Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 06-09-2021, 02:02 AM   #1
falcon_bandit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default One of the mysteries of life

Came across the marvel of Quantam entanglement, and im speechless. Sad to think we may never understand our existence
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...gJno8Gg2MLEwjW
falcon_bandit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2021, 02:58 AM   #2
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Default Re: One of the mysteries of life

Is the Earth flat?
Not reading that essay.
marty351 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 06-09-2021, 05:57 AM   #3
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

It’s a shorter read than all the Saturday posts on the Covid thread.
Citroënbender is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 06-09-2021, 06:57 AM   #4
slowsnake
Banned

Dident bother with the link!....pointless really,
Anyone who thinks that atoms are not conscious and are unintelligent can't have a conversation with themselves ( they can ) and they are doing it right now reading my post, atoms, subatomic particles is Cro Magnon science, course and rough, there is something more finite than what we see, and what we are!

Cheers Billy
slowsnake is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2021, 01:10 PM   #5
Itsme
Experienced Member

Read the first paragraph and that was the end of that, I will enjoy my life as I see it in its simplicity form and let you lot spin your heads around science .
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 06-09-2021, 01:43 PM   #6
five 7
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Opened this and thought it would be about women....
five 7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2021, 03:11 PM   #7
J Arthur Rank

Interesting reading - thanks for the link mate. I recall reading about or maybe watching something about mushrooms or coral exhibiting shared behaviour when separated by half the planet.

A lot of philosophical questions can be contemplated if you're that way inclined. Bandit, is it sad that you/we may never understand our existence?
J Arthur Rank is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2021, 04:47 PM   #8
falcon_bandit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quantum entanglement supports the belief that everyone & everything is connected to one thing at a subatomic level.......which in turn i guess supports the existance of god/religion.
2 users like this post:
Old 06-09-2021, 04:51 PM   #9
falcon_bandit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Arthur Rank View Post
Bandit, is it sad that you/we may never understand our existence?
I guess that would come down to the individual. Me personally, ive always pondered these things.
Old 06-09-2021, 05:58 PM   #10
J Arthur Rank

As have I FB and I'm not being a smartarse - I hope it didn't come across that way What I meant to imply is that those of us who find that reasoning/research interesting (me certainly), are I think inclined to contemplate the philosophical aspects of it.

To me it isn't sad that I probably won't ever know. Hence the query as I'm genuinely interested to learn your thoughts?
Old 06-09-2021, 06:47 PM   #11
JasonACT
Away on leave

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Outstanding work on the FG ICC issues. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The insane amount of work he has put into the Falcon FG ICC is unbelievable. He has shared everything he has done and made a great deal of it available to us all. He has definitely helped a great deal of us with no personal gains to himself. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by five 7 View Post
Opened this and thought it would be about women....
It is, it explains why when one woman gets angry, they all get angry.
JasonACT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 06-09-2021, 07:25 PM   #12
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon_bandit View Post
Quantum entanglement supports the belief that everyone & everything is connected to one thing at a subatomic level.......which in turn i guess supports the existance of god/religion.
How could it support the existence of religion, which is a human creation, to understand God you first have to understand your "self".....and once you understand self it still does not prove Gods existence, it shows that you may have somehow elevated your state of consciousness and have been given a glimpse of what the Hindu's call " the Brahamic Splendour " just another state of consciousness attainable by all of us, but sadly organised religion has just created people with conflicting thoughts or ideas of what God is, or isn't.....

Cheers a Billy
Old 06-09-2021, 07:59 PM   #13
J Arthur Rank

Also some great points you make there slow billy. Completely agree that organised religion has done far more bad than good too.

Getting back to Bandit's comment though, I took it to mean that QE, in so much as it is all encompassing, allows for the existence of a god/religion more so than flat out supporting it. It's open to interpretation of course
Old 06-09-2021, 11:57 PM   #14
GO FURTHER
Donating Member3

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Fitting New Iridium Plugs & the state of the old ones - (Photo Essay) 

Quote:
Sad to think we may never understand our existence
But... What if we as humans were never meant to understand our existence?

If I place a computer chip on the ground next to an ant...
The ant will never understand the inner workings of that microchip.

If I take a small metal shaving from a random car, and hand it to you, it would be impossible for you to be able to describe what that car looks like in its finished glory.

Like a jigsaw, you cannot picture the finished 1000 piece puzzle, if all you had was just a single piece.

The sum total of all human knowledge, is miniscule compared to all the knowledge in the universe.

Nothing more than a mere grain of sand in all the beaches and deserts combined and more.

We want to know the truth of our existence, of how we came to be, and the creator.
Yet we don't even understand a single atom in its entirety... But we can use it, and make an atom bomb.

