Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 19-08-2005, 04:31 PM   #31
MustangNicko
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My xr6 has the big muffler removed. Sounds like a freakin saloon car at full song
MustangNicko is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2005, 02:02 PM   #32
buickman
buickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
The VCT's seem to have a more raspy sound rather than the deeper growl of the Intech. Oddly enough yours is certainly deeper sounding than mine (so is Laminges) however I would assume that being LWB the extra pipe length may have something to do with that.
I would also assume that the placement of the cat and muffler... along with muffler types... may have some influence on the final note.
Also different tip sizes on top off exiting distance makes for slightly different notes as it echoes on exit as well the muffler type.
I had my stock modified rear muffler replaced a few weeks ago with a small hotdog resinator as I had got used of a bit of exhaust noise with the extractors & 2.5 redback system. It certainly has a deeper louder sound now plus a extra kw to boot :hihi:
All the OHC 6n/a Fords fitted with the Lukey mufflers that I.ve heard sound deeper in their notes.

buickman
buickman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2005, 02:25 PM   #33
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

ok so what do you guys reckkon i get?

got an I6 AU. i want DEEP tone and not TOOOOO loud, going to have dual 4inch tips as well to fill the TS50 bar.

any suggestions?
sfr rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2005, 05:10 PM   #34
Syk0AU1

ok got my exhaust system done today by JMM, sounds awesome and you can feel such a power difference. Got up to 128 RWKW from whatever RWKW is standard with an au forte and with just the DEV1 kit. I found out today by brenden on the dyno that my car isnt speed limited and obviously because of the high gain the police tampered with the ECU. Very happy with it, would recommend for sure anyone looking for first upgrade to get the dev1.
Old 20-08-2005, 05:15 PM   #35
Dauphin
Irregular member

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Endless work keeping the AU.com.au web site happening 

Yay!

My hovercraft is full of eels!

Movie Car Chase of the Week: Gene Hackman driving a 1971 Pontiac LeMans to chase an elevated train in The French Connection (1971).
Dauphin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2005, 05:23 PM   #36
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syk0AU1
ok got my exhaust system done today by JMM, sounds awesome and you can feel such a power difference. Got up to 128 RWKW from whatever RWKW is standard with an au forte and with just the DEV1 kit. I found out today by brenden on the dyno that my car isnt speed limited and obviously because of the high gain the police tampered with the ECU. Very happy with it, would recommend for sure anyone looking for first upgrade to get the dev1.
And just like I say to everyon else who had doubts and then gets on after going to JMM full of praise....

"And now you KNOW!"

So tell us, would you recommend JMM like we have all recommended JMM to you? WHY? :

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-08-2005, 09:48 AM   #37
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Just got my new system installed yesterday.

Pacemaker PH4480 headers with Magnaflow Hi Flow Cat and Redback Straight Through Muffler. Sounds a bit tinny, not the rumble I used to have with the mutilated exhaust, but I'll tell you something, it wants to rev more than before, and I can feel the change in rear wheel power. Just gotta take it back to the gas mob and get the old heatshield refitted over the gas converter, and things will be sweet.

Have not had it run on the dyno again, but at a slight stab, I'd say it got a 20 rwhp increase.
Old 21-08-2005, 10:07 AM   #38
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUII_SE_Ute

Pacemaker PH4480 headers with Magnaflow Hi Flow Cat and Redback Straight Through Muffler. Sounds a bit tinny, not the rumble I used to have with the mutilated exhaust, but I'll tell you something, it wants to rev more than before, and I can feel the change in rear wheel power. Just gotta take it back to the gas mob and get the old heatshield refitted over the gas converter, and things will be sweet.

Have not had it run on the dyno again, but at a slight stab, I'd say it got a 20 rwhp increase.
thats sweet as Kenny, your old system was a real bitsa :

Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2005, 10:09 AM   #39
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racecraft
thats sweet as Kenny, your old system was a real bitsa :
It was, wasn't it?
Old 22-08-2005, 08:02 PM   #40
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Bit off-topic ... Is there a relocation kit for the stock Vialle converters ... so i can fit Pacies ... cos at the moment ... there's no way of fitting extractors with the factory gas converter?
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2005, 05:14 PM   #41
phillyc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always factual and beneficial. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUII_SE_Ute

My car is AU1 VCT auto with 56k on it. Since purchasing in Feb this year I have had fitted a 2.5" Mandrel bent Redback exhaust with the dual tip (quieter than single outlet). And recently, PH4480 headers. The car is quiet on the cruise with a good noise when up it!!

It's got a nice compression type noise at idle after fitting the headers and breathes even better everywhere but particularly from 5thou up. Has a nice light rasp and deep idle. So i agree with Casper & reckon the VCT makes it sound raspier particularly after the cam change point of 3500-3700rpm...

With the dB meter it was 3 dB louder (83) with the extractors using the correct measurement than exhaust only. Incidentally, idle was 0.5dB quieter at 72 (i think)

Used a G-tech before and after headers & on the same stretch with one person & lowish fuel both times i recorded 0-60mph as :
7.05s (exhaust only) vs 6.77s (exhaust & headers)

Off the line it will spin both wheels given provocation without stalling it up. Best grand i've spent. Next may be a AU edit or JMM stall kit when i'm in Melbourne for the commonwealth games..
phillyc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post