Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 12-09-2021, 10:24 AM   #3691
slowsnake
Banned

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Uno Quattro Sette - I’ve had four of them now.
Cool bananas........

Cheers Billy
slowsnake is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2021, 10:39 AM   #3692
slowsnake
Banned

Ya know what I hate most of all ( besides women bashers) is bloody "ingrates".
I mentioned recently that I did an oil change and filter on my 70 year old neighbours Hyundai Accent!....think she was grateful?....well at first she was, one tappet sounded like a hammer on a metal pipe, told her I would fix that with an oilchange, explained as best I could how hydraulic tappets worked!....

Put her car on my low ramps, now I said to all of em that after Pat's car I can't help anymore, not physically anyway, I saved her $150 bucks, I don't charge anything, except " thank you" I just ask for a thank you, which I got by the way!
I noticed that there was oil under the engine, it's an auto, I saw her transaxle was very oily, seemed it was a big hose not a boot, with a clamp around it!

I worked on left of motor, wiped it down with a rag, job finished I thought, I rolled it off the ramps, opened hatch to get oil container, as I let go of hatch it fell back onto my arms, near flattened me, so top up oil, start car and tappet noise slowly vanished, it sat purring like a kitten, beautiful to hear!
Took it back next door, she's happy, I said about gas strut failure, she said they just stopped working, I said they worked fine when I fixed her car before?

Anyway, got the VIN number etc, put her onto my online go to seller, she orders new struts, fine, all's good, I said that when I was under her car it was very oily on right side, ( I worked on left ) she said she had a gasket replaced a year ago, fine, I also told her the struts don't both give out that quickly, usually they just get harder to lift up!...both were just dead, no gas at all.

I asked her about an accident she had about a month before, I asked where her car was, she said a woman run into the front right guard, only a little ding?
I said why not drive it home?....oh it had to be towed!....OK I think, both rear gas struts devoid/empty of gas and leak in transaxle, must of been some hit I said, oh no it was just a little hit!....I said you don't get a car towed to a panel beater for a week to get a little ding fixed!

End result......she will not talk to me because she said it wasn't leaking or dripping oil before I did oil change/filter?
It drips exactly where I saw the oil on rightside, so everytime she drives it and comes back home a new drip appears, same one but she parks a little differently each time.
I said you dident have a little "bingle" you got a sharp hard hit, I said it blew the gas out of your hatch struts, and more than likely caused gasket/cement to fail?.....now get the insurer to fix it, but she blames me, and I really hate that!....Ingrate!

Cheers Billy
Old 13-09-2021, 10:49 AM   #3693
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Does she get on the turps? It’s a good example of someone in denial about their actions.
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2021, 11:09 AM   #3694
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

She doesn't deserve your help. Bottom dweller was the term you used wasn't it?

See post #3679 Billy
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2021, 11:29 AM   #3695
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71V8 View Post
Cant help everyone Cheery Billy
I know, but my efforts are always in good faith, nothing financial for me, I enjoy helping others, since i was a kid and never stopped!..

Cheers Billy
Old 13-09-2021, 11:33 AM   #3696
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Does she get on the turps? It’s a good example of someone in denial about their actions.
Yes I think she does, her and one of my other neighbours, always quaffing wine, but only occasionally I think, they just go to each others units with a 3rd girl, I don't drink so can't really say, but you are both right in your assumptions, sooner they say nothing, show some respect for my efforts!

Cheers Billy
Old 13-09-2021, 11:39 AM   #3697
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71V8 View Post
She doesn't deserve your help. Bottom dweller was the term you used wasn't it?

See post #3679 Billy
That was Mel, she turned up asking for food?...not money, not baccy but tucker!
Cooked her a feed, filled 2 shopping bags for her from my pantry and fridge, that's the bottom dweller, Pat lives at 10 fathoms and Five Bells lol.

Cheers Billy
This user likes this post:
Old 13-09-2021, 01:57 PM   #3698
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

As some of you may have seen previously in the pets folder, my daughter raises Guinea pigs and has been doing so for quite a few years now. As a result, we've seen a few runts struggle to survive and some even die.

One of my daughters mums gave birth to a litter of four late last week; one was a big boof but there was also a very tiny one. My daughter decided to hand rear this one, getting up through the last few nights to feed it at 3 to 4 hour intervals. As a result, she was getting very tired, so I offered to do the late feed so that she could get a decent block of sleep.

Well, the feed at 11 all went well. Put them in my daughters room and shuffled off to bed. Got woken up at 1230 by a distraught daughter saying the runt was not doing well. She died a few hours later. My daughter was so distraught she got no sleep last night. I only got a couple of hours myself.

