Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 10-04-2017, 01:21 PM   #1
Km89
Starter Motor

Default I'm not getting notified of text messages

I have a 2015 Ford Focus S.

My Sync used to notify my of text messages and read them out. Now this function has suddenly stopped and I don't know how to turn it back on.

Asked Ford at my last service and they said it shouldn't have ever had this function but they would look into it.

It's been able to do this for the last 3 years so I don't know why it would suddenly stop now..

Has this happened to anyone else?
Km89 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2017, 03:50 PM   #2
jase_elxr8

Default Re: I'm not getting notified of text messages

If you have an iphone, you need to goto settings, bluetooth and click the i symbol for your cars connection and make sure show notifications is enabled.
jase_elxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2017, 08:08 PM   #3
Km89
Starter Motor

I don't have that option in my Bluetooth settings... :(
Old 10-04-2017, 10:08 PM   #4
jase_elxr8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Km89 View Post
On your phone??
Might be time to delete your phone and re-pair it to sync
jase_elxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2017, 07:41 PM   #5
NX74205
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I had the same issue with Sync 2 in my Mondeo. Deleting and re-pairing my phone didn't work initially, then I had the idea of deleting my phone, switching off the car, opening the door (so that Sync shuts down), and then re-start the car and re-pair my phone. That worked.

Worse case scenario, you can always do a master reset,
2005 Ford BF Fairmont (2006-2019)
1989 Ford EA Falcon GL (2000-2007)
1982 Ford KA Laser Ghia (1999-2000)
NX74205 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2017, 08:34 PM   #6
CatonaPC©

Quote:
Originally Posted by NX74205 View Post
Worse case scenario, you can always do a master reset,
Correct. But this is not a 'worse case scenario'. A master reset is a last resort and not something you want to do if everything else in SYNC is working. I've done this myself a couple of times and it just messed things up without actually solving my problem.

Deleting and re-pairing is the best option. Ensuring the phone is set up correctly to send notifications is another. Failing that, try connecting another phone to see if things work.

If none of these actions work, then you could try a manual reboot if you have SYNC2: Hold down audio power and press the search forward '>>|'. The screen goes blank for about 30 seconds and then completes a full reboot of SYNC2.

Only perform a master reset when you've exhausted all the other avenues.
CatonaPC© is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2017, 12:43 PM   #7
4cyl_Turbo

Quote:
You need to do this when in the car with the phone paired, as the menus change depending on Bluetooth connection.
2018 Ford Focus SA Titanium - white (current)
4cyl_Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2017, 01:23 PM   #8
Km89
Starter Motor

Okay - I've managed to pair my Bluetooth again and it now has the option in my lietooth settings to "allow notifications" which isn't wasn't displaying before.

However it's still not notifying me via the Sync. When I go into the settings, the text messaging functions are greyed out and I can't select them..
Old 15-04-2017, 04:05 PM   #9
CatonaPC©

Quote:
When I go into the settings, the text messaging functions are greyed out and I can't select them..
You haven't indicated what model Focus you have. In 2015, there were two models, the LW with SYNC and the LZ with SYNC2. The other issue is that if you have an iPhone, some SYNC or SYNC2 text message functions are not available and so are greyed out. But, if everything set up correctly, it should at the very least get notifications. It also begs the question; have you changed your phone lately?
CatonaPC© is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2017, 10:26 PM   #10
Nz xr8

Question Re: I'm not getting notified of text messages

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatonaPC© View Post
If none of these actions work, then you could try a manual reboot if you have SYNC2: Hold down audio power and press the search forward '>>|'. The screen goes blank for about 30 seconds and then completes a full reboot of SYNC2.
I need to do this on my FGX XR8. Do you know what the key combo is on a Falcon? We don't have a '>>|' button.

Cheers,
G.
Nz xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post