then part of me worries that its never, ever going to be the same after the hit that its taken.
Quote:
Old 12-03-2013, 02:19 PM   #21
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta View Post
I would love a Mondeo ecoboost!

I'm hopefully (fingers crossed) going to find out today whether its a repair/write off. Knowing my luck I'll get a phone call to tell me they've added some new step to the whole convoluted process, and I'll get an answer "tomorrow".

I've been thinking though if its a write off I might just buy something crappy to get me through the next few months until the big end of financial year sales and then save myself some big dollars on something new/ex demo.

I dunno, part of me just wants the old one repaired all up, but then part of me worries that its never, ever going to be the same after the hit that its taken.
Just come to QLD and buy one of these

http://www.carsales.com.au/demo/deta...15&sort=~Price
Old 12-03-2013, 03:56 PM   #22
blueoval
Critical Thinker

I agree with Dash. Go interstate and drive one home Rik. You'll save more on the car itself and give yourself a needed little holiday from the stress of late.

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1975 Honda Civic
Old 12-03-2013, 04:00 PM   #23
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That car is a new car demo btw, you will be the first owner. They have a few of them.
Old 12-03-2013, 04:18 PM   #24
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

That looks nice, and yeah the savings... wow. Plus, I do love a good road trip!!!

I'm on leave from work for another six days... who knows... maybe a trip is iminent!

Still haven't heard whether or not I'm in the market for a new car, about to call and hopefully remain calm while talking to them. Really disappointed in their customer dis-service at the moment.

By the way, the Mondeo I had was new car demo, I'm the first owner in the books of it. So yeah, its definitely a way I would look to buy again.
Quote:
2 users like this post:
Old 12-03-2013, 04:54 PM   #25
blueoval
Critical Thinker

sounds like a road trip is on the cards mate. ;)

doooooo eeeeeet

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1975 Honda Civic
Old 12-03-2013, 06:26 PM   #26
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Well considering I'll be waiting until tomorrow for an answer from the insurance company I'm almost tempted to just go buy something else. Problem is I'll be stuck with two loans if I buy something decent and then they repair it.

BEYOND A JOKE NOW with the insurance company, seriously. Since Tuesday last week I've been told "You'll have an answer tomorrow" WHICH I HAVEN'T **#*^#$^&% GOT YET. Apparently one of the repairers submitting a quote didn't submit it Friday, someone went home early and the other person thought that they'd done it before they left, excuses excuses so yeah, very, very angry at the moment with them. It DOES NOT take a week from them getting the car to decide whether to repair or write off, hell the Focus only took three days and that was with the extra step of getting a repairer to pull the front end apart to quote on unseen damage before they made a decision.
Quote:
Old 12-03-2013, 06:34 PM   #27
nstg8a

I definitely wouldn't be buying a car on finance until you know what's happening with yours.

Does your policy not cover a hire car?

When my ghia was rear ended I couldn't fault the repair, but to me I just lost the love for it after that. Hope your situation turns out for the best.
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2013, 06:51 PM   #28
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

My policy does have hire car, which I haven't bothered to get at the moment - they said I get it for the entire time of the repair, or until writeoff payment is finalised. I didn't bother in case it was a writeoff, thinking it wouldn't take them a whole week and a bit to decide what to do with my car. In the meantime I'm borrowing mum's car.

Its not being without a car that's annoying me, its what is happening with mine. If they repair it, then great I'll grab the hire car to cover me until its fixed (at the rate they're going currently probably four months), but if its a writeoff it means I'll be having to go shopping... when I go back to work next Tuesday then its six days of straight work with no time to really look, if I do have to go shopping I'd rather do it while I'm off work on holidays.
Quote:
Old 13-03-2013, 11:08 AM   #29
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Rik - I would approach the insurance ombudsman to get them to throw a rocket up their @55. Basically outlining exactly what you concerns are and what correspondence you have had with them and how many times you have called to get it rectified. Dont go speak to their ombudsman in house, get an independent party to intervene. I am sure once they get involved you will be getting your answers pretty quick smart.

http://www.fos.org.au/centric/home_page.jsp

also http://transition.accc.gov.au/conten...whichType/org#

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1975 Honda Civic
Old 13-03-2013, 02:18 PM   #30
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

I'm tempted Shav, really tempted.

I called them about 45 minutes ago, stating straight out I'd like the answer as to what's happening.

I got the bs response that they're STILL waiting on the quote from one of the repairers - the same quote which was going to be sent Friday, then yesterday. She basically said to me "I'll call the repairer to follow it up, thanks, bye" and freaking hung up on me - at least the others would put me on hold to call the repairer.

They have until 2pm to call me back. At which point, I call back, and instead of asking for an answer on my car, I'll be asking for the manager straight away. I'm sick of it.
Quote: