Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 30-03-2006, 07:52 PM   #121
rodderz

Quote:
Originally Posted by geea
I reckon a Black Ford will be the quickest at the LS1 Nats. Thing is i also reckon it will have 6cyl not 8 and 1 turbo not 2. :voldar02:

Geea.
Gonna try run into the single digits Craig and go for a 9?
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2006, 08:12 PM   #122
geea
Turbo God

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodderz
Gonna try run into the single digits Craig and go for a 9?
I wish. :
I'm hoping to beat my PB. My car has a different fuel setup now. Much bigger injectors and the rising rate fuel reg has been removed. I'm also changing fuel from C16 to MS109. I get the car back tomorrow and still not sure what sort of power it will have. The old set up had more in it, if i could have launched without snapping CV's. If i have similar power to before i'll be hoping for a 10.5 during the day and i'll dial in 10.9 and leave the ilne a little softer. I'll need to see how the car goes on the first few passes to know though.

RIP BOOF 28/02/03-20/08/04 12.24@115.38mph
.....HPF.....
geea is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2006, 08:15 PM   #123
geea
Turbo God

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRQTOR
It's got a big bad Boss in it...........
I haven't heard of any Boss's in the 10's yet. Could you shed a bit more light on the subject. :lookedat:

.....HPF.....
Old 30-03-2006, 08:32 PM   #124
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
I haven't heard of any Boss's in the 10's yet. Could you shed a bit more light on the subject. :lookedat:
Steve from RDP his black ba xr8 ute has a big ИИИИoff procharger on it, the thing pushes 13oorwhp & 35oorpm stallie. No idea if it'll be be or not but i was just stirring.

What was the best time you got on pump fuel, do all the big hp turbo's run race gas or are some pump fuel.
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2006, 08:38 PM   #125
Chris
AFF.com.au

i know a blue ute that will be running NA............................
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2006, 08:52 PM   #126
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris
i know a blue ute that will be running NA............................
??????
Old 30-03-2006, 09:55 PM   #127
geea
Turbo God

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRQTOR
Steve from RDP his black ba xr8 ute has a big ИИИИoff procharger on it, the thing pushes 13oorwhp & 35oorpm stallie. No idea if it'll be be or not but i was just stirring.

What was the best time you got on pump fuel, do all the big hp turbo's run race gas or are some pump fuel.
Ah Steve, know he has his XR6T running low 10's didn't know he had run the 8 yet.

My best time on pump fuel so far is an 11.17@125, that was with my old tune. I have since changed my fuel system alittle and i have bigger injectors and a much sweeter tune with, what feels like, more down low. It only has another 5rwkw's up to 332.4rwkw's but feels alot quicker. I'm going to try see if it's any quicker soon.
Below is a my current tune. HPF have used the Xede which has a switch to turn down the boost on the blue line. I have the lower boost tune for the wet or if Renata (wife) wants to drive.

.....HPF.....
Old 30-03-2006, 10:49 PM   #128
Des Flurane

That's so sweet, if it's raining or my wife drives, the motor only puts out 303 rwkw!
That's not a detune, that's a recipe for disaster ;-)
Oh to be you, lol.
Old 31-03-2006, 03:23 PM   #129
Bluepower
KenneBell Australia

Pass on my regards to the boys at Amberley Craig, and best of luck to Capt Marv if he takes the car out.

Remember - the front part of the quarter is the most fun, and the most important. Hope you guys run a big number, I wont be there but if you guys should back up under an 11.48, i would like to be the first to buy you a beer.

Good luck guys, see you at the LS1 nats............
Bluepower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2006, 04:03 AM   #130
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Ah Steve, know he has his XR6T running low 10's didn't know he had run the 8 yet.

My best time on pump fuel so far is an 11.17@125, that was with my old tune. I have since changed my fuel system alittle and i have bigger injectors and a much sweeter tune with, what feels like, more down low. It only has another 5rwkw's up to 332.4rwkw's but feels alot quicker. I'm going to try see if it's any quicker soon.
Below is a my current tune. HPF have used the Xede which has a switch to turn down the boost on the blue line. I have the lower boost tune for the wet or if Renata (wife) wants to drive.

There some nice figures there mate. I know what you mean about having 2 tunes, my baby tune is set at 34orwkw and it's plenty for the road. It'll bake the rears at 11ok's, can't wait till i run the big tune in it. I don't have a copy of my afr's but i think they are fairly similar to your's. Chris might be able to post them up if he can remember or has a copy handy.

I love how much low down grunt the turbo's push out.