Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Laser and Telstar

Old 02-09-2005, 03:39 PM   #1
Zedjay
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default telstar coupe

well not really but im thinking of making one

dose anyone know if telstar and 626 front panels interchange
if they do then ive got a MX6 that needs front panels ( the front bar, bonnet ,head lights and grill is the same as a GD 626 ) so i mite be able to fit telsar front panels and lights and ive got a telstar tubo coupe

Last edited by Zedjay; 02-09-2005 at 04:09 PM. Reason: spelling
Zedjay is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-09-2005, 03:53 PM   #2
BlackLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedjay
well not really but im thinking of making one

dose anyone know if telstar and 626 front panels interchange
if they do then ive got a MX6 that needs front panels ( the front bar, bonnet ,head lights and grill is the same as a GD 626 ) so i mite be able to fit telsar front panels and lights and ive got a telstar tubo coupe

From what I remember, the MX6 has slightly different front end to the 626, the MX6 has front indicator that slope down to a sharp point, whereas the 626 has more squareish indicaters. Having said that, I'm pretty sure you will be able to get the front panels on it.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-09-2005, 04:14 PM   #3
Zedjay
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

only the blinkers and front gaurds are diffrent to the 626 and so is the front bar but i know the 626 front bar bolts straight up .

i reckon it would look cool i will even put ford badging on it TELSTAR TX2 TURBO 12V LOL
Old 02-09-2005, 09:29 PM   #4
TX5 GT
Sold one of the Telstars

id just like to point out, that you will need to modifiy the front doors, the mx's guards are flared and the flare continues about 10cm into the door. I have seen it done. I saw a wild one which started with a tx5 and modified the whole lots (with Mx stuff) and made a 2 door hatch. Looked awesome.
CAI - SUNROOF - ADJUSTABLE SUSPENSION - SOUND SYSTEM - CRONOS FRONT END - 4SPEED AUTO - 15PSI - EXHAUST - FRONT MOUNT COOLER - HEAVY DUTY BANDS - TORSEN LSD - DYNOED AT 145KW ATW @ 6000RPM everything after 4 speed auto is a typo
TX5 GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-09-2005, 10:18 PM   #5
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Do it : That would seriously be awesome if you could pull that off.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-09-2005, 10:36 PM   #6
LUXO_8
windsor user

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY
Do it : That would seriously be awesome if you could pull that off.
what he said.

my brother in law had an mx6 turbo a few years ago, retrimmed with leather, upped the boost, intercooled. left the body stock - sleeper

was pretty cool
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-09-2005, 10:54 PM   #7
TX5 GT
Sold one of the Telstars

yeah sounds good but he was an engineer so he was able to his own fabrication, if you took it somewhere (to be legit) it would cost $$$$$
CAI - SUNROOF - ADJUSTABLE SUSPENSION - SOUND SYSTEM - CRONOS FRONT END - 4SPEED AUTO - 15PSI - EXHAUST - FRONT MOUNT COOLER - HEAVY DUTY BANDS - TORSEN LSD - DYNOED AT 145KW ATW @ 6000RPM everything after 4 speed auto is a typo
Old 04-09-2005, 05:28 PM   #8
Zedjay
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX5 GT
yeah sounds good but he was an engineer so he was able to his own fabrication, if you took it somewhere (to be legit) it would cost $$$$$

it should all bolt up the doors wont be a prob if i graft the rear part of the MX6 gaurd to the front of the telstar gaurd or smooth the front of the door out
Old 04-09-2005, 08:36 PM   #9
TX5 GT
Sold one of the Telstars

im told the guard will actually fit
its the flaring that will stuff you.
Old 04-09-2005, 08:37 PM   #10
TX5 GT
Sold one of the Telstars

FYI that post you quoted was about the 2door hatch
Old 06-09-2005, 01:08 PM   #11
Zedjay
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

have you got any pics of the 2 door hatch??
Old 06-09-2005, 02:14 PM   #12
TX5 GT
Sold one of the Telstars

nope no pics, mabye try to search on google, he may have a page on it or something. I saw it at some car show when i went to brisbane. If its still around there who knows.