Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 16-09-2021, 12:08 PM   #14941
Work Horse
Budget Racer

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal View Post
Frankly we need to get the second jabs done in the right time and IMO the conversation needs to be focus on making sure as many people as possible can see their family for Christmas (or sooner).
Another protest planned for Melbourne this weekend should help...
Old 16-09-2021, 12:13 PM   #14942
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT September 15th 2021.

Note: As not all Australian States report at the same time, the data below is based on the previous full day reporting.

1,651 new cases for Australia and 14 deaths so the CMR is 1.420%.

15 new cases and no deaths for NZ so CMR is 0.678%.

The UK had a higher 29,873 cases yesterday and higher 201 deaths for a CMR of 1.841%.

A higher 169,402 new cases in the USA yesterday and higher 2,342 deaths sees CMR at 1.613%.

Other notable points:
Global cases pass 217M, the last 1M in 2 days;

No countries
... recorded new highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

No countries move above the 90th percentile for the 10 day period while Myanmar drops below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

This user likes this post:
Old 16-09-2021, 02:43 PM   #14943
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

I've been looking for a nice simple way to show comparative performance of the various countries and I think the charts below might be a good way to show it.

The data used is the delta between the case number 90th percentile for each of the counties being watched and their 10-day case load average, expressed as a percentage.

Thus 100% or above is bad as it means the current case load is above the 90th percentile and correspondingly, the smaller the percentage, the better the country is currently faring.

For simplicity, I've shown the 100%+ in reddish shades, the 95%-99% in orange and the rest in green.

First up are some targeted countries followed by other countries we watch, by continent.

Observatio Facta Rotae

4 users like this post:
Old 16-09-2021, 03:06 PM   #14944
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Work Horse View Post
Another protest planned for Melbourne this weekend should help...
It will either be a fizzer or the sparks will fly; the government and police are actively trying to suppress it.
Old 16-09-2021, 03:31 PM   #14945
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsme View Post
It will either be a fizzer or the sparks will fly; the government and police are actively trying to suppress it.
The BLM protest was all ok though. But how dare anyone try to protest the government.
6 users like this post:
Old 16-09-2021, 03:43 PM   #14946
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsme View Post
One thing NSW actually handled better last time around They even shut down uber, which is interesting, under what cause can you shut down a private business when they haven't done anything wrong?

So from tomorrow I can have a picnic with another household, but only if they live within 20kms...10ks each side.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
3 users like this post:
Old 16-09-2021, 04:08 PM   #14947
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So now Dan the man has taken another step to making vaccines mandatory by starting with building industry,so most other trades will follow
4 users like this post:
Old 16-09-2021, 04:38 PM   #14948
GO FURTHER
Donating Member3

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Fitting New Iridium Plugs & the state of the old ones - (Photo Essay) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
So from tomorrow I can have a picnic with another household, but only if they live within 20kms...10ks each side.
Yes and no.
Depends if you are fully vaccinated if more than 2 adults.

Yes
.. You and one other person from another household can have a picnic outdoors, whether you are fully vaccinated or not.

No
... If your picnic or outdoor gathering is more than 2 adults, (up to 5 adults allowed) then ALL adults need to be fully vaccinated.
4 users like this post:
Old 16-09-2021, 05:50 PM   #14949
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GO FURTHER View Post
Yes and no.
Depends if you are fully vaccinated if more than 2 adults.

Yes
.. You and one other person from another household can have a picnic outdoors, whether you are fully vaccinated or not.

No
... If your picnic or outdoor gathering is more than 2 adults, (up to 5 adults allowed) then ALL adults need to be fully vaccinated.
Yep, been double vaxed now for 2 months.

Now....is that up to 5 persons per each instance or day? e.g. Can I do 1hr "picnic" in the morning with a household then a 1hr BBQ in the aftenoon with another. Then go for a 2hr run with a 3rd household. Assuming we are all fully vaxed.

Rides (past and present)
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

2 users like this post:
Old 16-09-2021, 06:05 PM   #14950
Work Horse
Budget Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
The BLM protest was all ok though. But how dare anyone try to protest the government.
I believe the organisers of BLM where fine for breaching the directions of the Chief Health Officer.

