Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 11-03-2017, 06:21 PM   #1
hangfire

Default MC Mondeo sat nav

hi all

is it possible to retrofit the zetec headunit with a built in sat nav but also retain the voice control stuff on the stearing wheel?

the Mondeo shipped with a sat nav headunit in Europe but it didn't make it to aus even in the titanium model....
it was a mid range accessory in england
Old 12-03-2017, 03:25 PM   #2
Mondaveo

Default Re: MC Mondeo sat nav

From what I can gather, most aftermarket 'plug and play' head units communicate with a standardised CANBUS interface and thus will work with the media control buttons on the steering wheel, though I'm not sure about the voice command button.

I think most aftermarket head units provide their own voice command system, and the Ford one will be lost (or becomes redundant). I think they also usually have an inbuilt microphone, and don't connect to the original one in the car (wherever that is).

The ones out now seem to have every conceivable feature built-in, but there don't seem to be any aftermarket units available now that will interface with the Convers+ display system, so you will lose that functionally. It certainly can be done (and has been demonstrated in the past) but most vendors are not interested in investing the effort to maintain compatibility with a dead system.

I think your best bet if you want to retain the integrated functionality is to source an OEM satnav unit from overseas. Though from my quick look on ebay there doesn't appear to be much available. And then you might find the mapping software is out of date, if an Australian map is available at all...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondeo View Post
Like 'Mondeo' is possibly Latin for gearbox anxiety.
Mondaveo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2017, 04:39 PM   #3
Mondaveo

Default Re: MC Mondeo sat nav

Excuse me, I might have to ask you to disregard my presumptuous rambling above.

I plugged some more search terms into Google and stumbled upon this:

http://www.fordaustraliaforums.com/f...l=1#post443826

Which led to additional links:

http://www.talkford.com/community/to...g-411-sat-nav/
http://www.talkford.com/community/to...t-radio/page-2

The units are Acodo DTG-407 and DTG-411 from China. They are a bit more substantial than just replacing the Sony CD-radio as they integrate climate control and a rearranged console layout. Convers+ functions are mostly retained, which is what blows my mind.

Sourcing from the Chinese manufacturer seems to be the tricky part. The Russians seem to have it well sorted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondeo View Post
Like 'Mondeo' is possibly Latin for gearbox anxiety.

Last edited by Mondaveo; 12-03-2017 at 04:55 PM.
Mondaveo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: