Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 02-04-2005, 08:13 PM   #1
PhantomXR8
Now a FG XR8 in Nitro

Talking Who has the quickest N/A unopended BA XR8

Hello,
Went to WSID today for the Ford v Holden meeting, I blew out my nominated time but hey, it was a 13.293. I know someone else is claiming to have the quickest unopened BA XR8, could mine be the quickest now? Certainly the fastest, at 108.11mph, please show me the slip to put me right. My slip is attached, thanks Simon from XtremeFordtuning for supplying the tune. I'm a novice to drag racing, there's more in her!
Old 02-04-2005, 08:25 PM   #2
Xtreme F6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomXR8
Hello,
Went to WSID today for the Ford v Holden meeting, I blew out my nominated time but hey, it was a 13.293. I know someone else is claiming to have the quickest unopened BA XR8, could mine be the quickest now? Certainly the fastest, at 108.11mph, please show me the slip to put me right. My slip is attached, thanks Simon from XtremeFordtuning for supplying the tune. I'm a novice to drag racing, there's more in her!

Thats awsome mate!! well done on a great time and new PB!. Now thats one tuff XR8!. Good to see a couple of these XR8's doing some serious times.

I think Big Kev is in there with you mate, not sure of his time but i believe its in the 13.2's somewhere. I cant believe the MPH you did. Now thats some serious STONK!

Better change that signature i think ,mate :P

Silhouette FG F6 Xtreme Ford Tuning spec, Power so far 1100+RWHP

FG XR8 Ute 3 speed auto and converter and 9 inch XFT built 5.4 SCJ engine 4.0 litre Whipple 9.40 @ 148 mph Fastest Modular blown Falcon in Aus 4180pounds.

FG GS Miami/Coyote Ute Auto. XFT Xtreme 5.0 Coyote package 10.84 stock blower.

XFT F6E Stage III XFT Engine, stage III XFT ZF along with our new XFT Set up precision, quickest FG ZF with a 9.25@150 MPH
Xtreme F6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2005, 08:47 PM   #3
Gambit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP-330
Is your sig supposed to say 192 or 292rwkw?
Gambit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2005, 08:48 PM   #4
Gambit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Hello,
Congrats on the time mate.
Gambit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2005, 08:56 PM   #5
Xtreme F6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambit
Is your sig supposed to say 192 or 292rwkw?
hahah dont go there mate :P .. that was a joke ive let go on a little long , Ill fix it for you

Silhouette FG F6 Xtreme Ford Tuning spec, Power so far 1100+RWHP

FG XR8 Ute 3 speed auto and converter and 9 inch XFT built 5.4 SCJ engine 4.0 litre Whipple 9.40 @ 148 mph Fastest Modular blown Falcon in Aus 4180pounds.

FG GS Miami/Coyote Ute Auto. XFT Xtreme 5.0 Coyote package 10.84 stock blower.

XFT F6E Stage III XFT Engine, stage III XFT ZF along with our new XFT Set up precision, quickest FG ZF with a 9.25@150 MPH
Xtreme F6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2005, 09:04 PM   #6
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Craig, Awesome time, well done and your MPH is outstanding...
must have a good map in that car, good work Simon..
Sp9000's and 3.45's?
Kev has gone 13.20 but i will get that confirmed.
Your MPH suggests that you should be running a 12 sec pass very soon..
Anyway good news for all Ford owners, I am really happy for you, that MPH :king: is to die for never seen nothing like that on a 260 Boss.....
Craig update the time slip forum...

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW

Last edited by SpoolMan; 02-04-2005 at 10:39 PM.
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2005, 09:05 PM   #7
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

That MPH is fantastic, show's the Boss make's the mumbo, great time as well.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2005, 09:12 PM   #8
PhantomXR8
Now a FG XR8 in Nitro

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP-330

I'm a bit slow on that front, it's done now!
Old 02-04-2005, 09:20 PM   #9
PhantomXR8
Now a FG XR8 in Nitro

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRFPV8
Sp9000's and 3.45's?

Mark,
I have to thank you of course for the 3.46s, the Toyo RA1's though are from my wallet. The great tune from Simon was also from my wallet, but it's definately the right stuff, good work by him. I'm also blown away by the mph, even the Holden guys were impressed. Like I said, there's plenty left in her. If the Rods, Simon or Mark hopped in it I'm sure it would have cracked a 13.0 or 13.1. Kev's time is listed as a 13.2, I'm interested to see that the figure after the 2.
Old 02-04-2005, 09:38 PM   #10
SpoolMan

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
. If the Rods, Simon or Mark hopped in it I'm sure it would have cracked a 13.0 or 13.1. Kev's time is listed as a 13.2, .
Not me mate i dont have patience, clutch expirence on a strip for me is a easy 15 years ago, the last manual i drove was the TT Monaro at Christmas.
So the Toyo's how good are they your thoughts?

Old 02-04-2005, 09:51 PM   #11
PhantomXR8
Now a FG XR8 in Nitro

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRFPV8
Not me mate i dont have patience, clutch expirence on a strip for me is a easy 15 years ago, the last manual i drove was the TT Monaro at Christmas.
So the Toyo's how good are they your thoughts?
I wasn't able to take full advantage of them, I had about 27psi in them when I posted my best time. The launch though was awesome, had it sitting on 2800rpm, rolled off the clutch and it just went. The Dunlops would have just fried. It didn't bog down and I didn't hear a squeal although outside someone else heard a little one. I knew I was on a good one after the launch, was over the moon although I lost the race!
Old 02-04-2005, 10:09 PM   #12
SpoolMan

Quote:
II knew I was on a good one after the launch, was over the moon although I lost the race!
never race the other car, just get out there and beat your PB, get that 1.80 60 foot you will be the 1st manual boss into the 12's and the 1st N/A 260...
kev has many 13.2 tickets he is posting a 13.2462 shortly...

Old 02-04-2005, 10:20 PM   #13
PhantomXR8
Now a FG XR8 in Nitro

Talking Wsid

If you're right Mark. all I can say is....you baaastard Kev, 5 hundredths, cmon... Like I said in the PM to you, Mark, ask him to list the MPH as well. And, yep, I'll have to perfect my launching style. I'm only scratching the surface with this thing of mine, I'm only a beginner, it's got grunt!
Old 02-04-2005, 10:26 PM   #14
SpoolMan

Quote:
If you're right Mark. all I can say is....you baaastard Kev, 5 hundredths, cmon... Like I said in the PM to you, Mark, ask him to list the MPH as well. And, yep, I'll have to perfect my launching style. I'm only scratching the surface with this thing of mine, I'm only a beginner, it's got grunt!
Your MPH is very good but the prize is only for the ET, dont think Kevs MPH is like yours....Rodderz had just over 106mph..
Next week you have to give it a bit more off the line...
Old 02-04-2005, 10:27 PM   #15
Kev_BLNXR8_Ute
Hmm Project XW VAN !!!!

Bloody well done Phantom xr8. I might have to go back out to the track now. Havent been out for ages. You will crack a 12 no prob buddy. You have a sedan for a start just get the 1.8 60 footers and your there. You definatly have the fastest mph. Anyways here is a time slip hope you can read it ok.

Yella Terra Supercharged

Power Output?
ENOUGH TO BREAK EVERY THING MORE TIMES THAN I CARE TO COUNT

POWERED BY VISA MASTERCARD AND MORE VISA
(And now a mortgage extension)

Disclaimer :

: Anything that seems or sounds illegal is all in my head and due to an over active imagination... :

Last edited by Kev_BLNXR8_Ute; 02-04-2005 at 10:55 PM. Reason: Trying to make pic just a little smaller
Kev_BLNXR8_Ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2005, 10:28 PM   #16
Kev_BLNXR8_Ute
Hmm Project XW VAN !!!!

Whoops sorry. Didnt think it would be that big..O well at least you can read it.

The 60 foot looks like 1.8601. Which would be about right for my ute.I have slips with 1.83, 1.84.

Yella Terra Supercharged

Power Output?
ENOUGH TO BREAK EVERY THING MORE TIMES THAN I CARE TO COUNT