Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 30-01-2014, 12:09 PM   #1
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Unhappy Replacement WQ Remote Cost !!!!

My WQ, remote refuses to unlock the door. But does the boot. New battery didn't help. New remote $238 plus programing !!! Thats just the remote part not including key..Going online to see if I can get it cheaper..or its just manual unlock!!!!

Old 30-01-2014, 01:11 PM   #2
Pursya

Default Re: Replacement WQ Remote Cost !!!!

Go to your local locksmith.
They have a lot of aftermarket keys/remotes for much less than the originals.
Pursya is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 03-02-2014, 11:17 AM   #3
Simple6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Tech article on rear bushes. 

I had to just get another key cut and programmed without the remote...still $160 odd.
Old 26-12-2014, 02:34 PM   #4
puppy
Starter Motor

My second hand Fiesta came with only one key/remote. I was able to buy an after market blank key/remote from eBay for about $25. It came from Hong Kong. I was able to program the remote without any probs. A local locksmith cut the key for me for $33 but couldn't program the immobiliser chip. Very few locksmiths have the equipment to do this and usually will only be able to program their own blank keys/chips without a remote.

John Barnes in Melbourne will make you a spare key for $165. The chip will be imbedded in the plastic head of the key. If you want to you can cut the plastic open, take out the small immobiliser chip and put it in your new shell from Hong Kong. Then you will have two key/remotes. If your old key/remote is worn or broken then take the chip out of it and put it in the new one from eBay.

I don't know of a cheaper way of doing it but am very much open to suggestions. The programming of an immobiliser chip is expensive because of the cost of the equipment needed to do it and the many makes and types of chips used by the different car manufacturers.

When it comes to cost, try 'all keys lost' and see what change you get from $500 after a call out.
puppy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post