Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 03-04-2005, 10:10 PM   #61
Xtreme F6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr8888
Rodderz.....I'll be bringing the Nittos plus a new clutch :
Have my Beast back on the road tomorrow with a Mal woods stage 2 in it.... Then ill be back at the track to finish of a full pass ;)

Silhouette FG F6 Xtreme Ford Tuning spec, Power so far 1100+RWHP

FG XR8 Ute 3 speed auto and converter and 9 inch XFT built 5.4 SCJ engine 4.0 litre Whipple 9.40 @ 148 mph Fastest Modular blown Falcon in Aus 4180pounds.

FG GS Miami/Coyote Ute Auto. XFT Xtreme 5.0 Coyote package 10.84 stock blower.

XFT F6E Stage III XFT Engine, stage III XFT ZF along with our new XFT Set up precision, quickest FG ZF with a 9.25@150 MPH
Xtreme F6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2005, 10:12 PM   #62
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodderz
Good words Chris. For myself the achievement as motor enthusiasts is what it's about...watching fast cars. Faster they go the better to watch!

About those tyres....'knoath i'll have a crack with them, but got a good clutch to go with it? lol
If you like watching cars go fast you would of loved the holden vs ford show, there was one rod that was in supercharged outlaw or something. Ran low 7's and couldn't get the power down, at 3/4 track he tried to give it some and it'd just step out. Probally the best looking car there, dont know what i spent more time looking at his car or his missus :.
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2005, 10:16 PM   #63
X ORSMXR
missing the panther

OH SHIT !!!!!!! Has anyone got any sleeping tablets that will last till Saturday morning l just cant wait any longer
Old 03-04-2005, 10:22 PM   #64
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Rodderz.....I'll be bringing the Nittos plus a new clutch :
i will be bringing some Wild Turkey..lol
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2005, 10:38 PM   #65
Quadcams
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRFPV8
i will be bringing some Wild Turkey..lol
Mark that shit will kill ya. :
Quadcams is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2005, 10:56 PM   #66
Rod

congratulations Craig
well done,

hey Simon well done on yet enother great tune & this one from a distance, you have a few good scores on the board

Kev as for that remark about you me & mark not being the smallest in the BA's i will have you know i resemble the remark 4:

regards
rod
Rod is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2005, 11:01 PM   #67
SpoolMan

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod
congratulations Craig
well done,

hey Simon well done on yet enother great tune & this one from a distance, you have a few good scores on the board

Kev as for that remark about you me & mark not being the smallest in the BA's i will have you know i resemble the remark 4:

regards
rod
Hi Rod, : well he may have a point, plus if you have a traction problem i may have to lay down under the hard lid...we have lift off...
Old 04-04-2005, 12:01 AM   #68
rodderz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowride260
Mark that shit will kill ya. :
I think Mark's a bit of a wild turkey himself

(gobble gobble)
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2005, 02:09 AM   #69
Fordy
EMC-Benzenes Detailing

Quote:
Hi Glenn, Hamo says forget about the Boss its the AU he wants going..lol.

He is selling himself short, Craig it takes time and its not as easy as some think.... keep at it....it will come...

Chris, this is how it should always be.. no BA wars...OFR declares War on the Holdens.. out:
Dont worry about the Jugs... next Saturday night Hamo and myself are into the wild turkey, we are having a party in someone’s Bendigo motel room...lol. : .
Safeway this week 2 bottles $60 cheap special guys..

hi Johnny, When are you going for your next run, have you had a run since the Edit being done?

Chris, is this the one that’s getting an exchange?

It Starts at 4.00 pm Heathcote is around 90 mins before you get into Melbourne..
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guy’s don’t forget to Sign up for OFR its worth 2/10’s ..lol..
Join Here: http://206.225.84.45/showthread.php?t=4303
There is an OFR encouragement award voted by the judges, at this meeting.
G&D Performance & OFR have put up a prize.

havnt had a chance since the edit has been done, it rained last week and was too hot the week before...........soon as i get a chance i'll be there.
Fordy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2005, 09:08 AM   #70
Chris
AFF.com.au

Quote:
Chris, is this the one that’s getting an exchange?
Not sure what you mean by exchange, the car im referring to is an unopened 260 sedan with a 5speed, CAI, helix, full exhaust and an edit.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2005, 09:11 AM   #71
Chris
AFF.com.au

uh oh, looks like a turkey invasion
Old 04-04-2005, 09:13 AM   #72
Chris
AFF.com.au

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP-330
Have my Beast back on the road tomorrow with a Mal woods stage 2 in it.... Then ill be back at the track to finish of a full pass ;)
Shit, looks like the $50 i paid the guy at the post office to "lose" the clutch must have been lost itself..............
Old 04-04-2005, 11:22 AM   #73
Xtreme F6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris
Shit, looks like the $50 i paid the guy at the post office to "lose" the clutch must have been lost itself..............
your a funnah funnah man :

FG XR8 Ute 3 speed auto and converter and 9 inch XFT built 5.4 SCJ engine 4.0 litre Whipple 9.40 @ 148 mph Fastest Modular blown Falcon in Aus 4180pounds.

XFT F6E Stage III XFT Engine, stage III XFT ZF along with our new XFT Set up precision, quickest FG ZF with a 9.25@150 MPH
Old 04-04-2005, 12:12 PM   #74
GT 8888
↑↑ USERNAME ↑↑

Quote:
Just had my Mal Wood Stage II put in on Friday....trust me you'll love it.

