Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 28-06-2005, 02:01 AM   #1
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Exclamation NEW FACELIFT FIESTA!!!!! pics!

Well, i havent been able to find any more photos or info on it, but here is a frontal pic of the new Fiesta. Mods look like a different grill, bumper, foglights... more modern, but i dont like the lights! So, i think i might get that bumper and foggies if it comes here... but ill keep my lights thanks! lol

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2005, 02:19 AM   #2
Franky
Bring back the Phase

I don't mind it, it's still sexy and I think the Sports model will look horn ;)
Franky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2005, 02:24 AM   #3
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil Racer
I don't mind it, it's still sexy and I think the Sports model will look horn ;)
Pretty sure that is a sports model... well a Zetec at least

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Old 28-06-2005, 03:39 AM   #4
Danny
GT4.

I like, but DAMN! ALready!!?? I liked having the latest Fiesta!

I might get the bumper and grille and headlights too if it's released here....
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2005, 09:55 AM   #5
whippet_zetec
Supes

yep, at a guess I would suggest that the pic there is of a few bases up from the bog standard model.

agree on the headlights.......not my cup of tea, the big lens for the driving lamp looks a bit 80's
Old 28-06-2005, 01:46 PM   #6
marcosambrose

I was hoping it would use smaller multiple headlights a.k.a Focus.

Still we will have to wait and see what it looks like in the flesh.

The Mk6 focus didnt have enough appeal, i know it looks stunning for what its worth but Australia is a nation of suckers, hence why the Corolla is the top seller.
marcosambrose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2005, 02:03 PM   #7
PULLY6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcosambrose
hence why the Corolla is the top seller.
It's got nothing to do with the renowned Toyota reliability of course...

I'm not a fan of it- the pic makes it look like the front lights bulge out waay too much.
Old 28-06-2005, 02:13 PM   #8
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

As far as i know, the Facelift has only come out in UK, though the website hasnt been updated with pictures. As usual, no clue as to when it comes out here, as they would like to sell the old stock i guess. So we will just have to wait and see. Considering the Mazda2 just had a facelift (and the Jazz had one late last year)... it could be sooner rather then later!

Old 28-06-2005, 02:17 PM   #9
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Also, looks like it has a bodykit over those foglights, so it could even be a modded up Zetec, hence looking a lil better. I still think its less european and more busy and Japish

From what i can gather, UK had a lil update recently, with some changes to a few models, such as the Ghia getting new Machined wheels, and Leather interior, and the Style (not sold here... more base model then LX) getting 15" wheels along with body coloured bumpers. So, from what i gather, i dont think the above picture is actually out in UK, so hence we still have a little longer with the current Fiesta! :

Last edited by Teki04; 28-06-2005 at 02:33 PM. Reason: new info...
Old 28-06-2005, 03:07 PM   #10
fordel
Tricolore Tard
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcosambrose
I was hoping it would use smaller multiple headlights a.k.a Focus.

Still we will have to wait and see what it looks like in the flesh.

The Mk6 focus didnt have enough appeal, i know it looks stunning for what its worth but Australia is a nation of suckers, hence why the Corolla is the top seller.
I think you mean Mk6 Fiesta, seen as we are only on the Mk1 Focus now

Chris
Old 28-06-2005, 07:06 PM   #11
RedStar71

I also heard that the interior has got a major overhaul to make it look not as "cheap" and the taillights look like the Lexus style ones you can get on ebay. You can see the ST styling in the grill and driver's lights. I also heard that the ST will get a similar facelift. Interesting but those headlights suck!
Mods: "Zetec S" badges, Zetec driving lights, stereo remote Ghia Gear stick surround and metal door handels. Factory EGA Sports Body Kit and Sports Leather Gear Knob. ST Rear Wing, Clear Indicators, Racing Pedals, Door Pulls, Door Sill Strips and Piano Black ICE Bezel.

2007 WQ Colorado Red Fiesta XR4
Mods: Smooth Rear Wiper
RedStar71 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2005, 07:12 PM   #12
RedStar71

Here is the new interior! I like it!!!!
Mods: "Zetec S" badges, Zetec driving lights, stereo remote Ghia Gear stick surround and metal door handels. Factory EGA Sports Body Kit and Sports Leather Gear Knob. ST Rear Wing, Clear Indicators, Racing Pedals, Door Pulls, Door Sill Strips and Piano Black ICE Bezel.

Old 28-06-2005, 08:46 PM   #13
Cypher
Fiesta Zetec

The interior looks good...still using the same wheel!

