Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 02-09-2021, 10:10 PM   #1
ute83
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Land titles.

https://www.registrargeneral.nsw.gov...cates-of-title

Your thoughts.
ute83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 02-09-2021, 10:17 PM   #2
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 
Default Re: Land titles.

Thanks. It sounds like they’re shaping up to privatise the whole shebang further.
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2021, 09:07 AM   #3
slowsnake
Banned

Yeah it sounds right, we are losing control of everything to the Ethernet now, more criminals there than the population of America, have seen numerous council blues over land titles, that's on paper titles so electronic will be open to greed based abuse, the title holder will have a worthless piece of paper that's now electronic, so the Torrens system will be finished, all those beautiful old deeds of title gone, replaced electronically and open to mass abuse by any kid with a bit of smarts about them!

Cheers 14X
slowsnake is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 03-09-2021, 01:12 PM   #4
nstg8a

Default Land titles.

Titles mean nothing anyway, govt can just waltz in and take your land and there’s not a damn thing you can do about it, fancy paper title or boring etitle makes no difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2021, 11:00 PM   #5
zilo
BANNED

It's only the certificate, not the original.
they have just been printing them on a laser printer in vic for years now...

(It's the red triangle with exclamation mark on the left)
zilo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2021, 10:42 AM   #6
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a View Post
Titles mean nothing anyway, govt can just waltz in and take your land and there’s not a damn thing you can do about it, fancy paper title or boring etitle makes no difference

It's not about the title meaning nothing, some folk spend their whole lives busting their guts to feed, house, and support a family, that title in their knarly worn out hands means more that winning lotto!
Carrying a tablet around with an electronic title just don't cut it!

Cheers Billy
2 users like this post:
Old 04-09-2021, 11:03 AM   #7
prktkljokr
praek tih kl jo kr

My title has been held by Landgate here in WA, you have not been able get the original for years, I think even before I bought my house.
You can get a copy, but never the original, at the end of the day when you own it, a piece of paper means nothing, knowing you dont have to pay a mortgage is a way better feeling

I would say they have just changed it because it more easy to store the titles on a disk than it is in paper form, imagine the room you would need to store everyone's title in paper form, then the time it would take to retrieve it from the millions when needed ( for transfer, mortgage etc ).

You once could go to a bank and get actual money, now its electronic and I dont see my money, you used to be able to fix a car yourself with minimal tools, now you need a degree in electronic engineering and a computer.

Its progress.
prktkljokr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 04-09-2021, 11:15 AM   #8
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by prktkljokr View Post
My title has been held by Landgate here in WA, you have not been able get the original for years, I think even before I bought my house.
You can get a copy, but never the original, at the end of the day when you own it, a piece of paper means nothing, knowing you dont have to pay a mortgage is a way better feeling

I would say they have just changed it because it more easy to store the titles on a disk than it is in paper form, imagine the room you would need to store everyone's title in paper form, then the time it would take to retrieve it from the millions when needed ( for transfer, mortgage etc ).

You once could go to a bank and get actual money, now its electronic and I dont see my money, you used to be able to fix a car yourself with minimal tools, now you need a degree in electronic engineering and a computer.

Its progress.
It's laziness!

Cheers Billy
Old 04-09-2021, 11:24 AM   #9
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilo View Post
It's only the certificate, not the original.
they have just been printing them on a laser printer in vic for years now...
I used to collect old Torrens titles for a collector mate, its just the actual title is an artwork, it's got the names of all previous owners, some going back to the mid 19th century, when the idea was thought up in South Australia by Sir Robert Richard Torrens, it was very quickly adopted all over the world!
It's more than a "laser printed " anything!

It's what most folk work their guts out for, it's more than just tactile, it's a reason to work hard, like a prize really!

Cheers Billy
Old 04-09-2021, 11:59 AM   #10
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake View Post
Yeah it sounds right, we are losing control of everything to the Ethernet now, more criminals there than the population of America, have seen numerous council blues over land titles, that's on paper titles so electronic will be open to greed based abuse, the title holder will have a worthless piece of paper that's now electronic, so the Torrens system will be finished, all those beautiful old deeds of title gone, replaced electronically and open to mass abuse by any kid with a bit of smarts about them!

Cheers 14X

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake
It's not about the title meaning nothing, some folk spend their whole lives busting their guts to feed, house, and support a family, that title in their knarly worn out hands means more that winning lotto!
Carrying a tablet around with an electronic title just don't cut it!

