Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 18-09-2021, 12:57 PM   #1
Aussieguy
Starter Motor

Default Whats the best oil to use in a Focus ST?

I bought a Focus ST Interstate and just waiting for it to arrive in Brisbane and I tried asking this in a Facebook group and most just said use the recommended in the manual, but from owning previous turbo cars like a Mazda 3 MPS, there is always better oils to use to help protect the engine, incase I want to have some excitement every now and then 😁.

Someone mentioned this oil and said it helps with turbo deposit build ups, but wondering has anyone on here used it or do you just use the recommended?

https://www.supercheapauto.com.au/p/...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

I just like to give my engine the best protection and even if its like a 5% difference, its better then none
Aussieguy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-09-2021, 11:25 AM   #2
John Humpo
Starter Motor

Smile Re: Whats the best oil to use in a Focus ST?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussieguy View Post
I bought a Focus ST Interstate and just waiting for it to arrive in Brisbane and I tried asking this in a Facebook group and most just said use the recommended in the manual, but from owning previous turbo cars like a Mazda 3 MPS, there is always better oils to use to help protect the engine, incase I want to have some excitement every now and then 😁.

Someone mentioned this oil and said it helps with turbo deposit build ups, but wondering has anyone on here used it or do you just use the recommended?

https://www.supercheapauto.com.au/p/...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

I just like to give my engine the best protection and even if its like a 5% difference, its better then none
I have a MY2021 Focus ST & agree with you re oils, I am going to give it an intermediate oil change at about 7,500km's & it took me forever to decide on an oil that I believe will do the job, I eventually decided on Castrol Magnatec Fuel Saver 5w30 it meets all the appropriate ford specifications which is important when under warranty, reading the specs shows the oil is ideal for preventing deposits in Turbo Vehicles, I would never leave oil in a Turbo car for the 15,000 km oil change interval suggested for this Vehicle, way to long no matter how good the oil supposed to be imo especially with the added heat of cooling the Turbo bearings, anyhow just my thoughts, cheers.
John Humpo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post