My daughters such a softie that even after all her experience, she's still touched by the passing of a little critter. Wish I could have done more to save the little one so that I didn't have to see my daughter in that state.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 13-09-2021, 02:10 PM   #3699
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

know the feeling, sympathy with you all.
Old 13-09-2021, 02:33 PM   #3700
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
My daughters such a softie that even after all her experience, she's still touched by the passing of a little critter. Wish I could have done more to save the little one so that I didn't have to see my daughter in that state.

Mmmm, I'm 68 years old and am still the same way I was as a child, I hope age never changes her, like me, good on both of you!

Cheers Billy
2 users like this post:
Old 13-09-2021, 02:56 PM   #3701
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
As some of you may have seen previously in the pets folder, my daughter raises Guinea pigs and has been doing so for quite a few years now. As a result, we've seen a few runts struggle to survive and some even die.

One of my daughters mums gave birth to a litter of four late last week; one was a big boof but there was also a very tiny one. My daughter decided to hand rear this one, getting up through the last few nights to feed it at 3 to 4 hour intervals. As a result, she was getting very tired, so I offered to do the late feed so that she could get a decent block of sleep.

Well, the feed at 11 all went well. Put them in my daughters room and shuffled off to bed. Got woken up at 1230 by a distraught daughter saying the runt was not doing well. She died a few hours later. My daughter was so distraught she got no sleep last night. I only got a couple of hours myself.

Yeah it is sad when something like that happens,but it also shows young children that animals and sometimes family members do get very sick and die.As a bit of an aside one of our cats got run over on the road. Missus tried to let young daughter down gently by saying the cat had died and gone to heaven.6 y.o daughters reply was “no it hasn’t it’s lying flattened on the side of the road outside ****** house.So how do you answer that one?
Tassie f100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 20-09-2021, 12:21 PM   #3702
slowsnake
Banned

Geez I hate it when I make a decision and others in authority try to sway me away from my personal choices, tell me "oh you are wrong" yet I feel my choice is right!

Why is my opinion worthless one day and worthwhile the next!..

Cheers Billy

Cheers Billy
2 users like this post:
Old 20-09-2021, 11:05 PM   #3703
slowsnake
Banned

Geez I hate trolls, follow a certain person posting, enthusiastically posting, and the troll comes along and having nil thread input hits "report"

Cheers Billy
Old 21-09-2021, 01:12 AM   #3704
marty351
Shenanigans..............

I hate that too!
marty351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-09-2021, 12:08 PM   #3705
slowsnake
Banned

Thanks Marty, glad I'm not on my own there, but I just cannot tolerate such underhandedness!.......sign of a weak character, just as easy to post a reply and say what you think, that's what forums are, a place to debate!

Cheers Billy
Old 22-09-2021, 05:58 PM   #3706
.:4:.
Kicking back

Calling the bank. Being on hold for half an hour just to have the issue resolved in under 2 minutes. 100% its not the call centre persons fault, they just work there so im never rude to them, but seriously, 2pm on a wednesday, how backed up can the phonelines be? I picked that time assuming that the majority of people requesting replacement atm cards have better things to spend their time.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 22-09-2021, 09:38 PM   #3707
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Not sold on iOS 15 yet. It’s trying too hard to be extra helpful; shades of Clippy. Plus the walking speed isn’t calculating right. 😤
Old 23-09-2021, 11:44 AM   #3708
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moi View Post
Not sold on iOS 15 yet. It’s trying too hard to be extra helpful; shades of Clippy. Plus the walking speed isn’t calculating right. 😤
Plus, moving the “X” to close a browser window, to the opposite corner - why?

Also hating that I caught an occasional acquaintance with his hat off yesterday, it revealed that he’s having chemo - poor bugger has lost every strand of hair; head, face, eyebrows, arms. I knew he was dealing with cancer but thought it was in hand eighteen months ago. He wants to get straight on his bike after restrictions ease, but I worry he’s lost the strength to ride safely.
Old 23-09-2021, 04:42 PM   #3709
Kicking back

