Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 28-01-2007, 12:54 PM   #1
Quadcams
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default New Boss manual record!

Chris and Craig are doing some more testing at Heathcote today after sorting out a few issues from the other night on my car.

First pass

11.87@116mph

92mph half track

1.68 60ft

Its still spinning the tyres and only left the line at 4000rpm.

Hopefully more to come!!

Quadcams is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2007, 12:56 PM   #2
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Good stuff mate, as i said in the Calder thread that ute of yours is one nice bit of gear, good to see they have got it performing for you today.
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2007, 01:22 PM   #3
Quadcams
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Oh well boys are heading home on the second pass they snapped the other eye bolt on the leaf springs, I have acouple of changes still to do in strenghening the rear end but on that pass Chris had to get off it when he hit 2nd when the bolt broke and did 88mph to half track then got back on it to record 12.0@117mph, showing some good potential.
Old 28-01-2007, 01:34 PM   #4
X ORSMXR
missing the panther

Well done to you Wade this car is a animal and yes we will see lower times yet.
Chris sure knows how to build an engine, and also a good racer.

Congrats again.
X ORSMXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2007, 01:38 PM   #5
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

Congrats and badluck.

I'm sure the N/A record will be falling soon. Iwas expecting to change my signature on friday night and then today, maybe next week . Good luck

Authorised Streetfighter, Pcmtec , SCT & HP Tuners Tuning Agent,
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2007, 01:39 PM   #6
PhantomXR8
Now a FG XR8 in Nitro

Thumbs up Times

Good stuff Wade! There appears to be so much potential in that car of your's. These standard Fords weren't built to be 11sec cars, just some developement needed to get the best out of it. It's in good hands at the moment, by the time you get it it back it will be ready!
Old 28-01-2007, 01:58 PM   #7
Quadcams
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratter
Congrats and badluck.

I'm sure the N/A record will be falling soon. Iwas expecting to change my signature on friday night and then today, maybe next week . Good luck
Cheers ratter thought we let you keep it a little longer mate, I knew we would get a few issues especially being a manual but once sorted should net more PB's.
Old 28-01-2007, 02:29 PM   #8
Bluepower
KenneBell Australia

Im sorry Wade, my mistake buddy............

Craig had his heart set on fitting the oztrac system, i wanted to stick with a known combo, knowing i was only going to be gentle with the vehicle on the launch.

I honestly had no idea the car would be so violent. The first pass i left a shade under 4000, the second around 4500.

The car really shook the tyres hard in the second pass, and on the 1-2 change i heard a BANG, glanced quickly at the oil guage and tach, noticed the steering wheel had gone off centre, i saw the 1.68 on the timing boards so i thought "**** this, if i bend it i'll replace it" and stayed on it, car went 12.0@117 with only 88 at the half due to the breakage, pulling gears early (6000) not wanting to shock load the tyres.

God knows what a proper launch will do, in Craigs car i was leaving at 5000rpm, but at these rpm he has only 230 odd rwkw, you have over 300 there so i think we need to look at some strength.

otherwise, apart from shaking the ground at idle, the car is ready.Craig has been working like a steam train on this thing since i finished the engine, what a guy, again crew chief, unbeatable team.

11.87 buddy, first manual 11, I hope you enjoy your car as much as we have enjoyed your friendship mate. Im glad you got this one, all the Boss record holders bar Rods TT mph record have all been customers and friends of mine - im glad this ones yours. Like Ratter, your car has made history, no one can re do this mate. All yours. :evil3:

Im off to walk my dog, fix my RC jet, and take my girl to lunch @ the pub.

Thanks for being patient man, i wanted this bad for you.

Bluepower Racing Developments

Proud Australian Distributors of Kenne Bell superchargers
The Quickest, The Fastest, The Baddest Boss Blower of all.

www.bluepower.com.au

Bluepower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2007, 02:38 PM   #9
PhantomXR8
Now a FG XR8 in Nitro

Thumbs up Boss

Excellent work Chris and to Craig. I can't wait to hear this thing, a Boss with good cams, I have to see this!
Old 28-01-2007, 02:56 PM   #10
XRCIST
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

My God!!!!! That is fantastic, i was gobsmacked when i saw this car at Calder on friday.
XRCIST is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2007, 04:32 PM   #11
Jeeepers
Merry Xmas To All

Well done Chris and Craig, awsome stuff yet again. And Wade, that beast is a legend mate. It's been a while in the waiting, but all worth it. I can see some "hard to match let alone beat" times coming. The Aussie Car/Bluepower combo is a standard that is extremely hard to top.

Well done again Guys.
Jeeepers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2007, 04:42 PM   #12
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Congrats on the time guy's, Wade when do you come down to pick it up?

Anyone see a Silver F6 down there?

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2007, 04:59 PM   #13
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Very Nice.

Looks like this car will turn some heads on its next track day
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2007, 05:14 PM   #14
Des
V8 Rock'n'Roll....

Location: You got me Rootin' like a Hog, Barkin' like a Dog, Climbing trees and Jumping logs....

Well done to all....Think I might be making a trip out to wsid when your out there next. 117 mph after getting off it, awesome.

208.8 rwkw stock, update soon

20x8.5 fr 20x10 rr
Rumble thanks to:
Sureflo Exhaust - Stainless Cat's & 3.5in single catback system

"Tell 'em the guy with the Blue Mohawk sent Ya"
Des is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2007, 05:22 PM   #15
rodderz

Well done, Wade I bet your hanging to get behind the wheel of it again!
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2007, 05:23 PM   #16
XFALCONX

Wow great results there Wade and those who were directly involved.Chris and Graig glad you guys are down here in Vic mate otherwise we would all be driving Holdens for a speed fix.
WELL DONE
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2007, 06:08 PM   #17
Craig
RIP Craig - 13/11/08
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoolMan
Anyone see a Silver F6 down there?
We were there for 55 minutes and i didn't notice one.....
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2007, 06:11 PM   #18
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodderz
Well done, Wade I bet your hanging to get behind the wheel of it again!
If that was my ute i wouldn't be able to stay away from it :sm_drool:
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2007, 06:31 PM   #19
Craig
RIP Craig - 13/11/08
Donating Member1

Well this has certainly been an interesting couple of days running Wade's car at the track. What an amazing car on the road it makes my car look like a suzuki swift.....LOL....

1st time out at calder on friday night we had traction issues but still managed 12.23

Saturday - time for a check of the car, we found that the left hand rear leaf spring was broken. Fixed that then back on the dyno for a tickle.

Sunday - up to Heathcote (where Chris and I much prefer to run cars)

1st run

60ft = 1.68
660ft = 7.591
660 MPH = 91.89
ET = 11.871 : :
MPH = 115.77

Great first up run with mildish tune and set up, so lets get after it.

2nd run

60ft = 1.68
660ft = 7.723
660 MPH = 88.10
ET = 12.075
MPH = 117.46

The car shook and rattled and did everything wrong at the 1 - 2 change but Chris thinking he was John Force pedalled the car down through there.

Upon inspection we found the other leaf spring had broken. Load up and home we go. That was the shortest amount of time i have ever spent at a racetrack that's for sure.

All in all a satisfying day for ACE and BLUE POWER - another record in our camp and some more info to apply to other cars and some work to do on Wade's to make this thing really fly.

Sorry Wade your not getting this car back until we are satisfied that all is OK. :eclipsee_

The engine is strong, clutch is nice, gearbox and diff are cool too. We will change a few things and head out to Heathcote next sunday for some BIG fun. : : : :

Cheers Craig
Old 28-01-2007, 06:34 PM   #20
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig@ACE

Upon inspection we found the other leaf spring had broken. Load up and home we go.
At least it's not the diff, a spring is cheaper and a quicker fix..

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2007, 06:37 PM   #21
Jeeepers
Merry Xmas To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig@ACE
Well this has certainly been an interesting couple of days running Wade's car at the track. What an amazing car on the road it makes my car look like a suzuki swift.....LOL....

1st time out at calder on friday night we had traction issues but still managed 12.23

Saturday - time for a check of the car, we found that the left hand rear leaf spring was broken. Fixed that then back on the dyno for a tickle.

Sunday - up to Heathcote (where Chris and I much prefer to run cars)

1st run

60ft = 1.68
660ft = 7.591
660 MPH = 91.89
ET = 11.871 : :
MPH = 115.77

Great first up run with mildish tune and set up, so lets get after it.

2nd run

60ft = 1.68
660ft = 7.723
660 MPH = 88.10
ET = 12.075
MPH = 117.46

The car shook and rattled and did everything wrong at the 1 - 2 change but Chris thinking he was John Force pedalled the car down through there.

Upon inspection we found the other leaf spring had broken. Load up and home we go. That was the shortest amount of time i have ever spent at a racetrack that's for sure.

All in all a satisfying day for ACE and BLUE POWER - another record in our camp and some more info to apply to other cars and some work to do on Wade's to make this thing really fly.

Sorry Wade your not getting this car back until we are satisfied that all is OK. :eclipsee_

The engine is strong, clutch is nice, gearbox and diff are cool too. We will change a few things and head out to Heathcote next sunday for some BIG fun. : : : :

Cheers Craig
This Sunday coming? I will come along too, what time you leaving Melton?
Old 28-01-2007, 06:45 PM   #22
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORSM T
This Sunday coming? I will come along too, what time you leaving Melton?

Ill join in on this one if I may
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2007, 06:47 PM   #23
Quadcams
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Very true Mark, we knew all along this motor with a manual behind it would really show the weaknesses in these rear ends as there's a couple of areas that need to be addressed.
Old 28-01-2007, 06:52 PM   #24
Jeeepers
Merry Xmas To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laminge
Ill join in on this one if I may
Cool, this would be good see 1st hand. This time the camera will be charged...LOL
Old 28-01-2007, 06:59 PM   #25
DABOSS
BA Black Edition

Well done guys on the milestone, As someone once said " WE'RE NOT HERE TO F%*$ SPIDERS"

DABOSS is coming too , I miss my car , Being on holidays in Mauritius I really miss the power of my GT , but getting use to 5 series BMW diesel grant is s h i t .

Cant wait to get back home....
Old 28-01-2007, 07:19 PM   #26
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Great results gents, it looked like an easy launch at Calder Friday night, good to see it went as expected today.
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2007, 07:57 PM   #27
MrBean_oz
Starter Motor

Great going, certainly showing the grunt these motors have when being able to put the power down. a Bit more work, and luck, and mid 11's around the corner.

Impressive consistent 60ft times, 1.68's not bad at all, Guys. Good driving.

Can someone point me to when/where the dragmeets are in Vic, as I need to be testing my UTE soon?

Feedback would be appreciated.
MrBean_oz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2007, 08:26 PM   #28
Craig
RIP Craig - 13/11/08
Donating Member1

Quote:
Yep, been there done that. This is why it has been cool racing our own cars because we new we couldn't/shouldn't launch Wade's over 5500RPM as it would probably explode the diff just like mine did back in october......

Last edited by Craig; 28-01-2007 at 08:54 PM.
Old 28-01-2007, 08:41 PM   #29
nugget378
Weezland

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to impart knowledge in the technical areas. 

Great times for the first few runs,can only get better from here,cant wait to see it hit WSID...
nugget378 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2007, 08:41 PM   #30
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Good going guys.Wade when your going to run it in Sydney let me know..

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post