Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 05-02-2012, 01:33 AM   #1
AXR6T2NV

Default Need advice on 1/4 mile runs please!!

Okay hey guys hows it going!! Got a couple of questions firstly I'm thinking of going to the strip soon! Or general muck around racing I have a 6sp auto bf with 402rwhp

First question what kinda times would I be expecting with that horse power,just on 17s nothing special

What mods could I do to get better times and power to the ground?

And I want sme pointers on how to go down the strip.!?! Like witch mode to go in,how to launch,and to use or not use traction control? Go easy cause I'm new to this!! Thanks fire away guys.!.!.

AXR6T2NV is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2012, 04:32 AM   #2
Ibo
Force Fed Ford

Default Re: Need advice on 1/4 mile runs please!!

Bf turbo or BF 8???

there are sections on the forums for this. Not the pub.

If you have 400+rwhp you already have mods.. at least a tune running 10+psi.

go to the Bseries section and put a desription of your car and mods and im sure someone will help you out.
Old 05-02-2012, 07:52 AM   #3
GTP owner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i am guessing it's an xr6t by your username.
300rwkw will see you run a low 12 or high 11 if you are lucky.
-Use performance mode - just push the selector across and let the car do the shifting. If you want to manually change, it doesn't make a real big difference.
-Street tyres at 20psi, a little skid to clean them, then stage. Getting them hot will make them perform worse.
-Full tank of fuel to prevent fuel surge.
-Stall up to around 1800rpm, and let her rip on the last orange light. Grip will determine how many revs you can leave with. More grip= more revs.
-Practice at the strip. More practice will result in better times. Practice on the street does nothing but confuse you when you do get to the christmas tree.
-Have fun, and post your times here when you are done!
E3 chubsport - fully fat (and slow), sitting there waiting for me to get sick of it and sell it.
BA XR6T for a daily
NT Pajero for the bush
XB 4 door project- swallows a BF xr6 turbo

My dad is a generous bloke. He gave away his dead car batteries free of charge....
GTP owner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2012, 08:39 PM   #4
Bossxr8
Peter Car

TC off.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2012, 12:29 AM   #5
Windsor342ci
The Experience...

For that sort of power and street treads. Dont mash your foot to the ground off the mark. Wait till your comfortably bogged down before you hit the firewall.

We can tell you a million things on here, but nothing will get you understanding untill your 4th soild run of the night. Then you'll know a few of thebasic shoulds and should nots. Have fun!!!
Windsor342ci is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2012, 03:14 PM   #6
AXR6T2NV

Hey sorry guys I've been replying but it's not letting me!! Answers yeah I have a bf ute with a ZF6sp auto it has intercooler,injectors,fuel pump,exhaust,and flash tuner and valve springs making 402.5 on 13psi, just was worried about the traction issue ect when traction control is of cheers for all ya help I'm gonna be trying soon so can't wait just dont want to imbarise my self really!
AXR6T2NV is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2012, 03:18 PM   #7
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRYHSV
We can tell you a million things on here, but nothing will get you understanding untill your 4th soild run of the night. Then you'll know a few of thebasic shoulds and should nots. Have fun!!!
This.

Also don't get wrapped up in times, just do your own thing and enjoy the experience.