This aint so bad as it is a slight change over the current design so helps with resale!
Cypher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2005, 11:04 PM   #14
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

EEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWW........ that interior is UGLY! that lil thing above the Glove Box ruins the flow of the dash, and that weird panel where the headlights switch is looks like an after-thought. Also, the radio isnt combined into the dash... to me the interior looks like it went backwards! SO glad i have a MK6 series 1 Fiesta!

Old 29-06-2005, 04:07 AM   #15
Danny
GT4.

Now i've seen the interior, I reckon the whole look has been econobox-ised. It looks cheaper now, less classy than the mark 6, but thats just me.

That steering wheel looks nicer though, Fatter and more chunky. I wouldnt mind that!
Old 29-06-2005, 03:20 PM   #16
RedStar71

Teki04 you actually have the Mk6 Series 2 Fiesta. The first Fiesta looked terrible and the interior was really cheap looking.
I will get the new stearing wheel as it has the thumb inserts (or whatever they ar called) but the airbag center I will keep from this version. I really like the new interior. But agree about the section above the glove box, ugly. The new rain sensors and auto headlights sound interesting. I want to see what they do to the ST as it will also get a facelift apparently. Also want to see the taillights!
The interior shot is from a Fusion which looks like a small 4X4 running on the fiesta chassis, aparently the interiors are nearly identical so there may be some differences on the Series 3 Fiesta interior.
I just heard that Holden will bring out a hot version of the Barina called the Tigre over here later in the year so Ford needs to get us the ST to compete for crying out loud!!! They are going to consider the ST Focus for next year so get it's little brother out here as well!! Three door Focus will also be out next year as well.
Cheers

Jason

Old 29-06-2005, 04:40 PM   #17
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedStar71
Teki04 you actually have the Mk6 Series 2 Fiesta. The first Fiesta looked terrible and the interior was really cheap looking.
I will get the new stearing wheel as it has the thumb inserts (or whatever they ar called) but the airbag center I will keep from this version. I really like the new interior. But agree about the section above the glove box, ugly. The new rain sensors and auto headlights sound interesting. I want to see what they do to the ST as it will also get a facelift apparently. Also want to see the taillights!
The interior shot is from a Fusion which looks like a small 4X4 running on the fiesta chassis, aparently the interiors are nearly identical so there may be some differences on the Series 3 Fiesta interior.
I just heard that Holden will bring out a hot version of the Barina called the Tigre over here later in the year so Ford needs to get us the ST to compete for crying out loud!!! They are going to consider the ST Focus for next year so get it's little brother out here as well!! Three door Focus will also be out next year as well.
Yea, we got Series 2, as series 1 was out in 2002! True, the thumb inserts look pretty cool, but having a chunky steering wheel already, it doesnt really matter to me. On skinnier wheels, sure it does help. As for the interior... well the Fusion is very different to the Fiesta, so i guess that interior pic can be disregarded.

As for the auto rain sensors, they would be cool. Have any of you learnt the intermittent wiper mode on the fiesta? Like, i read the manual, and what you do is:

1) turn on the int wiper
2) turn it off straight away
3) turn it back on when you think it needs to be on
4) it will keep that time delay on for that whole ride with int wipers

Its pretty cool, i use it all the time now.

I agree with you there, i would love to MAYBE get some tail lights... but if the front are anything to go by, it might be less European and more ricer.

And with the tiger, its not a hotted up Barina, we have the SRi for that. It is in actual fact a 2 seater convertible with the SRi engine (though, pulling more weight). Still, BRING THE ST TO AUSTRALIA DAMNIT! lol

Old 29-06-2005, 10:37 PM   #18
Cypher
Fiesta Zetec

The next barina is being sourced from Daewoo...so who knows what will happen there.

The Tigra (or what ever it is called) is a small hot hatch made under the opel badge so it may appear here. The Barina GSi (holdens last attempt) was pure garbage...drive it hard and the box would break.

Its nice to see more performance models in the Ozzie line up!!

Is anyone thinking 4x4 with turbo for the ST? Fusion 4wd with the 2L and a turbo...weapon!
Cypher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2005, 02:27 AM   #19
Danny
GT4.

Hang on, I didnt know there was a Series One Mk6 and a series Two Mk6!!!? I thought that all fiesta's were the same from when when they were released to now.

What are the differences?? how do i know what series mine is?
Old 30-06-2005, 03:22 AM   #20
christo_fiesta

I think the interior posted looks shocking...

glad they are doing it...means that OUR cars will keep / increase in resale value cos people will want the " older models " over the newer ones cos the interior on ours will be better.

chris-
christo_fiesta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2005, 04:02 AM   #21
RedStar71

Here a a couple of pictures of the series 1 Fiesta. As you can see they really improved the design by the time we got it. What a horror! And look at that interior!!! Yuck!
Funny how they went back to those headlights! Terrible!
Danny you have a series 2. There are no official "series" titles like they use on the Falcon. But for want of a better term our Fiesta's are "series 2".
From what I have been told about Ford there are usually three "series" before a new version is released. So the new Fiesta may be the last Mk6 version, we will have to see...

Last edited by RedStar71; 30-06-2005 at 04:20 AM.
Old 30-06-2005, 01:05 PM   #22
Danny
GT4.

Thats Unbeleivable! I never realised that. How come they did that with only the Mk6 and not the other variants. As even on UKFN, I've never seen anyone with the series one fiesta, or any photo's of it!

Bizarre!
Old 30-06-2005, 02:43 PM   #23
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Jason... those pics you have are of a South American Fiesta, COMPLETELY different cars. They only share the same badge. As for series, im pretty sure that in the UK when the MK6 came out in 2002, it was a series 1. They then changed interior trims and possibly more colours and different names, which was the Series 2. As for our fiesta, its the updated (series 2) fiesta, however our models are unique to Australia, as there is no 1.6L LX in UK, and the 1.6L zetec here is also different... our cars are totally unique to australia, and probably the reason they do so well in having a 1.6L in all models.

But yea, those pics of the Fiesta series 1 is actually a South American (Mexico) Fiesta, built in Mexico...

Old 30-06-2005, 08:25 PM   #24
Danny
GT4.

American build quality makes me wanna throw up.....
It looks american as well.....

I reckon ours would still be series 2 teki as they have changed the colour pallettes for the fiesta since it first lobbed here. The most obvious omission from the range was that orangey metallic colour. I loved that...
Old 30-06-2005, 11:23 PM   #25
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny
I reckon ours would still be series 2 teki as they have changed the colour pallettes for the fiesta since it first lobbed here. The most obvious omission from the range was that orangey metallic colour. I loved that...
Otherwise known as Flare. Yes, we do have the series 2 fiesta, but i was saying that the pic from Jason was not the Series 1 fiesta, but a diff car altogether (with same name). The series 1 was the same, just diff colours and interior trim im pretty sure

Old 01-07-2005, 05:31 AM   #26
RedStar71

I'd say you are right Teki, I thought that version also sold in Europe but not the UK but you are very right about the Brazillian version. I also see that the Brazillians did a Sedan (a Fiesta with a boot!!! what a stupid idea).
Yuck!

Old 01-07-2005, 12:17 PM   #27
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedStar71
I'd say you are right Teki, I thought that version also sold in Europe but not the UK but you are very right about the Brazillian version. I also see that the Brazillians did a Sedan (a Fiesta with a boot!!! what a stupid idea).
Yuck!
Yes, i did my research (before and after buying my car)... I knew what i was getting, and that no new mod was coming out for at least 1 year.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As for the sedan.... hahhahhhhaa, someone stuck the Focus sedan in the dryer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-07-2005, 12:51 PM   #28
lincoln
Blinded

The Tigra is a carbriolet with a hard top, like the 206 CC. It's not a performance car. They'll be a SRI version of the new Corsa/Barina though by the end of the year, so the facelift is in response to Ford's greatest competitor in the UK.

New dash looks nice, IMO
lincoln is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2005, 06:47 PM   #29
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lincoln
The Tigra is a carbriolet with a hard top, like the 206 CC. It's not a performance car. They'll be a SRI version of the new Corsa/Barina though by the end of the year, so the facelift is in response to Ford's greatest competitor in the UK.

New dash looks nice, IMO
The Barina... there already is a SRi version of the new (latest here) Barina...
Also, i think it was determined that the dash might not be correct... its a fusion

Old 02-07-2005, 01:31 PM   #30
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Cool Facelifted Fiesta

Hmm, not sure about the facelift.
One thing for sure, those lights look to be a hell of a lot more powerfull the beam would probably be alot wider and cover more of the road.
I do like the Speedo, tacho instrument cluster in facelift. looks hot.
I really dont think its needed just yet though. Maybe another year. :yeees:
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post