Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 24-04-2009, 11:39 PM   #61
TheColonel

Do you have the bluetooth option? do you have a bluetooth phone? Just curious
Old 25-04-2009, 11:40 PM   #62
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugsley_12

Surely Ford should just come clean and explain to owners what the problem is or whether an official recall is required.
Well it appears they don't know what is the problem! :togo:

apstar
apstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2009, 11:33 AM   #63
Pugsley_12
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheColonel
Do you have the bluetooth option? do you have a bluetooth phone? Just curious
Yes, I;ve got the blue tooth option and quite often I have my phone switched on and connected to the car.

However, its weird how this has been fine for over a year and its only starting to play up now.

The car went back to my Ford dealership today, however, the service manager I've been dealing with is off sick and everyone else seems to be clueless. Also, there electrician only works Mon, Wed & Fri so its a bit of a waste of time even taking it in today.

It appears that I'll need a new Body Control Module, but now doubt I'll probably be without the car for another week yet again.

I'll see how the next couple of days go and whether they order in a new BCM, otherwise I'll be taking the car to another dealership who is interested in find a solution to my problem.
Pugsley_12 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2009, 11:19 PM   #64
ED8192
Starter Motor

I have owned my XR5 since 2007 All has been good apart from tyre problems that Continental are looking in to. Thursday night my son used the car and when he got out and locked it he walked away about 10 metres when the car started up on its own, he went back to the car, opened it and turned it off. He played tennis for 3 hours, came back started the car and drove home but on the way home the car turned itself off in the middle of the road, he managed to roll the car out of harms way.
This went on all the way home, luckily it was after 11 at night and the roads were quiet.
At 2 in the morning the alarm went off and again 20 minutes later and again 20 minutes later until we left the car unlocked it stopped.
I spoke to Ford cust and they wouldn't even get the car picked up, even though by now we couldn't even start the car for more than 30 seconds.
Eventually the dealer sent a tow truck and they have the car, they say it started 3 times on its own while they had it, they say they cant do anything till Monday

STAY TUNED!!! : : : : :
ED8192 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2009, 11:07 AM   #65
DRU842
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Pugsley, if your in Sydney the Service Manager at Domilelli's is very familiar with the problem & more importantly the fix.
2017 Mustang Lightening Blue, Cobb Intercooler, CAI, AccessPort, Turbo Blanket & V2 Exhaust, Mishimoto Down-Pipe & Overflow Tank, GFB DV+, Custom CRD Tune. Ford Performance Short Throw Shifter & Strut Brace. DBA T3 Brakes & Pads. Braided Brake Lines. H&R Coilovers. Anderson CF Track Pack Spoiler & Tailgate Panel. Blue CF/Leather Steering Wheel.
DRU842 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2009, 09:02 AM   #66
Zippy7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ED8192
I have owned my XR5 since 2007 All has been good apart from tyre problems that Continental are looking in to.
Would be interested to read more details about your issue. Might help others who were supplied with Contis, or everyone if it turns out to be a setup issue...
Quote:
I spoke to Ford cust and they wouldn't even get the car picked up, even though by now we couldn't even start the car for more than 30 seconds.
Eventually the dealer sent a tow truck and they have the car, they say it started 3 times on its own while they had it, they say they cant do anything till Monday
That's a very disappointing response from Ford - Let's hope your dealer can help you get this sorted in quicktime. Please keep us posted.
Old 04-05-2009, 09:11 AM   #67
Zippy7

Thumbs up Great tip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRU842
Pugsley, if your in Sydney the Service Manager at Domilelli's is very familiar with the problem & more importantly the fix.
It's great that you are confident that these guys understand the problem, and know what needs to be done to get it sorted out.

Thanks for sharing the tip. I know that if mine gets the problem, and my local can't get it sorted, I'd be talking to them quicksmart.
Old 05-05-2009, 02:18 PM   #68
Pugsley_12
Starter Motor

Has anyone taken their complaints to The Department of Consumer Protection?

If the Ford dealership cannot fix the problem in the next 2 weeks, I'll be submitting my forms to the consumer protection department to begin legal action against Ford.

Hopefully this action will actually get my dealership to fix the problem once and for all.
Pugsley_12 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2009, 08:19 AM   #69
ED8192
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy7
Would be interested to read more details about your issue. Might help others who were supplied with Contis, or everyone if it turns out to be a setup issue...