Cheers Billy

Quote:
It's laziness!

Cheers Billy
Quote:
I used to collect old Torrens titles for a collector mate, its just the actual title is an artwork, it's got the names of all previous owners, some going back to the mid 19th century, when the idea was thought up in South Australia by Sir Robert Richard Torrens, it was very quickly adopted all over the world!
It's more than a "laser printed " anything!

It's what most folk work their guts out for, it's more than just tactile, it's a reason to work hard, like a prize really!

Cheers Billy
/read in grandpa simpson voice
pottery beige is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 04-09-2021, 01:40 PM   #11
Pis-ton broke
Banned

if the title its self proves ownership, and if someone hacked the titles data base and changed the owers name, and you lost you property, is this a worst case scenario? is there a back system and safety measures in place? i guess there is. i just don,t trust computers.

how many times do you here of government departments, big companies and facebook getting hacked. the usa defense system was hacked by china and they stole plans for a fighter jet (thats what usa has claimed).
i don,t like it one bit.
Pis-ton broke is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 04-09-2021, 01:45 PM   #12
Pis-ton broke
Banned

"The Torrens Title Register has always been and will continue to be the single source of truth as to the ownership of a person’s home. The Torrens Title Register is securely stored and backed up by both NSW Land Registry Services and the Office of the Registrar General. "

that is not very reassuring for me. govco department **** up big time, blood hopeless mob.
Pis-ton broke is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 04-09-2021, 01:47 PM   #13
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pis-ton broke View Post
if the title its self proves ownership, and if someone hacked the titles data base and changed the owers name, and you lost you property, is this a worst case scenario? is there a back system and safety measures in place? i guess there is. i just don,t trust computers.

how many times do you here of government departments, big companies and facebook getting hacked. the usa defense system was hacked by china and they stole plans for a fighter jet (thats what usa has claimed).
i don,t like it one bit.
If it was the "Lightning" Jet fighter the US probably let them steel it.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 04-09-2021, 06:04 PM   #14
MercuryT
Banned

I'm a property lawyer.

Tasmanian Government.

We will be privatised in next decade as will all States/Territories imo.

Lots of money to be made.
MercuryT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2021, 06:06 PM   #15
MercuryT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige View Post
/read in grandpa simpson voice
Slowsnake is a million times better poster than you.
Old 04-09-2021, 08:35 PM   #16
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

I have great reservations about this change; it will surely result in cost creep for necessary dealings - maybe even pro-rated if they’re cheeky (or brazen). Plus the timeliness and accessibility, cost burden of remedy if (should that be when?) the title or DB is subject to malicious interference.
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 04-09-2021, 11:57 PM   #17
zilo
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake View Post
I

Cheers Billy
Meh...got 4 titles in the draw, just scraps of laser printed paper.

A few years back we bought a unit in Sydney...we did our own conveyancing, including the FHB grant.

We ran around between the city and paramatta....they all said the same thing...your conveyencer should be doing this for you...yeah right...1500 bucks for jack sheet.

Now here is the problem, you cant do your own conveyancing with the new system, you need a login to their system.
And only those in the club get a login....that is the problem as I see it.

2 users like this post:
Old 05-09-2021, 12:00 AM   #18
zilo
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercuryT View Post
I'm a property lawyer.

Tasmanian Government.

We will be privatised in next decade as will all States/Territories imo.

Lots of money to be made.

The sooner the better, the whole Tasmanian public service is run by angry menopausal man hating women.

2 users like this post:
Old 05-09-2021, 12:06 AM   #19
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pis-ton broke View Post
"The Torrens Title Register has always been and will continue to be the single source of truth as to the ownership of a person’s home. The Torrens Title Register is securely stored and backed up by both NSW Land Registry Services and the Office of the Registrar General. "

that is not very reassuring for me. govco department **** up big time, blood hopeless mob.
It's always been a problem for humans!......
Picking the lesser of two evils!......they have us held tightly by the " gonads "

Cheers Billy

Me signing off, I can hear my bed calling my name, Zzzzzzz..
Old 05-09-2021, 12:11 AM   #20
MercuryT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilo View Post
The sooner the better, the whole Tasmanian public service is run by angry menopausal man hating women.
Nah.

The women at work are fantastic.

They also get treated extremely well (rightly so)