Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 27-07-2016, 11:02 AM   #61
WindsorXR
FGII XR6, Focus Sport, XR

Default Re: Car for baby duties

Hahaha. Love the race suit

Which car is that in?

2011 Purple FGII XR6
2016 LZ Focus Sport

BA XR8 Build Thread (SOLD)
1966 XR Falcon Build Thread
WindsorXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-07-2016, 01:22 PM   #62
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by snopony View Post
so much choice... I was one of the kids with a burnt bum from back vinyl and branded with the lapsash buckle in summer.
I cant remember a booster seat at all....
I remember trips to the beach in summer, all the kids would be crammed into the back of the station wagon with beach towels, fishing rods etc etc while the adults rode in the seats. Was stinking hot and no A/C or power steering, vinyl seats were the norm.....as amazing as it might appear to some here that have grown up in the precious era, we survived just fine.

Car for baby duty was just what ever car your parents had at the time.

Too may people these days reinvent their life around the kids pandering to their every whim, when really the kids should fit in with the parents life.

But then again I grew up before telling the truth was considered racist, and before political correctness became the catch cry of the weak and spineless.

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

Project 1 : '75 XB GS 351 Ute, Toploader, 9" with 3.5's

Project 2 : '74 XB GS Big Block Coupe, Toploader, 9" with 4.11's

In Storage : '74 XB GS 351 Fairmont Sedan

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

XB GS 351 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-07-2016, 01:55 PM   #63
PHATAL
Donating Member
Donating Member1

I have the SZ territory titanium pretty good car overall really. Just wish they kept the turbo in the SZ - a bit lacking in power coming from an F6..........

XF Falcon S Update EFI - SOLD
EL2 XR8 - SOLD
BF F6 RSPEC #139 - SOLD
Now rocking the SZ Territory Titanium Petrol Family Beast
PHATAL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-07-2016, 10:58 PM   #64
Danny
GT4.

/thread
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2016, 10:02 AM   #65
raised by monkeys
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Not looking to re-invent ourselves. As I say the missus has a dual cab SR5 hilux.
I guess I was looking at something that can double as a toy and a safe family car.
Leaning towards the ST - this would be a handy little go getter and probably less on fuel and rego. Or 5 seater f6/g6e turbo.
Leather is a must.

Current
SY FPV F6X Territory #214
Previous
FG MkII G6E Turbo built by Heinrichs Performance and Tuning
BFII FPV TORNADO #0021 351rwkw - Heinrich Performance and Tuning

"Milk is for babies. When you grow up you have to drink beer" - Arnold Schwarzenegger
raised by monkeys is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 28-07-2016, 03:07 PM   #66
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by raised by monkeys View Post
Not looking to re-invent ourselves. As I say the missus has a dual cab SR5 hilux.
I guess I was looking at something that can double as a toy and a safe family car.
Leaning towards the ST - this would be a handy little go getter and probably less on fuel and rego. Or 5 seater f6/g6e turbo.
Leather is a must.
My comment was more in general that directed at you.

My missus was driving a TE Cortina S Pac 250 4 speed when our daughter was born, ended up upgrading it to an EL XR8 5 speed for two reasons, the baby seat was a very tight fit in the corty and because I always wanted an EL XR8 and this was the perfect excuse to convince the missus we NEEDED one.

EL was later upgraded to a brand new BF GT (always loved them), then a H3 4x4 (also always loved them)which we still have today as it suits our lifestyle of towing car trailers, horse floats and takes us to comping, fishing and hunting spots.

Kids used to ride in my XB Coupe, my Mitsubishi work truck, the GT, etc.

Personally I say get the vehicle you enjoy driving and that suits your lifestyle, not purely for the kids, over your own desires and needs (wants).

That's my 2 cents worth anyway, I am sure you will make a decision that suits you.

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

Project 1 : '75 XB GS 351 Ute, Toploader, 9" with 3.5's

Project 2 : '74 XB GS Big Block Coupe, Toploader, 9" with 4.11's

In Storage : '74 XB GS 351 Fairmont Sedan

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

XB GS 351 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 07-08-2016, 08:49 PM   #67
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The best feature for a family car is sliding doors, basically makes any carpark feel a foot wider.
Brazen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post