That's a very disappointing response from Ford - Let's hope your dealer can help you get this sorted in quicktime. Please keep us posted.

The tyre problem is on all four tyres there is splits on the inside walls, Conti rep says possibly under inflated : 32-33 psi any way there are picking up the tyres and sending to Sydney for further inspection.

The starting problem.>>> Dealer has the car and are replacing BCM and going to monitor for a few days.
ED8192 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2010, 07:56 PM   #70
LRsedan
Now XR5hatch!

Just had this Problem come up tonight.

Jumped in the car and nothing...
Nov 2007 build.
56,000kms on the clock
LRsedan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2010, 08:18 PM   #71
b2tf
not here much anymore

These new Mondeos dont sound any better than the old ones..........
Old 21-06-2010, 07:30 PM   #72
LRsedan
Now XR5hatch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2tf
These new Mondeos dont sound any better than the old ones..........
Great cars when they are working, but IMO too many electronics to go bad. Other than that its good. Hauls **** and handles like its on rails.

Where I've got my car parked is really tight, and because the keyless start is broken the steering column lock is electronic.

So I can't get the steering lock off! Can't tow it out.

Had to go buy a set of go-jaks which arent cheap just to spin the front end around.

Most stupid idea every having the steering lock setup that way.
Old 22-06-2010, 12:26 PM   #73
Dusty1
Giddy up!

LRsedan did you get this sorted?
What was the issue?
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2010, 12:53 PM   #74
Fent-Dog
Starter Motor

I though I was the only one with this problem.

My 2007 XR5 Mondeo has refused to start three times in the first 30000 kms (plus at least once when it was new on the showroom floor, which I discovered by accident).
The local ford service, (after much objection) sent a service man with a new battery, who made the swap and the car started no problems.

On the last occasion (last week), I needed the car to start urgently so I tried disconnecting the battery for a few minutes, which worked.

**You'll love this bit** when I booked the car in for warranty service, the woman criticised me for fixing the problem myself, stating that what I did would have wiped the error message and they will not be able to find out what caused the problem....

suffice to say, I WENT OFF!!

The car goes in on July 5th.. if they dont fix it this time, I may end up doing jail time.
Fent-Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2010, 12:57 PM   #75
warren77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fent-Dog
I though I was the only one with this problem.

My 2007 XR5 Mondeo has refused to start three times in the first 30000 kms (plus at least once when it was new on the showroom floor, which I discovered by accident).
The local ford service, (after much objection) sent a service man with a new battery, who made the swap and the car started no problems.

On the last occasion (last week), I needed the car to start urgently so I tried disconnecting the battery for a few minutes, which worked.

**You'll love this bit** when I booked the car in for warranty service, the woman criticised me for fixing the problem myself, stating that what I did would have wiped the error message and they will not be able to find out what caused the problem....

suffice to say, I WENT OFF!!

The car goes in on July 5th.. if they dont fix it this time, I may end up doing jail time.
Don't blame you.
Shows that Ford techs (in the most part) just rely on error codes and not on some common sense.

Have they replaced the BCM module?
I would be asking for new parts through the entire ignition and starting system, as well as new keys. Replace the lot because obviously you do not know what is causing the issue.
warren77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2010, 01:10 PM   #76
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

God help someone if you need the car in a emergency I will be suing them!

apstar
Old 22-06-2010, 01:38 PM   #77
LRsedan
Now XR5hatch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty1
LRsedan did you get this sorted?
What was the issue?
Car has been towed to ford service this morning...
So we'll wait and see.

Its not the battery though, so I'd say its the BCM and in need of the new software to cure the problem.

Hopefully ford know of the fix. I'll be calling them tomorrow to check up on her, and if they can't fix it I'll be letting them know of the know problems from guys on AFF and the XR5turbo sites, plenty of documentation regarding this fault.
Old 22-06-2010, 01:52 PM   #78
Fent-Dog
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by warren77
Have they replaced the BCM module?
I would be asking for new parts through the entire ignition and starting system, as well as new keys. Replace the lot because obviously you do not know what is causing the issue.
first time (while new of the show room floor) they replaced the battery.

second time. They replaced the battery.

