Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 23-05-2008, 04:12 PM   #31
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8
According to VFacts, Ford is only selling around 300 a month. That across Oz you won't see them on the road as a Ford , Holden etc. Ford said they need to sell 500 a month to maintain a viable business proposition. FORD LOOK AT THE CRAPPY ADDS FOR THE MONDEO AND THE FG !!! Thats why the Mondeo isn't selling.!!!!
Interesting csv8 knew it had to be low so lets take as an average for W.A,S.A,VIC,NSW,QLD and a handful for NT,TAS, Outback that's 60 cars per state so now you see why there are not many around and what is worse the next MrkII model may not happen because of this....still will be getting on in the new finanical year

apstar
apstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2008, 05:09 PM   #32
paulie0735
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

My info is that Ford Aus are being allocated the Mondeo, this means they are only getting what they are given not what they are ordering. I suggest if they could get the supply they would be selling a lot more.
paulie0735 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2008, 07:49 PM   #33
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Quote:
According to VFacts, Ford is only selling around 300 a month. That across Oz you won't see them on the road as a Ford , Holden etc. Ford said they need to sell 500 a month to maintain a viable business proposition. FORD LOOK AT THE CRAPPY ADDS FOR THE MONDEO AND THE FG !!! Thats why the Mondeo isn't selling.!!!!
They're selling but Ford can't get enough due to European demand.
Old 24-05-2008, 01:13 AM   #34
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hang on most of the yards I been to have several cars on display now maybe they are stock standard models and not what most want like me and others here Leather Seats,Bluetooth,Diesel,Hatch,Color

apstar
Old 24-05-2008, 01:27 AM   #35
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
cant get 500 per month...
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2008, 10:56 AM   #36
scribbly

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
They're selling but Ford can't get enough due to European demand.
That's true. If you look at the MEG forum they frequently lament the time now taken for an order - it's about 6 months.

MA Mondeo
SZ Territory Titanium - >400,000 km
VF SSV Redline
BiTurbo Ranger XLT
scribbly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2008, 11:49 AM   #37
marcosambrose

Its all down to demand unfortunately, lets hope the 2009 Fiesta doesnt have the same issues, that car has the potential to be a class leader!
marcosambrose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2008, 05:53 PM   #38
zetec
Zoom Zoom

I guess for some it's easy to talk crap when you have no idea what you're on about.
Old 11-06-2008, 08:49 AM   #39
GRT046
Mondeo TDCi

Mondeo 565 sales in May (3rd in Class behind Camry and Mazda6) Numbers are beginning to ramp up. Quoted in GoAutoNews
Sunroof
GRT046 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2008, 11:01 PM   #40
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Go Mondeo!!!!!!!
Old 11-06-2008, 11:11 PM   #41
photn
AFF Post NAZI

i saw one in silverdale. Red and XR5T. any1 here?

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2008, 11:24 PM   #42
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've seen a couple of Mondeos on the road actually. some LX's, some TDCi's, some XR5Ts. They look awesome on the road. However, they're under a lot of pressure from the class leaders of mid-size cars... most people opt to buy the Mazda6 (the new 6 is fantastic).
Ives is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2008, 09:29 PM   #43
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yipeeeeee saw my first Mondeo today nice XR5 parked at Parramatta footy oval Tango color with towbar

apstar
Old 12-06-2008, 09:49 PM   #44
bathurst77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i was coming up Gt western highway today behind Tango LX with cruise pack and sunroof.. me in tango Zetec. gave him the smile n nod as we were side by side 1-2 style
bathurst77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2008, 11:44 AM   #45
Zippy7

The only Mondeo I have seen outside a Ford dealership was one that was waiting at Chatswood station one night. It was dark, so I couldnt tell the colour, and I was in a hurry to get home as it was cold and windy.
Zippy7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2008, 10:51 AM   #46
Dusty1
Giddy up!

I see a few around Melbourne. Not that many, but I don't do the driving I used to. It would be a pity not to keep the model here. The hatch is great, plenty of room, and it's comfortable on long drives as well.

If anyone sees the car to the left, give me a wave, I am a waver.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2008, 02:15 PM   #47
Lord Viykor
XR5 convert

My missus has the car most of the time, she was telling me that she seen two in traffic earlier this week.

One was a TDCi in Panther the other was a Panther not sure what model though.

This would have been the north side of Brisbane.
The mods: Window tint | Fomoco alloy pedals | Red painted brake calipers | THB Bury bluetooth | Bluefin | GGR CAI | Bilstein B6 sports dampers | Eilbach lowered coils | 2XS Inhaler (Top Induction Pipe) | EBC Ultimax discs and EBC red stuff brake pads | Mongoose 3" dump with Mongoose 3" 200 cell cat into custom system with Varex mufflers | Forge re-circ valve | Airtech intercooler coming soon
Lord Viykor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2008, 05:59 PM   #48
Katoomba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ives
... most people opt to buy the Mazda6 (the new 6 is fantastic).
That was my first choice but the premium fuel put me off. I'm more than happy with my Mondeo so Mazda did me a favour.
Katoomba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2008, 11:37 AM   #49
GRT046
Mondeo TDCi

I saw two within 100 metres of leaving North Lakes last week, one red and the other silver (not close enough to confirm models). As well there are two other owners and members of this forum living in the vicinity so the numbers are getting up here.
Sunroof
GRT046 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2008, 04:15 PM   #50
Zippy7

Finally spotted another Mondeo XR5 on the road - Sea Grey travelling on Old Northern Road at Castle Hill (Sydney).
Old 05-07-2008, 09:01 PM   #51
Homer
Poor IT dude

I have seen a few in WA including a nice black one today.
Yesterday I saw a silver one used as a TAXI!
Homer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2008, 03:32 PM   #52
ian b

Today, my closest encounter with another Mondeo, on Hat Hill Road Blackheath, at about 1.30pm.

Not sure of model, but looked like Blue Ambition (with roof rails.)
Old 07-07-2008, 03:51 PM   #53
r2d2

Just Spotted a Black XR5 going up Hay Street in the City (Perth) about 12.20. Couldnt see the plates but looked nice.

Hope it was someone here.

James

R2D2
Old 16-07-2008, 09:32 PM   #54
ian b

Spotted two today, one on GWH in Blackheath about 4.15 heading west, and overtaken by another around 4.45 heading east around the top of Lapstone Hill.

Could it have been Katoomba or Bathurst77?
Let me know if it was you guys.
Old 17-07-2008, 09:23 AM   #55
Katoomba

Hi, Ian b, our Mondeo is a Thunder Zetec Hatch.

My wife was tail-gated so dangerously by a Mondeo yesterday afternoon on the way back to the Mountains from the city she pulled to the side of the ride. The Mondeo passed her and then was right up the b*m of the next car in line.

This Mondeo was one of the discontinued blue colour.

PS Saw my second only new Falcon yesterday. These seem to be even scarcer than Mondeos!
Katoomba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2008, 07:48 PM   #56
bathurst77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mines a Tango Zetech hatch with black glass and black "euro style" numberplates. Tango is burgandy/maroon colour.
Phew glad you said the tailgater was blue, I sometimes get accused of tailgating and i dont even mean to.

Starting to see a number of new falcs about. Last week I was down in wollongong and co-incidentally parked beside a G6E in almost identical colour.
Gee they do look similar from some angles!

Coincindentally altho I was in Wollongong, this matching G6E had Sinclair Ford, Penrith stickers.

PS I LOVE lapstone hill can nail it both ways.

Last edited by bathurst77; 17-07-2008 at 07:55 PM.
bathurst77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2008, 09:51 PM   #57
ian b

Wasn't me tailgating, I have a sea grey XR5, black and white plates also.

The car I saw in Blackheath could have been the discontinued blue, I only spotted it at the last minute so didn't get a real good look.

Will look out for you as I travel GWH at least three times a week each way.
Old 20-07-2008, 02:09 PM   #58
Lord Viykor
XR5 convert

Seen a Thunder Zetec? going through Kallangur today around lunch time, it was heading towards Petrie.
The mods: Window tint | Fomoco alloy pedals | Red painted brake calipers | THB Bury bluetooth | Bluefin | GGR CAI | Bilstein B6 sports dampers | Eilbach lowered coils | 2XS Inhaler (Top Induction Pipe) | EBC Ultimax discs and EBC red stuff brake pads | Mongoose 3" dump with Mongoose 3" 200 cell cat into custom system with Varex mufflers | Forge re-circ valve | Airtech intercooler coming soon
Lord Viykor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-07-2008, 08:24 PM   #59
monkeyboy666

Quote:
Spotted two today, one on GWH in Blackheath about 4.15 heading west, and overtaken by another around 4.45 heading east around the top of Lapstone Hill.
I work at RAAF Glenbrook and leave around that time so if it was a thunder hatch then it may have been me - unless you have a complaint about my driving, in which case it wasn't, honest! Theres another Mondeo on base too - a blue ambition hatch - maybe HE was the evil tailgater that Katoombas other half encountered....

Last weekend I filled up at Camden, drove to Penrith then through the mountains, then through Lithgow and Bathurst and spent the night at Orange. Next day went south to Cowra, then down to Yass and back to Camden via the F5. And I still had enough fuel left in the car to do Camden to Glenbrook and back (100km round trip) on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.

I stupidly forgot to reset my trip computer before I started out so precise figures aren't available but all up managed at least 1200km on the tank - including the stop start Saturday morning traffic through the Blue Mountains. Pretty good I reckon, and as a bonus, diesel dropped 4 cents a litre today at the servo I use at Camden - 181.9 which is nice (194.9 at Orange last week - glad I didn't need any but could just drive smuggly past, with "950km to empty" showing on the dash!)
monkeyboy666 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-07-2008, 08:54 PM   #60
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Went to ask at an Woolies petrol outlet if diesel is included in the 4 cent discount he said not sure but would be surprised he said and I said why not he said "I don't think diesel is a common fuel" need I say what was going through my mind :

apstar