Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 22-02-2012, 11:53 AM   #31
prasac
Banned

Default Re: FUCH'S APSA SHOOTOUT this weekend @ Calder Park Raceway 18/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd dad
Congrats on the pb and the runner up. You can run flat out at any race meeting- its called qualifying. Then set your dial in to that, no guarentee on the amount of runs as this meeting proved- one less qualifier and finals cut short as well. Cant understand why people prefer heads up against DYO as it levels the playing field for all? Dont get me wrong the cars at the top of this scene are amazing and full credit to all involved but unless you have a pretty big budget you have no hope of competing with them in eliminations when its heads up.
anything can happen and anyone can win in drag racing, yeah more often than not it's the top guys that take it out. i know alot of guys that love DYO, for me i like the heads up. DYO is more fair but i love the heads up stuff. watching the Top Doorslammers n Pro Stock cars watching them go side by side down the track is crazy.

i am building an Outlaw 10.5, it's probably the cheapest to build car in the class, i don't have all the fandangled bells n whistles that all these other cars have, but, we are happy to get it in there and have some fun. to me it's more personal achievements, but it's not to say i don't want to beat a few of the big boys and turn some heads
prasac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2012, 01:29 PM   #32
jd dad
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasac
anything can happen and anyone can win in drag racing, yeah more often than not it's the top guys that take it out. i know alot of guys that love DYO, for me i like the heads up. DYO is more fair but i love the heads up stuff. watching the Top Doorslammers n Pro Stock cars watching them go side by side down the track is crazy.

i am building an Outlaw 10.5, it's probably the cheapest to build car in the class, i don't have all the fandangled bells n whistles that all these other cars have, but, we are happy to get it in there and have some fun. to me it's more personal achievements, but it's not to say i don't want to beat a few of the big boys and turn some heads
My two favorite brackets right there, your dead right on the winning thing too. Nothing like beating a quicker car to the line, had a guy in an old mini beat a XW mock GT at one of our meetings here last season. Guy in the XW was not real impressed either lol.
Old 22-02-2012, 03:53 PM   #33
prasac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd dad
My two favorite brackets right there, your dead right on the winning thing too. Nothing like beating a quicker car to the line, had a guy in an old mini beat a XW mock GT at one of our meetings here last season. Guy in the XW was not real impressed either lol.
it soooo good when the car you think is going to win gets beaten, well unless u had money on it i have seen alot of cars come out that look like nuggets and they blow some tuff looking cars away.
Old 23-02-2012, 01:11 PM   #34
prasac
Banned

over 15 minutes of action courtesy of Mark from www.fpv.net.au
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwQosvm5-xk
Old 05-03-2012, 05:34 PM   #35
prasac
Banned

great video from fullboost of George Bastiras's beautiful twin turbo BBF Falcon http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABkDxA3T6EM

Last edited by prasac; 05-03-2012 at 05:40 PM.
Old 13-03-2012, 06:59 PM   #36
ronnyBB
Channel 4 news team

Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE ALE
The great thing about entering the Pro street shoot outs, is that its a Chicago style shoot out, heads up, and no dial your own. So your guaranteed X amount of runs, and you can run as fast as you can with out the worry of braking out.

We towed over from S.A. with the aim of upping the PB from last year. And we did, 8.5 @163, red HQ 2 door Monaro, 3500 lbs, 28x 10.5 tyre, 622 ci, single four barrel. And as luck would have it, a couple of heavy hitters didnt show, a couple broke, and we ended up in the final. Ended up with the runners up trophy and a $500 cheque in modified street unblown

We know we are no chance against the Capri's/Torana's, but we dont care. We are out there trying to get the most out of the Monaro, and this style of racing allows you to go as hard and as fast as you can.
Well done for runner up
I was there with my XE ESP street car from SA too
Got flogged in the mod street unblown class but i didnt care cos i was also just trying to get the most out of the car (and did a PB 10.7 @ 129 in street trim)
As you said, that class is great cos you get plenty of runs
Had a great time and the track was awesome!