Third time. They replaced the battery, and claimed to have updated software and re-programmed something.

Fourth time. was last week and I fixed it myself.
Old 22-06-2010, 02:06 PM   #79
Fent-Dog
Starter Motor

Quote:
Shows that Ford techs (in the most part) just rely on error codes and not on some common sense.
My conversation with the service department

ME- "have you seen anything like this before?"

SERIVCE- "No"

ME - "Ok Ill bring the car in next fortnight, but do me a favour, ring around and do some research, that way you can get a head start on the problem, get an idea of what it maybe"

SERIVCE- "it doesn't work that way, we need the car, we have to see what the computer is telling us about the problem"

ME- "I can tell you what the problem is, and you just need to make a few phone calls"

SERIVCE- "no we cant, everything is on computer, we can't just ring up and find out, it's not done that way anymore"

I can ring any service department in the country right now and ask them a question. The power of enquiry and conversation is a basic human function.
No problem has ever been fixed by a bunch of people all over the country side, working independently and not communicating with one-another.

IT DOES NOT NEED TO BE AS HARD AS THIS!!
Old 22-06-2010, 02:19 PM   #80
paulie0735
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fent-Dog
My conversation with the service department

ME- "have you seen anything like this before?"

SERIVCE- "No"

ME - "Ok Ill bring the car in next fortnight, but do me a favour, ring around and do some research, that way you can get a head start on the problem, get an idea of what it maybe"

SERIVCE- "it doesn't work that way, we need the car, we have to see what the computer is telling us about the problem"

ME- "I can tell you what the problem is, and you just need to make a few phone calls"

SERIVCE- "no we cant, everything is on computer, we can't just ring up and find out, it's not done that way anymore"

I can ring any service department in the country right now and ask them a question. The power of enquiry and conversation is a basic human function.
No problem has ever been fixed by a bunch of people all over the country side, working independently and not communicating with one-another.

IT DOES NOT NEED TO BE AS HARD AS THIS!!
mate, do yourself a favour and go pick your car up....... as in asap. That dealer is just blowing you off. You need to call a few dealers in your area and get on to the service manager and ask some questions, mention that your previous dealer refused to do any research on the problem and see how you go. If your dealer hasn’t seen the problem before than that’s fair enough, so what you need to do is find a dealer who has and save yourself a whole stack of time and potential heartache. Who is the dealer anyway? What State / suburb are you in?
paulie0735 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2010, 04:44 PM   #81
warren77

Mate I hear your pain.
I took the Mondeo in and complained that I would be driving along and the "key not found" message would come up on the HMI.

They told me that there were no error codes in the computer.
I asked them if they were even sure that the error codes were sent into the computer for that by taking the key out of the car and seeing if a code appeared.

The lady at the counter looked at me like I was stupid and said "but how can you take the key out of the car if the engine is running".

I paid my bill, smiled at her and when she said "See you next time" my reply was "no you won't".

Not enough Ford people (sales and techs alike) know enough about these cars. And it shows.

PS - not using that dealer any more even to buy my missus a Territory. Yes they are located 800m from my house. They don't deserve my business.
Old 22-06-2010, 06:03 PM   #82
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The ultimate protest warren77

apstar
Old 22-06-2010, 10:16 PM   #83
warren77

Apstar

Not as strong as I would like - I buy under an employee discount program. Dealer doesn't make any money from me other than dealer delivery.
So not such a big loss than them.
Other than me telling anyone who asks about my Mondeo not to deal with them.
And not getting my service business.

I did go visit them recently, to test drive a Turbo Territory. When I was asked my time frame for buying, I said "within in 6 months from someone but never from you guys".

After I had complained over a previous service, I was told the Dealer Principle would call me. That never happened. So it shows how little they value my business.

My view is support any one who provides exceptional service - I would rather spend a bit more if I know I am getting service.
Old 23-06-2010, 11:58 AM   #84
Fent-Dog
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulie0735
Who is the dealer anyway? What State / suburb are you in?
The dealer was previously Hills Ford in Hornsby NSW, however they went bust and shut down (big surprise). However the service department remains as a part of the Hornsby automotive group.

I don't want to sound like imp bashing up on dealers, I've dealt with McGrath at Liverpool for years now, and they have been brilliant when working on our fleet vehicles.

