Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > The Sales Yard > Wanted Car bits and other general items

Wanted Car bits and other general items If you want it and it's not in the For Sale section, post it here

Old 02-12-2017, 11:06 PM   #1
syco26
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Default WTB FPV FG shades

I am after a FPV logo windscreen shade for a FG and also the rear and rear side FG shades. Can't seem to find anyone who stocks them any more.

Thanks
syco26 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-12-2017, 12:49 PM   #2
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 
Default Re: WTB FPV FG shades

Partszoo used to sell the side and rear shades.
Not sure if they can be had anymore.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-12-2017, 02:51 PM   #3
syco26
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Thanks. Will look them up
Old 13-09-2022, 09:07 PM   #4
syco26
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Probably a massive long shot but don’t suppose anyone has the above they would like to sell?
Old 18-09-2022, 09:05 AM   #5
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

I am pretty sure there were never any genuine FPV front sunshades.

I may be able to get the genuine Ford set of 3 rear sunshades but need to confirm. I remember last time I got a set they were around $250 plus freight, and they still had a couple left, but that was a while ago.

Let me know if interested and I will chase again.
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2022, 12:21 PM   #6
syco26
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Yes please GTLEGEND. Assuming it is for the 3 piece, rear window and both rear side windows?
Old 18-09-2022, 05:33 PM   #7
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by syco26 View Post
Yes please GTLEGEND. Assuming it is for the 3 piece, rear window and both rear side windows?
Yep rear and both side rears. ill chase this week and let you know.
Old 18-09-2022, 07:01 PM   #8
JasonACT
Away on leave

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Outstanding work on the FG ICC issues. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The insane amount of work he has put into the Falcon FG ICC is unbelievable. He has shared everything he has done and made a great deal of it available to us all. He has definitely helped a great deal of us with no personal gains to himself. 

Hi syco26,

If GTLEGEND can't help, then there is one set of the rear-side shades (no rear-window though) still available where I got mine...

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/293694506092

It's not a terrible set, but while they have never fallen out, they could probably fit a little better than they do. The magnets help.

@GTLEGEND - Can you let me know if there really is still a couple available (and the price) as I may be interested in getting a set for that elusive rear-window shade?
JasonACT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2022, 07:33 PM   #9
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonACT View Post
Hi syco26,

If GTLEGEND can't help, then there is one set of the rear-side shades (no rear-window though) still available where I got mine...

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/293694506092

It's not a terrible set, but while they have never fallen out, they could probably fit a little better than they do. The magnets help.

@GTLEGEND - Can you let me know if there really is still a couple available (and the price) as I may be interested in getting a set for that elusive rear-window shade?

Hey mate,

No problem, I don't think the ones in that link are the genuine accessory Ford ones. I know the 2 piece side only ones are gone, the 3 may be the only ones available now, but will find out definitely this week and let you both know.
This user likes this post:
Old 18-09-2022, 11:45 PM   #10
my67xr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: This contribution: 04 SX TX AWD, drama's replacing upper outer joints w/Nolathane replacements 

Quote:
Ring Limoscene in Lonsdale SA, they have a lot of used/new part's and would be able to arrange freight for you too if needed

click below to view my build threads
67 XR Fairmont
04 SX TX Territory AWD

my67xr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2022, 08:58 AM   #11
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
There are a couple of sets left, $220 plus freight which I have no idea on how much it is, but if I remember right it is a big but almost flat box too big for Aust Post.
2 users like this post:
Old 27-09-2022, 10:15 PM   #12
syco26
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Sent you a PM GTLEGEND