Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 30-07-2015, 03:15 PM   #31
FalconXV
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: If Ford Aust did design an 8th generation Falcon, what would it look like?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevsta007 View Post
No mate, I'm saying let it go.

If it ever came back it would be a FWD sedan, and there's a fantastic looking New larger Mondeo there already

Keep soaring with the eagles in the clouds
Well I for one thought it was a good, imaginative exercise. Ford is going to lose a lot of loyalists Mustang and Mondeo aside, and to me it just highlights a flaw of One Ford. I accept its just globalisation and its happening everywhere, but whats the harm in speculating 'what if'?
FalconXV is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 30-07-2015, 05:44 PM   #32
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: If Ford Aust did design an 8th generation Falcon, what would it look like?

This is how I would have done if another generation were to be given the go ahead. None of this "they should do triple supercharged 16.5litre V10 sportwagon with AWD and 12 speed manual stuff".

-First, I think a new generation Falcon should be a bit smaller than the current model. Not too much, but trim the bulk, make it a bit more wieldy.

-Use the basic building blocks from the new Mustang to save development cost. Front and rear suspension modules. Engine compartment and front crash structure. Electrical systems and infotainment. Pare this with a sedan floor pan and any other items necessary.

-Use a variety of engines already available. 2.0 EcoBoost, 2.0 TDCi, 3.7 V6, 3.5 EcoBoost and the 5.0 V8. Team with new 10 Speed auto that's in the pipeline for future Fords.

-Styling to be influenced by the Lincoln Continental concept from the Detroit Auto Show this year. Both interior and Exterior.

Now here is the clever bit. To ensure sufficient volume to justify the investment in an all-new RWD Ford sedan, for the US market it would be badged as a Lincoln, a premium RWD replacement for the current Fusion based MKC sedan. For other markets, Australia of course, it would be badged Ford Falcon. I would then also have a stretched/LWB version badged Lincoln Continental for the US and Ford Fairlane for Australia. This version would also be highly targeted at the Chinese market due to their preference for LWB sedans.

None of what I have outlined above is "pie in the sky'' stuff. YES it would take a fair wack of investment to get it up and running, but its a plan that would have used the vast resources of the Ford empire and created a halo product that would have benefitted both the Ford and struggling Lincoln brands.

I hope this is what the OP had in mind.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 30-07-2015, 05:47 PM   #33
maat1985

given the look of the fgx in comparison to a mondeo it would certainly just look like a larger next gen mondeo..... and therefore pointless....
maat1985 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 30-07-2015, 05:59 PM   #34
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Once I recall getting a bath soap in the shape of a Porsche. This would have been 25 or 30 years ago now.

Looked like this:

May sound stupid, but as it was being used, it slowly transformed into what would become the next generation of Porsche:

Then the one after that:

You want to know what the next Falcon could have looked like, make one out of soap and use it a few times ;)

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 30-07-2015, 06:16 PM   #35
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Something like this?

Last edited by marty351; 29-03-2017 at 01:11 PM.
marty351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2015, 06:21 PM   #36
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

rebadged slightly restyled longer wheelbase mustang sedan anyone ?
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2015, 07:44 PM   #37
MAGPIE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

MAGPIE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 30-07-2015, 08:53 PM   #38
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
This is how I would have done if another generation were to be given the go ahead. None of this "they should do triple supercharged 16.5litre V10 sportwagon with AWD and 12 speed manual stuff".

-First, I think a new generation Falcon should be a bit smaller than the current model. Not too much, but trim the bulk, make it a bit more wieldy.

-Use the basic building blocks from the new Mustang to save development cost. Front and rear suspension modules. Engine compartment and front crash structure. Electrical systems and infotainment. Pare this with a sedan floor pan and any other items necessary.

-Use a variety of engines already available. 2.0 EcoBoost, 2.0 TDCi, 3.7 V6, 3.5 EcoBoost and the 5.0 V8. Team with new 10 Speed auto that's in the pipeline for future Fords.

-Styling to be influenced by the Lincoln Continental concept from the Detroit Auto Show this year. Both interior and Exterior.

Now here is the clever bit. To ensure sufficient volume to justify the investment in an all-new RWD Ford sedan, for the US market it would be badged as a Lincoln, a premium RWD replacement for the current Fusion based MKC sedan. For other markets, Australia of course, it would be badged Ford Falcon. I would then also have a stretched/LWB version badged Lincoln Continental for the US and Ford Fairlane for Australia. This version would also be highly targeted at the Chinese market due to their preference for LWB sedans.

None of what I have outlined above is "pie in the sky'' stuff. YES it would take a fair wack of investment to get it up and running, but its a plan that would have used the vast resources of the Ford empire and created a halo product that would have benefitted both the Ford and struggling Lincoln brands.

Pretty much what the Global RWD program was going to be, before the GFC came along and scuttled it. What might have been
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2015, 09:25 PM   #39
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Knowing Ford Australia, this could've been considered a possibility.

Last edited by marty351; 29-03-2017 at 01:11 PM.
marty351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 31-07-2015, 12:39 AM   #40
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
Nope. Just a picture or series of pictures.