An anti; government, self-isolating, tracking apps and 5G protest was staged in Melbourne a full month before BLM.

People have the freedom to protest. Some people want freedom from the consequences of their actions.

I suspect arrests have little to do with which cause you support. People who go out of their way to engage in violence and damage to public property find themselves attracting the most attention. I think that’s the point.
Old 16-09-2021, 06:12 PM   #14951
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassie f100 View Post
So now Dan the man has taken another step to making vaccines mandatory by starting with building industry,so most other trades will follow
Making vaccinations mandatory is a snowball, no getting away from it....

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
2 users like this post:
Old 16-09-2021, 06:56 PM   #14952
burnz
VFII SS UTE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cU3dER3YxmU
Old 16-09-2021, 07:48 PM   #14953
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnz View Post
I had my suspicions that those two were up to something behind our backs........

NSW and Vic unite to streamline vaccine passport technology

https://www.skynews.com.au/australia...5c6ce83a17fdce

Rides (past and present)

3 users like this post:
Old 16-09-2021, 08:41 PM   #14954
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
I had my suspicions that those two were up to something behind our backs........

https://www.skynews.com.au/australia...5c6ce83a17fdce
Gotta love Sky news.

No press release just an 'exclusive' from Sky, and no mention on 9 7 or the ABC news sites?
Old 16-09-2021, 08:47 PM   #14955
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Yes, it’s like the gossip grade relationship nonsense on commercial news sites “As told to <our reporter>”…
Old 16-09-2021, 09:26 PM   #14956
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
Gotta love Sky news.

No press release just an 'exclusive' from Sky, and no mention on 9 7 or the ABC news sites?
Looking at the source, I don't find it hard to believe that Sky would get the exclusive first Putting aside the debate on whether vaccine passport is right or wrong, it would actually make sense to have a unified system that every state and territory can recognise.

And dagnamit, just found out no picnics here until Satday, thought it was tomorrow....#@!%!%!

Rides (past and present)

Old 16-09-2021, 09:53 PM   #14957
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Quote:
…Putting aside the debate on whether vaccine passport is right or wrong, it would actually make sense to have a unified system that every state and territory can recognise.
Indeed. Maybe some system where everyone over sixteen could get a personalised card, which facilitated access to medical history?
Old 16-09-2021, 10:05 PM   #14958
Jack91
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Things are getting pretty serious now.. Amazing scenes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBGIQ7ZuuiU

Last edited by Jack91; 16-09-2021 at 10:13 PM.
Old 17-09-2021, 08:46 AM   #14959
zilo
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
Gotta love Sky news.

If it was on the oestrogen overload channel I wouldn't have clicked on your link.

(It's the red triangle with exclamation mark on the left)
Old 17-09-2021, 08:51 AM   #14960
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack91 View Post
Things are getting pretty serious now..

Well my local shopping centre vaccination hub in Perth, they have utilised an empty shop in a small 15 shop plus Woolworths, but more than 1000 car parking bays, is now useless for me, as I can't park just to shop for basics

Fair dinkum, this AFL game here in Perth is a joke!.......

Cheers Billy
Old 17-09-2021, 08:57 AM   #14961
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Indeed. Maybe some system where everyone over sixteen could get a personalised card, which facilitated access to medical history?
How is your vax digital cert generated? Here I had to go to My Gov, link up Medicare, then download the cert, which would indicate it is generated by Medicare and not state based? All too confusing....

Rides (past and present)

2 users like this post:
Old 17-09-2021, 08:59 AM   #14962
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake View Post
Well my local shopping centre vaccination hub in Perth, they have utilised an empty shop in a small 15 shop plus Woolworths, but more than 1000 car parking bays, is now useless for me, as I can't park just to shop for basics

Fair dinkum, this AFL game here in Perth is a joke!.......

Cheers Billy
Mate, soak it in, enjoy it. It will literally be a once in a life time event Ridiculous that they won't allow the parade in a covid free environment though.

