Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 03-04-2016, 01:03 AM   #181
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 
Default Re: Be prosecuted for illegal gas connection. Urgent help

Quote:
But anyway....looking at the list of emergency allowances.....the gas would have had to be leaking for it to be deemed an emergency! Maybe the landlord is a gas fitter
No; as I said I believe the landlord could successfully argue that unauthorised modifications to the gas service by an unqualified person creates a fault that in all likelihood makes the premises unsafe and a situation that they can reasonably believe or assume is likely to injure a person.
Old 03-04-2016, 06:42 AM   #182
BFGasUte
Banned

Hello,

Walking past a house is not Spying. It is walking past. It gives a chance to look at the garden, and condition of the lawn. You can also see abandoned cars or rubbish. No need to disturb a tenant. All quite Legal. Walking into the backyard or house would not be.
BFGasUte is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 26-07-2016, 04:41 PM   #183
NC_Steve
She needs premium dude...

Curious to know what happened in the end?
NC_Steve is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 26-07-2016, 06:56 PM   #184
LG17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I don't believe there's any more progress at this stage - could be wrong though.
LG17 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-07-2016, 07:09 PM   #185
Revolver
Big Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFGasUte View Post
Hello,

Walking past a house is not Spying. It is walking past. It gives a chance to look at the garden, and condition of the lawn. You can also see abandoned cars or rubbish. No need to disturb a tenant. All quite Legal. Walking into the backyard or house would not be.
Yep, our real estate agent has driven past our place a number of times for a fly by inspection to ensure that the gardens and lawn are kept maintained it also doesn't help that the are the agent for most of the houses in the street. So when they have to put a sign up to lease or sell, they have to drive past is. One particular time we were sent an email from them telling us to mow the lawn (hadn't been mowed for a month in winter, as I was working 7 days a week) and pick up the rubbish (two pieces).

In the end the real estate agent doesn't truly give a stuff about the tenant. They are there to protect the owners investment. And the better they do that, the more chance of said landlord referring freinds, family, colleagues, etc, or getting repeat business from that landlord.

We had a Nazi of a property manager until recently. We were breached because of a "dirty house", just a couple of piles of washed clothes ready to be folded and toys from our 3 year old in the lounge room. It didn't go on the offical breach system, only on the real estates system.

From there on in we had to make the place look like a display home every inspection. And when we pointed things out to be repaired, nothing got done about it "oh, we'll get the handyman to look at in next time he's in the area". Until February.

When a new lady turned up, she was nice, helpful, and when I pointed out the master bedroom fan needed to be fixed (as previously reported twice before), she logged it in, and we had a confirmation email that afternoon that someone was coming to look at it in two days time.

We had heard rumblings that the previous lady had left from other people in the area and was no longer on the website as the property manager. And when I dropped the subtle question "Is Jane on leave" it was met by "Oh no, Jane is no longer with us". Winning.

That house inspection passed with flying colours even though it wasn't up to "Janes standard" as we called it. We didn't care that time with a newborn.....

Funny that.

To the OP.

One thing you may want to check is the actual service fee to supply your home with LPG, it may be charged by usage. Late last year we kept wondering, "Why is our powerbill so high? Our usage says it's lower than it's ever been!" We kept wondering until I stumbled across a newspaper article from one of the local news papers from Here in SE QLD.

Turns out the actual daily charge to supply your home every hour (or day, I can't remember) with power has gone up sinifigantly over the past few years. The actual charge of it hadn't gone up much, but the charge to supply it...... Yeah that's why.

If I may put on my tinfoil hat for a moment......

My theory is, everyone is now green, you know energy efficient. Use less power, it helps the planet and most of all, costs less money for you. But those two things don't make electricity companies money. If your not using it, they don't make money from it. That's fine for one person but multiply that by 10s & 100's of thousands of customers, the power of multiplication hurts. Everyone saving $1 a quarter is suddenly $100,000 wiped from your bottom line.

Can't have that.

So they ramped up the charge for you to be supplied it........

Sneaky effers.

Wow. That's a long post. Not what I intended. That's 30 seconds of speech there..... So long to type it out!
/////Alpine Sound.
EBGT Momo Woodgrain Steering Wheel
The Scarlet Fairlane Build Thread

Project "White Knight"
93 ED XR6
ROH Alloys
Momo wheel
Cruise
Sunroof
Premo Sound
Manual
HO Goodies
PWK Build Thread

1990 Yamaha FZR 250: 59000ks & climbing. New fairing, old tank, my angry mosquito in a coffee tin! 14.977 1/4mile.
Revolver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 26-07-2016, 08:08 PM   #186
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolver View Post

If I may put on my tinfoil hat for a moment......

My theory is, everyone is now green, you know energy efficient. Use less power, it helps the planet and most of all, costs less money for you. But those two things don't make electricity companies money. If your not using it, they don't make money from it. That's fine for one person but multiply that by 10s & 100's of thousands of customers, the power of multiplication hurts. Everyone saving $1 a quarter is suddenly $100,000 wiped from your bottom line.

Can't have that.

So they ramped up the charge for you to be supplied it........

Sneaky effers.
Shannon I wholeheartedly agree with this part. It's a sneaky way of getting their money from you regardless. You may think you are saving, but ultimately you are not.

Another analogy: Even if you have your chastity belt on tight, they will still find a way to ream you without lube.

The only way is to go off grid. But the powers that be don't like that either. How dare you become self sufficient! So things like battery cells and the like which collect power from solar panels are hiked up to hell to discourage people from obtaining them, plus the 'scare tactics' applied to anyone looking to have them fitted to their domestic homes.

Im the biggest cynic there is. The companies I hate are: Pharmaceuticals, Petroleum and Energy suppliers.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-07-2016, 11:36 PM   #187
barrys123
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

We live in a retirement village and we don't have an account with the electricity supplier but whole village is connected to the main meter and the management is responsible for the account and we all (60 villas) just have sub-meters and the management read our meters monthly and add the cost at the going rate to our monthly fee. There are quite a few of us that have had solar systems installed and as we are not connected directly to the main grid and cannot sell it back our meters have not been changed and we have the old style with the wheel that goes around and during the day with the sun out it goes backwards and at night goes forward so we can have our air-conditioners on heat in the winter and cool in the summer all the time and we only get a very small bill sometimes nothing.
barrys123 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2016, 10:10 AM   #188
jpblue1000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Any update Eaturbo or are you in jail?
jpblue1000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
7 users like this post: