Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 22-11-2005, 11:48 AM   #31
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think too many people worry about ****y meaningless records and not enough about getting the best from their combination and enjoying themselves.
Besides, Rods pursuit was still technically unopened when it ran the 11.5... and the turbos were bolt ons
XA-Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2005, 12:31 PM   #32
JG3282
Awake after dark

Quote:
Originally Posted by XA Coupe
I think too many people worry about ****y meaningless records and not enough about getting the best from their combination and enjoying themselves.
it's funny cos it's true :

His Car: XE Fairmont Ghia - For Sale Here

Her Car: ED Fairmont - Lowered, Pioneer stereo, Sony XPlod speakers, Big Exhaust & more
JG3282 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2005, 12:32 PM   #33
GT 8888
↑↑ USERNAME ↑↑

Quote:
Originally Posted by XA Coupe
Couldn't agree more.....most of us drive these cars for the pleasure of everyday driving. I've done 43,000 in 12 months of which 10 km has been done down the quarter....don't have to be Einstein to figure out what is more important to me.

Don't get me wrong, I love to take the car down the strip as much as anyone else but I know there will always be someone quicker.

Still want a 12 though. :

"I wasn't speeding officer...I was qualifying"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 347_XR8
If the Grim Reaper drove a car....it would have to be that car!
GT 8888 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2005, 03:34 PM   #34
Chris
AFF.com.au

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG3282
it's funny cos it's true :
You started the thread dude, I dont care about titles, only want to keep bettering myself and my clients cars...........
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2005, 04:03 PM   #35
JG3282
Awake after dark

Chris ask yourself this question... Why do you keep thinking that what I say is aimed at negativity towards yourself? You've spoken to me face to face and know how I feel about your achievements. BUT this thread is about - in the opinion of a handful of guys I spoke to on the weekend - someone elses achievements and how it set the scene for what was to come. Without the hard yakka that Rod put into his Pursuit the Boss scene would not be where it is today. On the same hand what you have done recently has also helped the cause greatly. My hat off to both yourself and Rod.

His Car: XE Fairmont Ghia - For Sale Here

Her Car: ED Fairmont - Lowered, Pioneer stereo, Sony XPlod speakers, Big Exhaust & more
JG3282 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2005, 04:30 PM   #36
Chris
AFF.com.au

Dude,

XA coupe stated the deal about meaningless records.

You said its funny because its true.

I said, u started the thread - by you starting the thread aren't you contradicting yourself in agreeing with XAcoupe?

either you think they are meaningless or they have merit. by starting the thread it would seem u think they have merit, by agreeing with Jeff you contradict yourself.

No stress here mate, I got no probs with achievements - my achievements are not the issue here.

Just stop changing your mind..........your like a wife lol
Old 22-11-2005, 05:18 PM   #37
rodderz

Why dont we ask "The King" for advice..lol
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2005, 05:22 PM   #38
Quadcams
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr8888
Couldn't agree more.....most of us drive these cars for the pleasure of everyday driving. I've done 43,000 in 12 months of which 10 km has been done down the quarter....don't have to be Einstein to figure out what is more important to me.

Don't get me wrong, I love to take the car down the strip as much as anyone else but I know there will always be someone quicker.

Still want a 12 though. :
Ya dead right there Brad done the same K's as you mate and the strip is only a small part of you cars life and yes there will always be someone quicker but jezz its fun.

Mate love the spirit on the 12 dude anytime now!

On this thread hasnt it been discussed millions of time before who ever started it had a motive I think otherwise where have you been dude.

Anyway stoked in Rods developement stoked in Chris's developement, hell where would we be without these guys so I would think respect to both of them and alot of it, seems like good old aussy tall popy syndrome.
Quadcams is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2005, 05:29 PM   #39
Craig
RIP Craig - 13/11/08
Donating Member1

Records are made to be broken no matter who owns them. How they achieved that record i guess is open for discussion. I personally have more respect for anyone who runs consistent rather than just one big number once.

Don Prudhomme a well know Funny Car racer many years ago ran a number that was just unbelievable like 4 tenths quicker than anyone else but destroyed the engine in the meantime. It was rumoured he ran nitrous in one of his fire bottles for that run. Yes everyone took notice of what he had done but gained no respect for a one off run.

I am "NOT" saying Rod ran nitrous but in my eyes a one off run means nothing. That's why in Drag Racing to claim a record you need to back it up within 1 percent.

Until there are such "RULES" for the Boss guys then it's all just do what you want.
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2005, 05:42 PM   #40
ozzyjim

The fastest unopened boss is chris's car, thats my opinion.....nuff said really.

Cheers
Jim
Old 22-11-2005, 06:00 PM   #41
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Can we put in straight up words Who is the Quickest Unopened 260? and 290?