All you can ever hope to understand in this earthly life is the "self" if you are lucky enough to achieve enlightenment.
GO FURTHER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 07-09-2021, 01:14 AM   #15
slowsnake
Banned

Lots of folk attain enlightenment and don't know what it is?
And, it may not be what you think it is, some get it this time round, or the next, or the next ad infinitum.
I have met people who are soulless, dead inside, I feel them around me everytime I go out, these are people on the street, always dragging others down, they are like vampire's but it not blood they want, they try to suck all the goodness out of you, and if you are a woman and just happen to be with one of these hollow shells, then you are f...ed, and they hate confrontation, I call em people "from down below"...bottom dwellers!

You know what type of person you are inside, I don't need some dude dressed like a penguin in a church trying to tell me about something I know more than him about!
But I'm not a salesman, I keep my sh.t private, and personal, the penguin is a puppet on a string, so am I, and we both have the same puppetmaster, we are both moved by the same force, the difference is we have free thought, some use it wisely some don't, pretty sad sh.t really!

Cheers Billy
Old 07-09-2021, 03:20 AM   #16
falcon_bandit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There absolutely seems to be a single driving force in charge of the wheel, directing the perfect ballet and its connected to everything, & therefore must be in everyone. People wonder if one day we will be able to consciously reach out & "touch base" with this force.......... Or is that what religion already claims to do?
Old 07-09-2021, 06:39 AM   #17
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
There absolutely seems to be a single driving force in charge of the wheel, directing the perfect ballet and its connected to everything, & therefore must be in everyone. People wonder if one day we will be able to consciously reach out & "touch base" with this force.......... Or is that what religion already claims to do?
Religion is man's creation, not Gods!....if you have the time look up a poem written in 1933 by Dylan Thomas, a useless Welsh alcoholic is how he ended up, that's my opinion, he was 19 years old when he actually realised self, that's pretty young to write something so profound, it was published in 1934 and it made him famous!

The Force That Through The Green Fuse Drives The Flower......

You should read it, and remember the author is a 19 year old kid, what happened in his young life that produced such a classic.
I can put dozens of poems here going back centuries but not so much this century, why nothing this century?

Cheers Billy
Old 07-09-2021, 09:39 AM   #18
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

I'm surprised that no one's mentioned it yet, the answer is 42.
Old 07-09-2021, 12:16 PM   #19
J Arthur Rank

Quote:

I think there is a single force, lets call it energy but I don't think it is in charge - I would say we just learn/evolve to harness it. This reality is one such example. Perhaps animals harness it another way and the petri dish experiment shows the algae may harness it yet another way.

I think religion came about due to psychedelic experiences - whether intentional or accidental, who knows. The psychedelic experience can be extremely profound and can give a glimpse into what is beyond the reality we "see" so it's possible that's why those claims exist.
Old 07-09-2021, 12:45 PM   #20
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

We get some pretty good gear here in Costa Rica!
But you guys? Wow!
Is this stuff being included in ya AZ or Pfizer shots? Wow!
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Charliewool is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 07-09-2021, 02:10 PM   #21
falcon_bandit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

do u have an theories beliefs or interesting facts? Cheers ��

Last edited by GasoLane; 07-09-2021 at 03:39 PM. Reason: Not needed
Old 07-09-2021, 03:19 PM   #22
tweeked
N/A all the way

reading it made me feel a bit insignificant....as we are.

Was interested in the communicating algae, wanted to read more but could only find other references to this "study", mainly from people who love crystals and that sort of thing. But nowhere could I find THE study, who did it and what outcomes there where. Might be an urban myth, would love to read it if anyone knows if it was a reputable one.

tweeked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2021, 04:06 PM   #23
GO FURTHER
Donating Member3

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Fitting New Iridium Plugs & the state of the old ones - (Photo Essay) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeked View Post
reading it made me feel a bit insignificant....as we are.

Was interested in the communicating algae, wanted to read more but could only find other references to this "study", mainly from people who love crystals and that sort of thing. But nowhere could I find THE study, who did it and what outcomes there where. Might be an urban myth, would love to read it if anyone knows if it was a reputable one.
Quantum entanglement does not just apply to "living cells" but at the subatomic particle level such as electrons in non-living matter.

There have been many scientific studies done on entanglement, and here Google is your friend.

Albert Einstein famously said that quantum mechanics should allow two objects to affect each other's behaviour instantly across vast distances, something he dubbed “spooky action at a distance”. Decades after his death, experiments confirmed this.

However to answer your question, I have attached a University scientific research paper (not exactly on algae) but using "living cells" as stated in falcon-bandits original post to show that living cells somehow instantly "communicate" over distances.
GO FURTHER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post: