Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > ORSM Ford Cruise Car Club

ORSM Ford Cruise Car Club The one and only place for the ORSM Ford Cruise Car Club members Forums

Old 17-02-2009, 06:43 PM   #61
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSSXR8
Hi guys,
Im from Geelong and was also thinking about becoming a member of the ORSM cruisers club.
I sent a message to ORSMF6 last night about info and stuff.
I was with the AFF crew at the All Ford Day and you guys looked like you had a really good setup. I also had ORSM6 i think come up and have a chat about my car and leather treatment. I don't think he is a member on AFF, but it was good to have someone come up and say hi.
Even my missus said i should join up so it will probably happen. Are there any rules of been a member you have to abide by? Such as a certain number of meetings, cruises? Car? Plates? or anything else that may be helpful.

Cheers Travis
Travis, thanks for your interest. Our little club exists to enjoy the car scene and other than common sense we have no rules. There is a constitution, but all not for profits organizations need one of these and the only thing people need to really know about that is to be a member you must have a performance based or modified Ford that is 89 onwards. I think it is 89, but not 100% sure.

Best thing to do is come to a meeting, meet some members, have a chat. We are a social club and like all members to be part of what we do, no politics, no clicks etc.
Old 17-02-2009, 06:44 PM   #62
mrbaxr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

thankyou for your acceptance guys, look to be based in Melbourne I am in gippsland so its another hurdle for me to overcome I have been considering it (club membership) honestly but I don't know if I will have the time. how much stuff goes on thru the week? cause I pretty much work every weekend and the majority of the week, what can I say I like nice things and have to work for them.

P.S. My car is a turbo as well, I don't like to toot the turbo horn too much comes off a little too braggy for my liking.

also do you guys have a http:// I am pretty good with the webpage skills if you need one let me know

Holden special vehicles - for special people

Last edited by mrbaxr6t; 17-02-2009 at 06:57 PM.
mrbaxr6t is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2009, 06:56 PM   #63
WindsorXR
FGII XR6, Focus Sport, XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAKHMR
Gday mate, im ORSM6 but AKA JAKHMR of the AFF's. I Loved your interior and i also saw your engine getting built way back at Craigs.
Im also sure that ORSMF6 will get back to you regarding the info you need or you can get in touch with ORSMT6 too as he is our membership officer.
Was that you who showed me the Zymol from the Blue BF XR?

I think your thinking of another engine. Mine is in the "yet to be built by Craig" column.lol.

When is your next meeting and where?

2011 Purple FGII XR6
2016 LZ Focus Sport

BA XR8 Build Thread (SOLD)
1966 XR Falcon Build Thread
WindsorXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2009, 07:19 PM   #64
JAKHMR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSSXR8
Was that you who showed me the Zymol from the Blue BF XR?
I think your thinking of another engine. Mine is in the "yet to be built by Craig" column.lol.
When is your next meeting and where?
No mate that wasn't me. I came up to you earlier throughout the day when i was with Andrew in the blue Zetec.
Yes sorry about that it was someone elses engine i saw.

Quote:
Success is the good fortune that comes from:
Inspiration , aspiration , desperation , and perspiration
JAKHMR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2009, 07:26 PM   #65
WindsorXR

Oh yeah, i remember now. Who am i thinking of then? I'm all confused now.lol.

but anyway, when and where for he next ORSM meeting?

2011 Purple FGII XR6
2016 LZ Focus Sport

Old 17-02-2009, 10:27 PM   #66
ORSM6T
ORSM Ford Cruisers

Our Meetings are held at the Tavener Hotel on Railway Pde in Pascoe Vale...
meeting starts at 730-800pm or come around 630 for tea as most of us are there eating
at that time... next meeting is march 11th come along it well be good to see you's guys there :

marty
ORSM6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2009, 10:36 PM   #67
WindsorXR

No worries, I'll see what shift im on and maybe come down with the missus

2011 Purple FGII XR6
2016 LZ Focus Sport

Old 12-04-2009, 02:23 AM   #68
Adam_Ciancio
Adam Ciancio

hey all am thinking of joining this club as ive been recommended to join, i have an xe fairmont is that type of car welcome in this club ?
Adam_Ciancio is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2009, 06:45 PM   #69
MR_LON
ORSMT5

Hi Adam,
our club doesn't normally cater for the older style cars like the xe. we are a 1990 on club catering for performance or modified fords, our constitution does allow us to include a few vehicles outside of our normal boundries.
if your still interested it would be best to come to our next Meeting or event with your car & meet us to see if we're what your looking for in a club.

cheers
Ron
EO XR5 with blacked out highlights, grilles & fog surround, black angel eye headlights, black turbo badges, eibach springs, bluepower custom tune, motorcade ic & intake piping, Xforce turbo back exhaust, lexus style rear fog/reverse lights, EBC red pads, Goodridge braided lines, Motul 5.1 fluid, custom fibreglass bonnet & slam panel cover, under bonnet bling & more soon
MR_LON is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2009, 07:55 PM   #70
auMatt
ORSM Ford Cruisers

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Matt's valued contributions in the technical area associated with AU/BA/BF & Terri instrument clusters & ICC's is considered the authoritative guide to work by members in this are of expertise. His contributions stand alone in the forum in this technical  

Hey Ron you back?

Contact me for all your Cluster Programming/Repairs & Window switch/ICC colour change for BA/BF/FG Falcons & Territory. Visit my SITE for info.

I Use and Recommend :
Ferntree Gully Auto Salvage
AutoWorks - Keilor
RIP Craig
RIP Samantha
auMatt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2009, 10:03 PM   #71
TUF270
BACK IN AN FG TURBO

hey guys well im looking to join the club, i like what you guys do, and im finding it difficult to fit into the normal AFF clicky groups being new in victoria.... i've spoken to theo a few times and only today realised that he is the (president) lol...
i'd come along to your next meeting in may, but im going to be in QLD then, which is a little annoying as i'd like start cruising with you boys
TUF270 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-04-2009, 09:39 AM   #72
WindsorXR

I think im in the same boat as you Micheal.
Is the June meeting on the 10th?or are there any ORSM cruises soon?
As I will be in QLD during your May meeting as well. Strange!!hehe.
I sort of got side tracked for a few weeks from last time i was gonna try catch up with you guys.

Cheers Travis

2011 Purple FGII XR6
2016 LZ Focus Sport

Old 16-04-2009, 07:11 PM   #73
MR_LON
ORSMT5

yes, the june meeting is on the 10th.

the next cruise hasn't been organised yet, our next event is a half day show & shine in keilor on the 3rd of may.
here is the thread about it
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11251168
EO XR5 with blacked out highlights, grilles & fog surround, black angel eye headlights, black turbo badges, eibach springs, bluepower custom tune, motorcade ic & intake piping, Xforce turbo back exhaust, lexus style rear fog/reverse lights, EBC red pads, Goodridge braided lines, Motul 5.1 fluid, custom fibreglass bonnet & slam panel cover, under bonnet bling & more soon
Old 16-04-2009, 10:05 PM   #74
orsm8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Welcome back Ron. Glad you made it back safely. Cheers
orsm8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-10-2009, 11:11 AM   #75
xa gs 72
Starter Motor

where are the meetings held in melb and how often.im trying to find a car club in the east of melb i have a xa gs sedan
xa gs 72 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-10-2009, 11:53 AM   #76
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by xa gs 72
where are the meetings held in melb and how often.im trying to find a car club in the east of melb i have a xa gs sedan
Our club meetings are held at the

The Tavenor Hotel
12 Railway Pde
Pascoe Vale....

We mainly only cater for cars 89 onwards being either a Ford Performance type car such as an XR, FPV etc or a modified Ford from that year onwards. I am not sure in the east which clubs cater for old school.
Old 16-03-2010, 08:55 AM   #77
HULK EF
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

no orsm club members from nsw? especialy sydney? B series are quite popular now up in sydney.. with quite a few great modified example's..
HULK EF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2010, 01:13 PM   #78
.OZZY.
[OZY 40T]

Quote:
no orsm club members from nsw? especialy sydney? B series are quite popular now up in sydney.. with quite a few great modified example's..
+1
is there any in NSW? once I get the BF all fixed up I would consider joining if there was one.
.OZZY. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2010, 03:52 PM   #79
MR_LON
ORSMT5

ORSM is only a Vic club, early on there was an attempt to get an affiliate club going in SA but it never got off the ground.
Old 21-02-2012, 10:31 PM   #80
bdscott
Starter Motor

Default Re: What is Orsm Ford Cruisers?

Hey guys. Saw your cars at AFD recently and I'm interested in becoming a member. Looks like you had a great display happening. Was going to come and have a chat but time got away. I've actually come across a couple of your members before. Mr Lon works at the same place as me and Dnkpower's sister is a friend of mine (we met at the dyno day for dms). Anyway if someone can tell me the process it would be appreciated.

Cheers Ben
bdscott is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2012, 11:11 PM   #81
munkky
turbo mafia

info is all here mate
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=17006
dont be scared we arent just a club were a big family.

munkky

2008 FG G6E TURBO
AND YES IT HAS A LSD
ORSM F.C.
munkky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2012, 06:28 AM   #82
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdscott
Hey guys. Saw your cars at AFD recently and I'm interested in becoming a member. Looks like you had a great display happening. Was going to come and have a chat but time got away. I've actually come across a couple of your members before. Mr Lon works at the same place as me and Dnkpower's sister is a friend of mine (we met at the dyno day for dms). Anyway if someone can tell me the process it would be appreciated.

Cheers Ben
Ben the best thing to do is get along to one of our meetings or events, chat to us, grab a membership form. If you speak to Andrew or Ron, they can fill you more in.

Or any questions feel free to pm me.
Old 22-02-2012, 05:27 PM   #83
MR_LON
ORSMT5

hey Ben, i saw your car there on sunday but didn't see you, come & have a chat at work.
Old 22-02-2012, 10:42 PM   #84
bdscott
Starter Motor

Thanks for the info guys. So if I have it right the next meeting is on 14th March? Yeah I'll come and find you at work and have a chat Ron. By the way I had no idea you completely made that bonnet yourself until I read your thread, massive kudos to you mate.

Ben
bdscott is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2012, 11:30 AM   #85
Adam_Ciancio
Adam Ciancio

hi guys ! still recruiting for this club ? im about to get my nl fairlane on the road and am looking for a decent club to join,am also a friend of john mirabella
Adam_Ciancio is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2012, 11:54 AM   #86
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_Ciancio
hi guys ! still recruiting for this club ? im about to get my nl fairlane on the road and am looking for a decent club to join,am also a friend of john mirabella
Adam

We at ORSM are always keen to have new Ford enthusiasts join. John will be able to fill you in on what we are about.
Old 06-03-2013, 06:10 PM   #87
[TOPGHIA]

hi guys just wanted to know if you have any SA members and if no would you take members from outside of VIC?

i ask as my club/group is slowly dying as members sell there cars or move on to other things.

all so do you have a minimum standard that a car has to be or could someone join with a thrashed car aka bad paint, dents?

Blaze 05 BA MKII Fairmont Ghia I6
[TOPGHIA] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2013, 06:25 PM   #88
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by [TOPGHIA] View Post
hi guys just wanted to know if you have any SA members and if no would you take members from outside of VIC?

i ask as my club/group is slowly dying as members sell there cars or move on to other things.

all so do you have a minimum standard that a car has to be or could someone join with a thrashed car aka bad paint, dents?
I do not believe we have any interstate members. There is nothing saying in the constitution one must be residing in Victoria. The only issue would be for the member, unless they travel a lot, they might not be involved in much.

With vehicles, again there is nothing written in the constitution on condition and cleanliness that I can think of, but the club does pride itself, especially at show n shines, with having some of the cleanest and well presented rides around.
Old 06-03-2013, 06:58 PM   #89
[TOPGHIA]

cool good to know.

im not to fussed about not being able to get to vic for every thing as was think the member of my club/group who would like still be in a club could apply also. kind of like an SA chapter but seen as there would not be a lot of cars we could just fall under VIC if you understand what im trying to say.

my club/group is along the lines as your own in that we take pride in our members cars being at a high level and being about good mate who like to do car events.

i will be at SA AFD this weekend so will come over and say high

Blaze 05 BA MKII Fairmont Ghia I6
[TOPGHIA] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2013, 07:43 PM   #90
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by [TOPGHIA] View Post
cool good to know.

im not to fussed about not being able to get to vic for every thing as was think the member of my club/group who would like still be in a club could apply also. kind of like an SA chapter but seen as there would not be a lot of cars we could just fall under VIC if you understand what im trying to say.

my club/group is along the lines as your own in that we take pride in our members cars being at a high level and being about good mate who like to do car events.

i will be at SA AFD this weekend so will come over and say high
I was going to be going, but am not now, but there will be a few members there, so make yourself known. Pete our membership officer will be there.