So i got a new menu from my local italian joint. So they discontinued the potato pie pizza. Id ordered it twice, its proper good, but sounds horrid on paper. Gravy on a pizza? Yes its the deffinition of savory or booring, but they did it good. I assume nobody else didn't have the same sentiment. They've replaced it with something kind of similar, bbq sauce instead of gravy, same mash but a few extra meats on top.
So yeah, I'll give that a go tonight. I'll form an official opinion then. Going from savoury to sweet and savoury, thats the part I'll have to work out.
3 users like this post:
Old 23-09-2021, 09:01 PM   #3710
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
So i got a new menu from my local italian joint. So they discontinued the potato pie pizza. Id ordered it twice, its proper good, but sounds horrid on paper. Gravy on a pizza? Yes its the deffinition of savory or booring, but they did it good. I assume nobody else didn't have the same sentiment. They've replaced it with something kind of similar, bbq sauce instead of gravy, same mash but a few extra meats on top.
So yeah, I'll give that a go tonight. I'll form an official opinion then. Going from savoury to sweet and savoury, thats the part I'll have to work out.
Ordered the potato turns out abomination pizza. No further comment.
3 users like this post:
Old 23-09-2021, 09:11 PM   #3711
slowsnake
Banned

Was going to reply to your first post, and tell you it sounds like an abomination!.....fair dinkum, that was before your second post!..

Cheers Billy
3 users like this post:
Old 24-09-2021, 01:40 PM   #3712
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Remembering its a F un Public holiday here when I was about to leave for the quarry.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-09-2021, 01:43 PM   #3713
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Ordered the potato turns out abomination pizza. No further comment.
I reckon I could have told you that before you ordered it in the first place.

2 users like this post:
Old 24-09-2021, 01:59 PM   #3714
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
I reckon I could have told you that before you ordered it in the first place.
Sometimes you have to take a risk to get a reward. The gravy and mash pizza was good even though it sounded horrid on paper. But the changes they made i did think about before ordering. This italian joint is top notch. Never had a bum meal. So i went with faith on that one. But you never know untill you try it. If youve never tried something you dont know if you dont like it. Kind of like jam and cheese on toast. Before i tried that i would have blindly said i dont like it. I only tried it because my grandpa loves it. I wouldn't say i love it, but its not a bad combo.
I do have one mate who wont try anything he thinks he wont like. Example being beetroot. He has never even had it, so how can you form an opinion? Another being pork. And thats not a religious thing, and most of us know pigs are the mirical meat. Pork, ham, bacon, bacon steaks, ham steaks, speck, ribs.....
Old 24-09-2021, 02:10 PM   #3715
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Sometimes you have to take a risk to get a reward. The gravy and mash pizza was good even though it sounded horrid on paper. ..
They served it on paper ?

I thought I ordered the weirdest things on menu's but that has got to be the worst.

I remember ordering deep fried Camembert with Rasberry Jus from a flash restaurant in Kiama. When the waiter asked me what I thought about it, I replied, "Thats the best jam donut I've ever eaten'....he and my partner were mortified.

5 users like this post:
Old 24-09-2021, 02:24 PM   #3716
Kicking back

Quote:
They served it on paper ?

I thought I ordered the weirdest things on menu's but that has got to be the worst.

I remember ordering deep fried Camembert with Rasberry Jus from a flash restaurant in Kiama. When the waiter asked me what I thought about it, I replied, "Thats the best jam donut I've ever eaten'....he and my partner were mortified.
Well, it did come in a pizza box so thats sort of like paper.
But if you dont try things out of the 'norm' you kind of limit things.
Years ago i was at a fancy restaurant in the city with my dad and his country bumkin wife. So as an entree i ordered the beef guspatio. My old mans wife said she'd be up for that not knowing what it was. She refused to try it because it didnt look very cooked. I knew what it was, it was worth the $40 even if it was just a couple of slices of raw beef seasoned with citrus. Any chef wont make you something if they know it will give you food poisoning. But hey, it was more for me..
Old 24-09-2021, 02:30 PM   #3717
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Any chef wont make you something if they know it will give you food poisoning. .
No, never happen.

3 users like this post:
Old 24-09-2021, 05:31 PM   #3718
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Well, it did come in a pizza box so thats sort of like paper.
But if you dont try things out of the 'norm' you kind of limit things.
Years ago i was at a fancy restaurant in the city with my dad and his country bumkin wife. So as an entree i ordered the beef guspatio. My old mans wife said she'd be up for that not knowing what it was. She refused to try it because it didnt look very cooked. I knew what it was, it was worth the $40 even if it was just a couple of slices of raw beef seasoned with citrus. Any chef wont make you something if they know it will give you food poisoning. But hey, it was more for me..
You mean beefpacho? It will be cooked to whatever level you want
Tassie f100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-09-2021, 06:01 PM   #3719
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Love it
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 24-09-2021, 08:40 PM   #3720
slowsnake
Banned

I'm getting sick just reading about your tucker, never mind tasting it, meat and 3 vege for me, ( when I had teeth )......

Cheers Billy