Its coming home to Vic next year!!

Rides (past and present)

Old 17-09-2021, 09:16 AM   #14963
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Mate, soak it in, enjoy it. It will literally be a once in a life time event Ridiculous that they won't allow the parade in a covid free environment though.

Its coming home to Vic next year!!
Cancelling the parade is certainly strange, odd even, but apparently it was to do with the AFL not Perth, who stated recently it was a security issue, not sure what that meant, security for whom, the players or the punters or both, I seem to think they expected a terrorist attack, not a covid attack!

I don't follow footy so I don't care, but for those who do it's a slap in their faces, sad, sad and even more sad

Cheers Billy
Old 17-09-2021, 09:28 AM   #14964
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Quote:
How is your vax digital cert generated? Here I had to go to My Gov, link up Medicare, then download the cert, which would indicate it is generated by Medicare and not state based? All too confusing....
It has nothing really to do with the states, it's the Australian Immunisation Register (AIR) and you don't need to add yourself to the AIR, If you're enrolled in Medicare, you’ll already be on the AIR...and if not a member of Medicare you will be added to the AIR when a recognised vaccination provider tells them they've given you an immunisation.

Originally it was the Australian Childhood Immunisation Register (ACIR) and was a national data register, established in 1996, that records details of vaccinations given to children under seven years of age who live in Australia and are enrolled in Medicare.

In September 2016, the ACIR expanded to become the Australian Immunisation Register (AIR), a national register that records vaccinations given to people of all ages in Australia.

Until COVID most people enrolled in Medicare (and those not in Medicare) didn't even know they were on the register.......

Not confusing at all, if you knew about it

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
6 users like this post:
Old 17-09-2021, 09:31 AM   #14965
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator

Even if it were true (which is not a given based on the source), I actually don't have an issue with it. Frankly, whatever proof of vaccination is going to be needed in the future world should be a federal responsibility so that we don't have to download a different app for very State but it already looks like that horse has bolted with the individual states all vacuuming up more of our tax dollars for apps that will be less than effective.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 17-09-2021, 11:20 AM   #14966
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

NSW/VIC

NSW records 1,286 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate decreases fractionally to 1.0118 (from 1.0119) while the actual line is now level with the predictive trend line and based on the 4th order polynomial, that trend line now has a downward curve.

VIC records 511 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate decreases slightly to 1.0998 (from 1.0993) while the actual line is back slightly below the predictive trend line.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 17-09-2021, 11:43 AM   #14967
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

The tracking charts are a daily highlight.

Can we have another VIC/NSW superposition graph, please?
2 users like this post:
Old 17-09-2021, 12:05 PM   #14968
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT September 16th 2021.

Note: As not all Australian States report at the same time, the data below is based on the previous full day reporting.

1,833 new cases for Australia and 12 deaths so the CMR is 1.403%.

18 new cases and no deaths for NZ so CMR is 0.675%.

The UK had 26,326 cases yesterday and higher 158 deaths for a CMR of 1.837%.

167,364 new cases in the USA yesterday and 3,866 deaths sees CMR at 1.616%.

Other notable points:
North America passes 51M cases;

Syria (179);
Grenada (292); and
Angola (420)

... recorded new highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

Moldova moves above the 90th percentile for the 10 day period while no countries drop below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 17-09-2021, 12:10 PM   #14969
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Bearing in mind that because of the longer period this is only a 2nd order polynomial trend line, here is the current comparison...

Observatio Facta Rotae

3 users like this post:
Old 17-09-2021, 01:18 PM   #14970
slowsnake
Banned

Hello Russell, any chance during all your statistics searches you could have a look at an isolated small island?
Am asking you to look at the Isle of Man, in the Irish Sea, it has a population of only 84,500 people and covers approx 570 sq klm.

Being in between Ireland and the UK which are covid positive, the IOM is supposedly covid free!

Any chance of having a look mate!

Cheers Billy

Last edited by slowsnake; 17-09-2021 at 01:19 PM. Reason: Add bit
Closed Thread