Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Laser and Telstar

Old 17-09-2005, 04:00 PM   #1
sadtelstar

Default solenoid or what?

Hi,
I have an automatic 1989 ford telstar tx5 2.2lt .I had problems with the transmission, it wasnt changing gears properly so i took it for a service and they said i needed a new gear box.So i went and got a new one and got it put it,But the probs are still there and it seems to be a bit worse, The guys who fixed it said to brng it back in cause it sounds like an electric kind of thing.So what i,m wondering is if it might be the solenoids or something else.
It has problems going into reverse and doesnt like going into 2nd and third gear and revs really badly and it has no take off when put is applied to the exelerator.And the gear box area tends to get very very warm if not overheat.
They have checked the fluid levels of the oil so it cant be that.
Has anyone had this problem or similiar.
thanks for reading,
i,m just a chick who doesnt know much about cars, guess it shows in my post hehehe just wanna get my car going properly. :

Last edited by sadtelstar; 17-09-2005 at 04:08 PM.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2005, 09:37 PM   #2
TX5 GT
Sold one of the Telstars

does the problem get worse when hot?
CAI - SUNROOF - ADJUSTABLE SUSPENSION - SOUND SYSTEM - CRONOS FRONT END - 4SPEED AUTO - 15PSI - EXHAUST - FRONT MOUNT COOLER - HEAVY DUTY BANDS - TORSEN LSD - DYNOED AT 145KW ATW @ 6000RPM everything after 4 speed auto is a typo
TX5 GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2005, 10:52 AM   #3
sadtelstar

Yep it sure does,
Old 18-09-2005, 10:55 AM   #4
sadtelstar

since having the new gearbox put in it seems to have a very delayed reaction to exelerate or when its changing gears,it revs but not as bad as the old gearbox, but if i have a new one it just cant be the problem,Its driving me nuts, i just want to know what the go is and how much its gana cost me and most important will my car be ok.
Old 18-09-2005, 09:10 PM   #5
TX5 GT
Sold one of the Telstars

im thinking someone has replaced the radiator and put one out of a manual in

2 things for you to tell me:

1. by the LHS headlight is there a little thing which is about as long as a "bread stick thing (prolly 9") sorta behind the headlight and down a little. (has hoses going to it)

2. At the very bottom of the radiator how many pipes go in - there will be one big black one on the right hand side, what otherones are there?
CAI - SUNROOF - ADJUSTABLE SUSPENSION - SOUND SYSTEM - CRONOS FRONT END - 4SPEED AUTO - 15PSI - EXHAUST - FRONT MOUNT COOLER - HEAVY DUTY BANDS - TORSEN LSD - DYNOED AT 145KW ATW @ 6000RPM everything after 4 speed auto is a typo
TX5 GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post