But Hills Ford are abysmal.
Old 23-06-2010, 03:10 PM   #85
LRsedan
Now XR5hatch!

Update:

Dealer believes they have fixed the car with a new battery and ecu reset.

Dealer is charging me for the battery, labour and the tow-truck claiming warranty doesnt cover the battery and associated costs. Just under $500 total.

Plus I already had to spend the $400 on go-jaks.

Needless to say Im not happy and have refused to pay for the labour and the tow.

Ford would know about the issue, Im certain it's not the battery as I tested the battery before the towie picked up the car, its was 12.6V. Pretty standard for a battery at rest.

I believe Peter warren ford are just trying to pass the costs onto myself, though Im unsure of why they would bother...

I've taken the issue up with ford and Im awaiting reply, but for all I care the car can sit in their yard until they change there tune. I won't be budging.

I had to spend extra money due to their incompetence in ordering a tow truck capable of the needed recovery, and now the warranty isn't covering the alarm malfunction. Worst customer service I've ever encountered.
Old 23-06-2010, 03:44 PM   #86
warren77

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRsedan
Update:

Dealer believes they have fixed the car with a new battery and ecu reset.

Dealer is charging me for the battery, labour and the tow-truck claiming warranty doesnt cover the battery and associated costs. Just under $500 total.

Plus I already had to spend the $400 on go-jaks.

Needless to say Im not happy and have refused to pay for the labour and the tow.

Ford would know about the issue, Im certain it's not the battery as I tested the battery before the towie picked up the car, its was 12.6V. Pretty standard for a battery at rest.

I believe Peter warren ford are just trying to pass the costs onto myself, though Im unsure of why they would bother...

I've taken the issue up with ford and Im awaiting reply, but for all I care the car can sit in their yard until they change there tune. I won't be budging.

I had to spend extra money due to their incompetence in ordering a tow truck capable of the needed recovery, and now the warranty isn't covering the alarm malfunction. Worst customer service I've ever encountered.
Wow. That is very poor.

Just thinking about this logically:
_if_ the battery was flat, then you should still have been able to disengage the immobilizer and the steering wheel lock. It doesn't take that much juice to do that.

Good luck with Ford mate.
Old 23-06-2010, 07:33 PM   #87
LRsedan
Now XR5hatch!

Quote:
Wow. That is very poor.

Just thinking about this logically:
_if_ the battery was flat, then you should still have been able to disengage the immobilizer and the steering wheel lock. It doesn't take that much juice to do that.

Good luck with Ford mate.
Exactly my argument...

Anyway, I escalated the mater to Ford HQ and got a response of "too bad". Obviously this set my blood boiling, so I called my service manager back.

We had quite a lengthy discussion and we came to an agreement, and the dealership themselves absorbed a lot of the cost. In the end I got out of there paying $200.50 for the battery.

In the end the dealership did the right thing and helped out, which I praise them for, they obviously want to keep their customers.

Unfortunately, I've had the car back for 2 hours and the alarm has triggered twice already. This is how the problem started before, so it will be interesting to see how I fare tomorrow and in the coming weeks. But I fear its not quite over yet...
Old 23-06-2010, 07:46 PM   #88
warren77

Good luck mate.
Sorry to hear you are having those issues.
Sounds like you did well to negotiate back to the cost of the battery.

If it does fail any time in the next three months, I would be asking for a refund for a battery you didn't need to buy, because it did not fix the issue.

Btw: what does the alarm even sound like? Never heard mine!
Old 23-06-2010, 08:21 PM   #89
LRsedan
Now XR5hatch!

The alarm flashes the blinkers and sounds the cars horn.

If you hear an alarm go off and think, wow that sounds funny. Its your car lol.

Also the HMI display will alert you when your alarm has been triggered once you jump in the car, if you did not turn it off via the keyfob.

If you turn the alarm off via the keyfob, it won't show the message.

A nice touch if you've been away from the vehicle. Gives ya a chance to walk around the car and check for damage...
Old 23-06-2010, 08:41 PM   #90
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Silly question, but do the fobs ever get faulty. The other day I got in the car and it never detected the key. Pull it out of my pocket and the car started. Do they have battery's and are they going flat?
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post