Brad

"I wasn't speeding officer...I was qualifying"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 347_XR8
If the Grim Reaper drove a car....it would have to be that car!
GT 8888 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2005, 08:05 PM   #75
rodderz

Quote:
Just had my Mal Wood Stage II put in on Friday....trust me you'll love it.

Brad
How do you find it Brad...harder or easier to take off? More grab after every gear change?
Old 04-04-2005, 08:16 PM   #76
GT 8888
↑↑ USERNAME ↑↑

Quote:
How do you find it Brad...harder or easier to take off? More grab after every gear change?
Rodderz...it really grabs on each change......take off is about the same as before. Pedal is a bit stiffer but nothing to drastic.

I'll let you judge for yourself on Saturday mate :

Cheers

Brad

"I wasn't speeding officer...I was qualifying"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 347_XR8
If the Grim Reaper drove a car....it would have to be that car!
GT 8888 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2005, 10:09 PM   #77
Chris
AFF.com.au

Tried and tested and recommended by me, espcially nice falling from 6200 on a 113mph pass :

HOWEVER i think the clutches will last a little longer if the inspection plate is removed or ventilated, to stop vacuuming the diaphragm.
Old 04-04-2005, 10:10 PM   #78
rodderz

Quote:
HOWEVER i think the clutches will last a little longer if the inspection plate is removed or ventilated, to stop vacuuming the diaphragm.
Is this the stock or mal woods clutch chris?
Old 04-04-2005, 10:21 PM   #79
Chris
AFF.com.au

Quote:
Is this the stock or mal woods clutch chris?

Well, it will help either, but I would try taking the cover off the standard clutch, it will give it more effective clamping force at revs, for sure.
Old 04-04-2005, 10:35 PM   #80
Xtreme F6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Well, it will help either, but I would try taking the cover off the standard clutch, it will give it more effective clamping force at revs, for sure.
Maybe would set up a little fan in there for it incase it gets a little hot mate :

hahah all jokes aside just drove home with the mals woods in it... Actually shocked how much stiffer it is. Thankkfully the 5th gear rumble vibration was fixed at the same time with the factory fix they did.

Old 04-04-2005, 10:50 PM   #81
Chris
AFF.com.au

Very funny mate, if your left leg was as strong as your Flash tuner hand the clutch should be easy.................

Maybe you better develop a tune for a focus if thats the only clutch you can operate lol

(damn - mental note - dont give him ideas!!!!)
Old 04-04-2005, 10:55 PM   #82
Xtreme F6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Very funny mate, if your left leg was as strong as your Flash tuner hand the clutch should be easy.................

Maybe you better develop a tune for a focus if thats the only clutch you can operate lol

(damn - mental note - dont give him ideas!!!!)
hahah mate, the focus is a priority actually :P

as for my legs, heh i squat 130 kilos nicley, its just stiffer then it was thats all, my misses only weighs 44 kilos and has had double hip replacements, she tried to push it down tonight and sai... OMG what have you done i cant drive it anymore... Needles to say i was devistated at the prospect : :

Old 04-04-2005, 10:58 PM   #83
SpoolMan

i want to see a Edited tuned Auto, i have only seen one edited auto and the results were not setting my hamburger on fire..lol.. :

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
Old 04-04-2005, 11:06 PM   #84
HEMI POWER
N/A BOSS 390+

Quote:
i want to see a Edited tuned Auto, i have only seen one edited auto and the results were not setting my hamburger on fire..lol.. :
I don't think the hamburger was lit at the GT Nats either Mark. :evilsasmo
ALL AUSSIE MUSCLE
HEMI POWER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2005, 11:08 PM   #85
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
hahah mate, the focus is a priority actually :P

as for my legs, heh i squat 130 kilos nicley, its just stiffer then it was thats all, my misses only weighs 44 kilos and has had double hip replacements, she tried to push it down tonight and sai... OMG what have you done i cant drive it anymore... Needles to say i was devistated at the prospect : :
How much stiffer is the new clutch. What sort of dollars is one worth fitted.
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2005, 11:12 PM   #86
SpoolMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPVGT
I don't think the hamburger was lit at the GT Nats either Mark. :evilsasmo
i think your spot on there, may need to be flame grilled...lol. 4:

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
Old 04-04-2005, 11:26 PM   #87
Chris
AFF.com.au

Quote:
hmmmmmm........a totally stock auto ute maybe??
Old 05-04-2005, 01:04 AM   #88
Xtreme F6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRQTOR
How much stiffer is the new clutch. What sort of dollars is one worth fitted.
Depends where you shop around buddy. Generally you will pay around the 1500.00 including fitting.

I would say its about 20 percent stiffer on the foot? It rattles a little now in nuetral which it didnt used to do but the overall feel of the clutch is lovely and the short shifter i had fitted is lovely also, 285 mal woods short shifter, one of the cheapest and best investments around.

Last edited by Xtreme F6; 05-04-2005 at 01:05 AM.
Old 05-04-2005, 01:09 AM   #89
SpoolMan

Quote:
285 mal woods short shifter, one of the cheapest and best investments around.
$285 for his short shifter is cheap, I know Kev wants a good one; they tried one from another company and sent it back. Said it was ordinary.
Old 05-04-2005, 01:47 AM   #90
Xtreme F6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
$285 for his short shifter is cheap, I know Kev wants a good one; they tried one from another company and sent it back. Said it was ordinary.
I was extremely impressed with Mals one, hence why i ordered 5 today for stock.

I also ordered 5 clutch kits with flywheels aswell.