Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 16-01-2017, 01:53 AM   #1
Turboturd

Thumbs up 2007-2009 fiesta "Front Seats" - Swap with what???

FORD RULE!

just brought a used 2007 wq 1.6 (non abs) 5 door fiesta, 87k Klms for a bargain!
so, 7" screen and fully adjustable suspension on the way from my change.

but dam, missis doesn't like the seats (used to MK5 polo seats, and I agree the polo's felt 40% better).
So, is their anything that will swap over in the fiesta range?
anyone know what can swap around, maybe focus, anything?

cheers!
Turboturd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2017, 10:33 AM   #2
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: 2007-2009 fiesta "Front Seats" - Swap with what???

Maybe an XR4 seats if you can find them?
Old 17-01-2017, 02:19 PM   #3
Turboturd

thanks for quick reply,
I still haven't found out if anything else that would fit as yet.
XR4 may be the only option.

do you know XR4 difference over stock seats by any chance?
were they recaro, or had lumbar, maybe leather, or just a fabric swap, same seats???

thanks mate
Old 23-01-2017, 06:39 PM   #4
Turboturd

OK, I've got the seats feeling better after a bit of mucking around with the height adj. Its better, but they aren't anywhere as good as the xr4 seats as I took one for a test drive to see what i could swap out. But they also have no height adj for passenger and finding a clean set, well thats another story.

Would anyone have any knowledge on if the xr4 rear seats will fit the 5 door? The bottom part looks like it would swap out no worries, but the back who knows because its a 3 door, but I imagine they may??

The xr4 I drove was fun because of the 2L, better seats and harder suspension. The fiesta 5 door I have already handles great already. Had great fun yesterday having a late model mazda 3 try and keep up with me in the twisties, but he knew after a short while he couldn't keep up Will do the ebay $970 fully adj suspension upgrade when they shocks die (maybe 6-12 months) and try and chase xr4 seats maybe 17" from a wrecker.

The xr4 brakes on the one I drove were pretty underwealming considering they are rear disc (I have drum). Obviously it had **** pads, but does anyone know if xr4 rear disc can fit standard fiesta?

This fiesta is just for the missus, but I want to kit it out in xr4 gear, like bumpers, seats, 17", foggy's, whatever will fit.

My beast is a BA xr6T Silhouette luxury pack (leather,sub) with less than 70,000 and has the APS kit phase 3 kit on it which was ADR approved. 3 years later and I still haven't put in the fully rebuilt mal woods T56 yet lol. Whatever!

Love my fords! but still wrecked from the day I heard Geelong was shutting down!

Anyway let us know what you know!
Old 24-01-2017, 04:57 AM   #5
Turboturd

Back again,

Just brought a new short change shifter for the IB5, $100 from UK fleabay.
Missus is a Holden Fan, but I will convert her!

Anyway, after more research, maybe XR5 Recaro seats could fit also?
Can anyone one give me the i'd to i/d of a focus or xr5 seat and what year.
Possibly anything up to 2010 may fit from what I've read.

I/D's I'm chasing front - 355mm, rear - 500mm, rail length - 370mm
can anyone help me here?
Old 18-04-2017, 10:45 AM   #6
jusTANG

Zetec had better seats also, mid point between standard and XR4 seats.
Wrecker in Sydney recently quoted me 400 for front and rear XR4 seats in Blue when I was looking at getting daughter a Base 4 door.
Went a Zetec 2 door for alloys, suspension and seating.
jusTANG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2017, 12:53 AM   #7
zabatron

I owned a 2008 Xr4 from new...I sold it about a year ago....the seats have leather trimmed side bolsters and head rests, with cloth inserts in either red or blue,and are very comfortable/supportive...much better than the base model seats and even the Zetec seats..If you are fitting Xr4 seats to a base model fiesta,be aware that the xr4 seats have side/thorax airbags built into the seats but the base model seats do not,and as such the wiring for the side airbags to work is not there in the base models.Another option would be to fit a set of Wq Fiesta Ghia seats if you can find them.
zabatron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2017, 07:10 PM   #8
80rs

Theres a bloke on the xr4 forum selling wz st front seats on wq rails that will just bolt in. From memory xr5 seats are too wide. I used to run bride racing buckets in my xr4 until i got too fat and old to get in and out everyday
80rs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post