My cars

Current ride
2016 FG X XR6 - 6 speed manual

Previous rides
2009 FG XR6 - 6 speed auto
2006 BF MkII XT ESP - 6 speed auto
2003 BA XT V8 - 5 speed manual
1999 AU Forte - 5 speed manual
1997 EL Fairmont - 4 speed auto
1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - 4 speed auto
Syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2015, 05:48 PM   #41
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'd like to see the next gen Falcon lose the 'fish mouth' grille of global One Ford and develop the FG1 styling, which looks the nicest of the FG's. Maybe more curved body a la Jag XJ, Merc CLS '4 door coupe' theme, but keep the Australian styling cues. I reckon the 'fish mouth' grilles hold the product back in Australia.
Old 31-07-2015, 07:21 PM   #42
Cav
HUGH JARSE
Donating Member2

福特猎鹰是不是死了。中国以德救援

Last edited by Cav; 23-12-2015 at 07:08 AM.
Cav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2015, 07:46 PM   #43
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav View Post
福特猎鹰是不是死了。中国以德救援
You could be right Cav, the Ford Falcon might not be dead
Old 01-08-2015, 09:42 AM   #44
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cav View Post
福特猎鹰是不是死了。中国以德救援
为什么人们不断地从原来的话题偏离?猎鹰已经死了。

My cars

Current ride

Previous rides
Old 01-08-2015, 10:21 AM   #45
new2ford
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

These are the only cars on the market that could possibly replace the Falcon in every respect!

Old 01-08-2015, 01:38 PM   #46
Cav
HUGH JARSE
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndrome View Post
为什么人们不断地从原来的话题偏离?猎鹰已经死了。
猎鹰死了。万岁猎鹰
Cav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2020, 04:43 PM   #47
FalconXV
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

https://www.top10cars.com.au/can-com...n-design-idea/

Last edited by FalconXV; 21-03-2020 at 04:49 PM.
FalconXV is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 21-03-2020, 04:52 PM   #48
FalconXV
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

https://www.instagram.com/explore/ta...signchallenge/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BfFbw_2lfXf/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BfMtCxslB5j/

(apologies, not sure how to upload these as images)
Old 21-03-2020, 04:55 PM   #49
FalconXV
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Old 21-03-2020, 07:48 PM   #50
MercuryT
Banned

image[/QUOTE]

I'd buy that........

My Greyhounds need a wagon though.

Can you do a Wagon version?
MercuryT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2020, 09:29 PM   #51
Nu66et
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Is that supposed to be RS GT or RS 6T?
Nu66et is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2020, 09:43 PM   #52
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconXV View Post
Looks a lot like a stinger
Tassie f100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2020, 12:06 PM   #53
FalconXV
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercuryT View Post
I'd buy that........

My Greyhounds need a wagon though.

Can you do a Wagon version?[/QUOTE]

That blue pic isn't mine- it's from drive.com.au c.2016. I have attempted a wagon with very elementary Photoshop skills, which have developed since that (admittedly crap) attempt. I will have another crack soon.
Old 22-03-2020, 12:29 PM   #54
roddy1960
Donating Member
Donating Member2

I don't totally get American humour like some do so I'm not sure if this crowd is taking the urine or whether they were kind of serious at the time but anyway it's fun to watch ...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITdw-DM6kgY&t=214s.
A few tech mistakes and all I think .

Last edited by roddy1960; 22-03-2020 at 12:36 PM.
roddy1960 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2020, 01:41 PM   #55
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Finally! It only took 5 years and 47 posts.

My cars

Current ride

Previous rides
Old 22-03-2020, 01:44 PM   #56
arronm
BA/F6 BF/F6 SSV/R TTG

Nizpro equipped and Tuned by the BEST in the west
Xtreme Ford Tuning

479RwKw Fuel limited, more pumps and power too come.

F6#0507 & #0639 Pro racer and Tech expert

NIZPRO modifying falcons like Premcar can only dream of , see VIDEO below.
https://youtu.be/oa4IfguGQ-A
arronm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2020, 01:50 PM   #57
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Respectful admiration for the Falcon but the moment and desire has well and truly passed.
Plans for CD6 based sedan was killed off nearly four years ago just as Falcon was ending
Ford won't spend money on cars let alone HP sedans when BEVs are knocking on the door.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2020, 02:33 PM   #58
FalconXV
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
Respectful admiration for the Falcon but the moment and desire has well and truly passed.
Plans for CD6 based sedan was killed off nearly four years ago just as Falcon was ending
Ford won't spend money on cars let alone HP sedans when BEVs are knocking on the door.
Yes that is patently obvious to everyone. What's the harm of hypothetical speculation? I suppose this would be the car nerd's equivalent of writing fan fiction. Everyone knows it's never going to happen just let people enjoy things.
Old 22-03-2020, 06:18 PM   #59
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconXV View Post
Yes that is patently obvious to everyone. What's the harm of hypothetical speculation? I suppose this would be the car nerd's equivalent of writing fan fiction. Everyone knows it's never going to happen just let people enjoy things.
I was actually refering to Roddy's post about the American YouTube of our Falcons
but by the time I replied I didn't quote him, sorry for confusion, not a lot shot at posters.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2020, 06:28 PM   #60
FalconXV
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
I was actually refering to Roddy's post about the American YouTube of our Falcons
but by the time I replied I didn't quote him, sorry for confusion, not a lot shot at posters.
My apologies for misinterpreting your post and defensive response.