If it is you Chris (260) then make the claim if it isn't then tell us who is?
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2005, 06:24 PM   #42
rodderz

The argument remains what is opened and what is not

There will always be debate on what is and what isnt, some say some things are allowed like valve springs, cam timing or heads ported, where engined have been opened to enhance stock parts, others prefer to only allow bolt on's without enhancing or changing the setting of stock parts

As long as the time is good and the racing is close it's good for all!
Old 22-11-2005, 06:27 PM   #43
Quadcams
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodderz

There will always be debate on what is and what isnt, some say some things are allowed like valve springs, cam timing or heads ported, where engined have been opened to enhance stock parts, others prefer to only allow bolt on's without enhancing or changing the setting of stock parts

And good for FORD!!!
Old 22-11-2005, 06:32 PM   #44
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Was there not some suggestions about setting up some guidelines / classes for the Boss ?
DOC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2005, 06:40 PM   #45
rodderz

I think so Pete...but there's probably further debate as to who! Not sure if it's like a "forum rules" or an official type thing or not, but it may be worth drawing such guidelines up, as no doubt there will be further debates down the track regarding who run with what and how
Old 22-11-2005, 06:43 PM   #46
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I think so Pete...but there's probably further debate as to who! Not sure if it's like a "forum rules" or an official type thing or not, but it may be worth drawing such guidelines up, as no doubt there will be further debates down the track regarding who run with what and how
All good things start some where, so perhaps if its forums rules as a basis where people ( In the know and i;m not one of them ) could propose and settle on a set of rules / classes it would be great.
DOC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2005, 08:48 PM   #47
HEMI POWER
N/A BOSS 390+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzyjim
The fastest unopened boss is chris's car, thats my opinion.....nuff said really.

Cheers
Jim
I think i have the fastest 290 un-opened BOSS.The quickest would be Rod's 290 and Chris would have the quickest and fastest BOSS 260.But at the end of the day if most draged there FPV cars they would be in the same boat.
ALL AUSSIE MUSCLE

Last edited by HEMI POWER; 22-11-2005 at 08:54 PM.
HEMI POWER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2005, 09:08 PM   #48
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPVGT
I think i have the fastest 290 un-opened BOSS.The quickest would be Rod's 290 and Chris would have the quickest and fastest BOSS 260.But at the end of the day if most draged there FPV cars they would be in the same boat.
While were at it what's the fastest and quickest F/I boss powered cars both in the 26o and 29o's.
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2005, 09:19 PM   #49
PhantomXR8
Now a FG XR8 in Nitro

Thumbs up Opened smopened

It's so simple, Wade's car is unopened. If the rocker covers have been removed to make a modification it's not opened. There's nothing wrong with opened modified engines, it's just not "unopened". If you keep it simple from the beginning it will stay simple! I'm not going off, it just seems so obvious that's all!
Old 22-11-2005, 09:54 PM   #50
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

How do you and who's going to police what the rules are, if there is a set of rules.

Have a look at the LS1 camp, there's talk about some unopened cars not being totally unopened, but nobody checks them.
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2005, 10:03 PM   #51
HEMI POWER
N/A BOSS 390+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratter
How do you and who's going to police what the rules are, if there is a set of rules.

Have a look at the LS1 camp, there's talk about some unopened cars not being totally unopened, but nobody checks them.
It won't matter because when the BOSS 290 6 SPEED AUTO hits the track it will be the quickest. :
ALL AUSSIE MUSCLE
HEMI POWER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2005, 10:14 PM   #52
Chris
AFF.com.au

Alex, you are a constant voice of reason, and watching your car claw its way up the 1/4 at me that day at heathcote was a laugh............

lucky for us 260 blokes the 1/4 isn't 50 metres longer, there would be some 290's having a blast out there!!

I cant lie, I have been pricing the new pursuit.............I think the 290 club needs a new member. What the bank manager says may be a different thing.......
Old 22-11-2005, 10:19 PM   #53
Quadcams
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris

What the bank manager says may be a different thing.......
Who Kyle thruster? j/k
Old 22-11-2005, 10:26 PM   #54
Chris
AFF.com.au

Kyle thruster is a f****** barstard bank manager *****. He better stay away from my dog.................
Old 22-11-2005, 10:32 PM   #55
Quadcams
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Kyle thruster is a f****** barstard bank manager *****. He better stay away from my dog.................
Old 22-11-2005, 10:39 PM   #56
Chris
AFF.com.au

Is that you watching Vern? how are you bro??
Old 22-11-2005, 10:39 PM   #57
GT 8888
↑↑ USERNAME ↑↑

Quote:
Just so happens I'm seeing Kyle later on......I'll pass on your kind regards :togo:

"I wasn't speeding officer...I was qualifying"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 347_XR8
If the Grim Reaper drove a car....it would have to be that car!
GT 8888 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2005, 10:42 PM   #58
Chris
AFF.com.au

Hey Bradman, good to hear from you.

Give the thruster my regards.

Gonna try and organise a flying visit from the vic boys soon, hope the beers are as cold in SA as they are here.

Then we might head north to take some beer out of the sydney boy's fridges,

then Vern and Jabba may have to lay out a spread.......
Old 22-11-2005, 10:45 PM   #59
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Hey Bradman, good to hear from you.

Give the thruster my regards.

Gonna try and organise a flying visit from the vic boys soon, hope the beers are as cold in SA as they are here.

Then we might head north to take some beer out of the sydney boy's fridges,

then Vern and Jabba may have to lay out a spread.......
Fridge is ready and waiting bud you just get your **** up here. Just dont try and empty them all in one hit :.
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2005, 10:45 PM   #60
blueblooded

im watching mate to much politics for me lets just go fast . mines geting tuned as we speek
blueblooded is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post